Time travel humans = aliens?

Sub

If time travel existed, someone would have already come back from the future to tell us. :whistle:

ProfessorX

i think time traveling from present to the future is possible but from present or future to past im not sure.

for example if a person from future does travels back into the past then does something that means there has to be some refrence of him/her in history and if a person can do that then many many ppl from the future might be doing it now and then. and if thats true then many events could have been stopped from even happening so that means we should be living in perfect times. we could have gained so much information from the future to advance already advanced stuff which will make things more advanced than they had before. and since no matter can be added or removed from the universe then timetraveling is not possible at all. im not sure if im making sense to any of u but that my thing on time traveling. weird

Simon-
IF he was younger, that would mean he traveled back in time. And how exactly did they mesure this?

it's true, like if you fly concord.

you have 2 (or even 50 if you want to be more accurate) precise watches, you keep one(or half) at the base and take the other one(or half) with you, and then you compare them when you get back

Samoa
but if you look at the pics above, (not trying to be racist) the eyes are widish and i see a simularity

I think you are missing the point that the picture shows the "alien" with it's eyes closed, most other pictures show them open, and very big. Slant eyed doesn't play a part here. that is stretching things a bit, and is offensive...

Simon-

maybe timetravelling backwards has like a "read-only" attribute on it, where you can't change anything. or maybe the people that go back are just supa careful not to let it be known they are from the future, maybe there are parallel realities like in back to the future how the scientist guy draws a diagram on the board how it works

just ideas

samoa: yah i think i got a bit too carried away there :D

AQUaDeX

well I don't know much about time travelling but, if time travelling is possible or will be possible, why we haven't seen anyone from future come back in time to see us, their ancestors, yet?

Samoa
well I don't know much about time travelling but, if time travelling is possible or will be possible, why we haven't seen anyone from future come back in time to see us, their ancestors, yet?

I don't care about time travel so much as how to stop the aging process, so we can live young all our lives. (Y)

noll3095
IF he was younger, that would mean he traveled back in time. And how exactly did they mesure this?

No he is younger by traveling into the future. If I traveled 5 days into the past then I would be 5 days older than everyone else, and versa vice.

Sergei Avdeyev traveled into the future by spending 748 days on Mir traveling at a faster speed relative to Earth. It is measured using Einstein's Theory of Relativity. You can search Google and find out exactly how.

John

time travel is indeed possible and we all do it every day. whenever we are moving, we are travelling through time (virtually always). what quickreply said about the watches and the concorde is true. back in the 60s or something, a bunch of scientists took two very precise clocks, put one on an airplane, and flew it around for a few hours. when they checked the clocks afterwards, the clocks were indeed reading different times. now, mind you, the total time change was a small fraction of a millisecond or so, but there was a difference.

also, whoever talked about the cosmonaut (spelling?) being further ahead in time than us is true also. a russian was on the mir space station for something like 8-10 months (moving at ~26,000 mi/hour) and when he came back to earth, he was like a 20th or a 50th of a second in the "future" compared to the people at the space center. it's not travelling backwards in time, but to make it easier to understand, if the times were exaggerated, the cosmonaut would have thought he was gone for like 4 months, but the people on the ground would think he'd been gone for 7 months. (remember, this is VERY exaggerated, things like this are measured in thousanths of a second)

John

it might be impossible to travel backwards in time, we don't know. we DO know however, that it is possible to move forwards in time...

Samoa
No he is younger by traveling into the future. If I traveled 5 days into the past then I would be 5 days older than everyone else, and versa vice.

Sergei Avdeyev traveled into the future by spending 748 days on Mir traveling at a faster speed relative to Earth. It is measured using Einstein's Theory of Relativity. You can search Google and find out exactly how.

You are right, by travelling you are displacing time. Although, for most of us it is so infinitesimally insignificant to matter. But it is possible what is being described. Just so insignificant, and theoretical that is doesn't matter. If you were to jump just five minutes into the future, and not to return back, it wouldn't make much difference on your age.

Gary_Player

Pretty neat theory, you didnt explain the big wierd eyes though...I think its so that they can stare at their computer screens for long periods of time, absorb more detail, and count their framerate without any draw_fps 1 type commands :D

Hum

:rolleyes: You should remember that Present day Science makes a lot of false assumptions. The Speed-of-Light is NOT the limit, for instance. If you think this is far-fetched, think of 100 years ago and the possibility of us traveling to the moon. Much of today's Science would be 'impossible' back then. Science will greatly change it's views 100 years from now.

And not all aliens are the same as us; there are as many as 18 different types known to the US Government -- from human to very bizzare in appearance. Some aliens are hostile, some just watching, and some are trying to help us. Some aliens do come from a 'Future' but not all.

The Earth is a combination of learning center, experiment, and Library containing vast amounts of information. (One reason aliens are interested in Earth) Because humans are in a learning process, interference is very limited -- not allowed. Time travelers and aliens are not going to jump out and say, 'we're here' in an open way for 2 reasons.

Things happen, discoveries, inventions have their own 'time'; a point where they are needed and are accepted. We must be ready for them. Humans are working through various Belief Systems, and open world-wide contact would shatter those. We are slowly being made aware of the other life-forms in the Universe. Religions and economic systems could collapse, for example, if the truth were to come out suddenly.

Secondly, humans are meant to learn certain lessons here on Earth, and we would not learn those lessons if advanced beings simply stepped in and solved everything for us. There are higher Forces watching over the Earth, preventing 'aliens' and would-be Time travelers from going too far. Discoveries will only come to those spiritually advanced enough to handle them.

