"Knight Rider" Movie: Chris Pratt, Danny McBride Behind the Wheel?

Rumblings that The Weinstein Company was making a movie out of classic '80s TV series "Knight Rider" surfaced last summer, when writer Brad Copeland ("Wild Hogs," "Arrested Development") was reportedly attached to pen a screenplay. Now, a new report suggests that the film already has its two leads: Chris Pratt and Danny McBride.

Schmoes Know writes that TWC has made Pratt and McBride offers to star in the adaptation, which originally starred David Hasselhoff as the titular Michael Knight, whose high-tech car, KITT, can talk. Though the site's anonymous tipster didn't indicate who would be up for what part, Schmoes writes that they think Pratt would most likely be playing Knight, while McBride would make a good fit to voice KITT.

Nothing has been confirmed, or even mentioned, by TWC in the way of casting, or even a timeline for making the film, so obviously Pratt and McBride's involvement is just a rumor for now. But Pratt has been headlining a host of diverse fare recently, with newly-minted hit "The Lego Movie" under his belt and his sure-to-be-hit turn in "Guardians of the Galaxy" dropping later this year. He's also got a part in next year's "Jurassic World." So it makes sense that he would be in the running to star in a high-profile reboot.

Judging by all the talent involved here, this version of "Knight Rider" would most likely err on the comedic side, just like fellow '80s TV adaptation "21 Jump Street." The Los Angeles Times had previously reported that TWC is also looking to make this flick heavy on the action, capitalizing on the recent successes like the "Fast and Furious" franchise. If filmmakers can pull it off successfully, it should make for an entertaining combination.

Source

I just wish they'd get it right. :(

They screwed it up last time, a Mustang?  No, just No!  And the whole transformation into other things with some "nano-tech" BS.  I love the original series, maybe because it wasn't trying to be so sci-fi.  KITT was just a cool looking black sports car with great performance and a AI computer that could help the dude out with a few things,  The show was still about Michael Knight helping people and solving crimes/problems, not so much how great and super tech advanced the car is/was.

They screwed it up last time, a Mustang?  No, just No!  And the whole transformation into other things with some "nano-tech" BS.  I love the original series, maybe because it wasn't trying to be so sci-fi.  KITT was just a cool looking black sports car with great performance and a AI computer that could help the dude out with a few things,  The show was still about Michael Knight helping people and solving crimes/problems, not so much how great and super tech advanced the car is/was.

For the 80's it was pretty damn scifi and the car did a lot of fancy tech stuff.

Thing is, to bring the show to the modern age it needs more than a talking car.

Personally, I think they should leave it alone.  The show was iconic, but it was a thing of the 80's.  Leave it there and strop screwing with my memories!

Knight Rider was great for its time but nowadays everybody has a car that talks to them and tells them where to go. It's just not as futuristic as it once was.

Look, stop trying.  Leave it alone.  We let you play with it a few times, and each time - you broke it.

^^^This times infinity. They need to just be original for once instead of remaking everything in sight.