choosing best ram for the money

According to pcpartpicker I found this: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231533&AID=10657534&PID=3938566&SID=&nm_mc=AFC-C8JunctionCA&cm_mmc=AFC-C8JunctionCA-_-na-_-na-_-na

Would it make a difference if I get the above or DDR3 1600 and 1.35v for my T440p? I know DDR3's prices haven't changed much and DDR4 might be on the way, should I go for it or will prices get lower?

prices will always get lower (barring something stupid like price fixing or flooding of most of the world's suppliers). Do you want it now? Get it. Unless you know that DDR4 will hit the shelves within the next month or two. I don't think that kind of detail has been released yet.... or has it?

I just got a Thinkpad T440s and also got some 1.35v DDR3 1600 and that's all she wrote. I tend to not stress RAM timings and all that stuff as I never saw it making any real world difference.

There is several percent (therefore, disproportional to price) difference for memory intensive workloads, even some games. Therefore, go for 1600 and be done with it.