I absolutely love this game :D one thing that has let me down just a little.

I was hoping that I would be able to play on the GamePad while another 4 players played on the TV, but this is not the case :(

Other than that, amazing fun with local multiplayer so far :)

Got my Wii U on Friday with MK8 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! Got Wind Waker as my promotional game, and also got ZombiU as well which I got for ?5 a couple of weeks ago. 

I absolutely love this game :D one thing that has let me down just a little.

I was hoping that I would be able to play on the GamePad while another 4 players played on the TV, but this is not the case :(

Other than that, amazing fun with local multiplayer so far :)

I wasn't expecting exactly this, but when playing split screen I would have liked to just see my screen instead of also seeing everyone else's as well...if you get what I mean.

The Nintendo page for the free game promotion says the codes for the free game isn't sent out til the end of August... Is this really true?

I have to wait 3 months for my free game if I bug MK8 ? Nintendo really sucks at these things...

The Nintendo page for the free game promotion says the codes for the free game isn't sent out til the end of August... Is this really true?

I have to wait 3 months for my free game if I bug MK8 ? Nintendo really sucks at these things...

I don't think so. Brian said on the first page he got his code instantly

Got my copy in the post this morning. Wow is all I can say. This is the best game Nintendo have pushed out since the 64. It's one of those games I'm not going to be able to put down for a while.

I grabbed a copy of Sonic (I already own the other better games in the list). The code was delivered instantly.

I've read Club Nintendo was getting really bogged down though, so maybe they're spacing it out to deal with the heavy load. People were holding off as it burns the code upon use

I bought it 3 days ago and got the code instantly.

I think what they meant to say is that you have until the end of August to claim your free game. If you don't do it by then, then it's NO CODE FOR YOU.

What are those stars in the upper left corner on the screen in-between races that you can increase using the + key?

i wonder that too

I got my code instantly. I think maybe the promotion lasts until the end of August?

Ummm so I ended up buying the game today, but I just realized.. Where to I get the pin code I register to get the game key for my bonus game?

Been busy playing MK with the GF so I didn't realize I forgot about the pin code... Bought it on the e-shop and you're supposed to get the pin there somewhere as well...

Ummm so I ended up buying the game today, but I just realized.. Where to I get the pin code I register to get the game key for my bonus game?

Been busy playing MK with the GF so I didn't realize I forgot about the pin code... Bought it on the e-shop and you're supposed to get the pin there somewhere as well...

If you got it on the eshop it will automatically show up on club.nintendo.com . If you don't have an account on club nintendo, make one and then link it on the eshop. If it still doesn't show up then contact nintendo support.

Don't forget to get your $5 back for MK8 through the digital deluxe promotion (if you have a 32gb wii u that is). You'll also get another $5 code when you download the free game for a total of $10 off.

Not sure if the promotion is different in Norway/Europe.

But we don't have a club Nintendo, so I had to get the pin from the eshop receipt. Which was well hidden in the slow as eshop GUI. The. I got the mail that said the actual game code will be send me between the 11-31th of August or so....

Nintendo has the worst online system and promotion system ever...

Not sure if the promotion is different in Norway/Europe.

But we don't have a club Nintendo, so I had to get the pin from the eshop receipt. Which was well hidden in the slow as eshop GUI. The. I got the mail that said the actual game code will be send me between the 11-31th of August or so....

Nintendo has the worst online system and promotion system ever...

Interesting because over here we got it instantly without any hassle. The games automatically get linked too. The free game was available instantly too.

The only complaint I had with their online system is nothing is really explained to you, you have to know certain things exist to tale advantage of them....like the digital deluxe promotion. That and the E shop sucks dick.

You could try emailing Nintendo and see if they'll give you the free game instantly because waiting till August is retarded

What are those stars in the upper left corner on the screen in-between races that you can increase using the + key?

i wonder that too

I believe it is to save your favorite replay.  If you go into MarioKart TV you have 6 spots for replays

Do you think they will announce a price drop at e3?

Nope. I don't think so.

What they COULD DO, is to detach the Wii U gamepad and sell it at 200$ without it.  And sell it apart at 150$ or 100$.

I dont think they can detach the gamepad since there are a few games that require it.  So unless they change the packaging on said games.. not going to happen. 

OT - Really hate losing a race at the last second... Ive had to re-do cups multiple times because I wanted the 3 stars...

I dont think they can detach the gamepad since there are a few games that require it.  So unless they change the packaging on said games.. not going to happen. 

OT - Really hate losing a race at the last second... Ive had to re-do cups multiple times because I wanted the 3 stars...

Yeah it's pretty stupid how if you get slammed at the end of the third or fourth race you have to start over.

I'm seriously over the whole, double red shell, blue shell then lightning, sometimes sprinkled with a bit of green shell right before the finish thing...

Yeah it's pretty stupid how if you get slammed at the end of the third or fourth race you have to start over.

I'm seriously over the whole, double red shell, blue shell then lightning, sometimes sprinkled with a bit of green shell right before the finish thing...

EXACTLY....   when I get hit.. I really get hit.. like 3 or 4 times making it impossible to recover..  glad its not just me