We are seemingly alone because we are meant to Learn, and the time is not quite right to understand all that is really going on. It is best for you to believe in Peace and know that the Universe is Safe. :happy:

Notum

Oh my god!

Seriously Hum.... that's the kind of talk that will lead to you lying dead on a bed, dressed in your new sneakers and covered with a triangular blanket. I hope that it doesn't come to that. Belief is a great thing.... when not taken to extremes.

No offence.

Simon-

it might sound like Hum is talking absolute BS.................. But he's probably right about lettting things take their course (him knowing about 18 different types of aliens is creepy though) (Y).

Toxicfume

Ever considered the possibility that they have come here...but don't want to tell us? And maybe that's exactly what this thread is tryingto say, we have visitors from the future, but they'er not letting us know?

Samoa: Well, in terms of evolution, the aliens could have bigger eyes so that they can perceive more visual information, since that is where we all have headed toawrds, we rely quite a lot on visual sensory perception.

Rib Feast

I couldn't be bothered reading all the posts - however I must chime in my own thoughts.

The key with evolution is genetic mutations that are passed through the genes in offspring.

Evolution itself is a byproduct of natural selection - a trait or feature of an animal in the wild that helps it survive will, over time, be more prevalent in the species as the successful genes survive and get passed on.

Humans now have the luxury of not having to have traits determine their survival rate, and thus we breed and intermingle, and no pattern prevails - we simply mix.

Having said that dominant genes will replace many double recessive genes - so over time very white people and very black people will be rarer, as will blonde hair and blue eyes - at some point blondes will rump their hump with a brunette and their offspring will have a slightly darker head of hair - now run the generations 200 times into the future - true blondes will be a rare thing (assuming genetic tinkering is left out of the picture).

People always think of evolution as something out of x-men, something that occurs after birth. The truth is all the magic is pre-natal - genes determine traits, and should they provide an advantage in the wild, statistics will see to it that those with the successful genes will more likely mate and have offspring that will mate.

gstevie88

look if we masterd time travel in the future then there is no way that anyone would come back and tell us because we are not ready for that, its called a paradox and those can give u a sore head just trying to work them out. if a guy from the future came back and told his family then that would make history for the future guy change and thats just is not right coz a slight change could mean that he was never born or that he has 8 sisters or that his mother or father get killed, die suddenly or just say ah what the hell il take drugs il just time travel back and stop my self later then that could cause a big problem coz say in the future he is in re-hab and the woman lookin after him falls in love with him and they have an other son, he could be the man that will invent tackyion (spelling) travel, and if the dad stops taking drugs before he does then that son may never be born! i think that the day the first man says that iv made time travel possible and when he goes to turn it on at that moment someone from the future will appear and kill him and desrtoy the time machine so that it can never happen.

Rib Feast

Speed of light never claims to be the fastest - tachyons are known to travel faster than light.

The key is picture a car that wants to go faster - you make the engine bigger and faster it goes. Well the speed of light is the point where if you add more engine capacity you will weigh it down to the point where you require even more engine capacity just to go as fast as before with the smaller engine - you require more power than possibly yieldable from any mass - thus you require infinite mass.

Wormholes would be the likely loophole. Or gravitational bubbles in space-time, or even entanglement to send information that can "fax" an atomic copy of ourselves to an already established waypoint, and destroy the original atomic makeup of ourselves.

I'm sure things will be figured out. Going faster ultimately isn't the answer - you are slowed by relativity. The answer is to make the distance shorter.

Toxicfume
I don't care about time travel so much as how to stop the aging process, so we can live young all our lives. (Y)

And who knows..we may have to rely on the idea of time travel to achieve the halt in the aging process.

nwBen

Well, my thoughts on time travel are that since it's technically impossible to teleport, it's most probobly impossible to time travel too

nomis_nehc

sorry boys, I probably would've agreed with the arguements but after this semester's college work, I would have to disagree. After having a conversation with my anthropology professor, I learned that in the last 50 years, the human brain size/cranial capacity has actually decreased in size. One of the possible reason could be that we're not using all of its capacity and evolution is taking its course. Secondly, our head can never be as big as the pictured aliens because it would make make pregnancy difficult and birth-process impossible unless surgery is performed. Lastly, as much as I would like time travelling to be possible, I don't think it will ever happen because the building blocks, the atoms and molecules within us simply cannot sustain the great energy required by a "time machine."

gstevie88
Speed of light never claims to be the fastest - tachyons are known to travel faster than light.

Well how do u know that tachyons exsist, because we cannot prove that they do they are theoretical and it is only theoretical that thay are faster than light we have never seen a tachyons and so cant know if they are faster than light.

and to go at the speed of light we will have to travel on light we cant just make a engine bigger or anything like that even an ion drive if that for example is full of propane gas then the drive can only go as fast as the propane gas can be shaken up how hot we get it and that means that its no light so the only way to travel at light speed is by using light and to go faster we will have to prove that tachyons exsist and that they travel at faster at light speed. and how will we get them if they move faster than the fastest thing that we can prove to exsist.

The only real way to safely travel at light speed, is to go into subspace, or fold space to do it safely, becase if one wee bit of dust hits you in space while you are going at light speed is the same as you standing still and it hitting you at light speed so it would destroy you before you knew what hit you.

time travel is not possible the now because just think about it, if we go back in time we will go back to where the earth was at that time because we move at 65 thousand miles a second so to go back 5 min u would really appear where the earth was in space 5 min a go. and its is more likley that we get time travel to the past more than to the future and no we dont know that we can go forward, u want to go to somewhere that has not been yet?

Simon-

but we don't know what a "time machine." requires ;)

reactionary007

88 mph... thats the key...