PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: June 2014

I downloaded Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate last night and played around with it. It's pretty fun. I love the art style. Terraria and Mutant Mudds Deluxe weren't updated yet, so I couldn't try those out. I can't wait to try some Trine 2 this weekend on my PS4. It's been so long, I'm happy to have a reason to turn it on again.

• Like 1

Just got Pixeljunk and Trine 2, will give them a try later on. Chalk up two more for The Backlog, which is really becoming like a Souls boss. You need summons to overcome it.

Anyone else notice that the PS3 PS+ games appear in the PS4 store now? And for some reason the annual "evergreen" titles are still visible despite their discontinuation.

The recent PS3 store update is a big improvement though. Not holding my breathe it will last. The last overhaul was speedy at first but went downhill fast after a few updates to speeds worse than the original.

The recent PS3 store update is a big improvement though. Not holding my breathe it will last. The last overhaul was speedy at first but went downhill fast after a few updates to speeds worse than the original.

Yup, quite snappy menus but lag in places with detailed imagery. I miss the old PSN store...

Really enjoying playing Surge Deluxe, it's addictive :D I've yet to play the others.

Anyone else notice that the PS3 PS+ games appear in the PS4 store now? And for some reason the annual "evergreen" titles are still visible despite their discontinuation.

Didn't notice this, will check. At least the cloud save glitch has been resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY hope that isn't what Europe gets :/

Speak for yourself - STRIDER

It's a bit of a cop out that you're supposed to get 2 games per platform per month, but they've included cross-buy in that. Technically only 5 games this month, but technically they're providing what they said :/

They need to stop being stingy with the cross-buy. Fair enough if the dev had to spend a lot more in developing the Vita version, but there's not many that cater anything hardware wise to it. Just straight ports.

Hmmm, what to do about Strider.
I know this is not the US + rumor, but might be what we get.

Been wanting to check Strider out now for awhile, and right now it is $7.49 on Games With Gold on Live, but no doubt if I can hold out a little bit and get it for free via + I would prefer to do that.

Hmmm, what to do about Strider.

I know this is not the US + rumor, but might be what we get.

Been wanting to check Strider out now for awhile, and right now it is $7.49 on Games With Gold on Live, but no doubt if I can hold out a little bit and get it for free via + I would prefer to do that.

It's by no means a decent revamp, but it's not easy, it's fast paced and has that old 8 bit "make mistake, you die - game over" aspect that few games have these days.

It's by no means a decent revamp, but it's not easy, it's fast paced and has that old 8 bit "make mistake, you die - game over" aspect that few games have these days.

I've been playing 1001 Spikes recently on my 3DS, which is pretty much one of the most brutal games I have played in quite some time, so the checkpoint based system of Strider will be very much welcome. :laugh:  I actually checked out the demo of Strider and really liked what I played so far. I think I will definitely like it, it is just a matter of will I like it more for $7.49 or potentially free. I am pretty sure free wins out, so going to wait and see.

Strider on PS4...bought it day one obviously as grew up on the originals. Good experience overall, but insanely difficult even on easy - gave up on it eventually towards the end. For free it's definitely something to look forward to. And the PS+ Asia offerings are notoriously lame...mind you this is SE Asia, as in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, and a few other places. This is not Japan, which is why it's annoying because Asia gamers are quite different from Japan gamers and don't take kindly to getting stuff like that MIND=O title.