Time travel humans = aliens?

YaZoR    0

isn't it like:

The faster you go, the slower time goes?

Hence the clocks on a fast moving plane go slower than the stationary ones on the ground.

The present always is. The past never was, it is only memories in your brain. Time isn't an object as such which you can move to past/future instances. You are here, now. Never infront, nor behind anytime.

thats how i perceive it anyway.

TranceSphere    0
it's technically impossible to teleport

You are wrong.

We have not even completely mastered quantum physics yet, so how the hell can u say its technically impossible. Its already been done with light (lasers).

Sure it might be impossible now, but u cant say that it will be impossible in the future.

CrimsonBlur    0
Well how do u know that tachyons exsist, because we cannot prove that they do they are theoretical and it is only theoretical that thay are faster than light we have never seen a tachyons and so cant know if they are faster than light.

and to go at the speed of light we will have to travel on light we cant just make a engine bigger or anything like that even an ion drive if that for example is full of propane gas then the drive can only go as fast as the propane gas can be shaken up how hot we get it and that means that its no light so the only way to travel at light speed is by using light and to go faster we will have to prove that tachyons exsist and that they travel at faster at light speed. and how will we get them if they move faster than the fastest thing that we can prove to exsist.

The only real way to safely travel at light speed, is to go into subspace, or fold space to do it safely, becase if one wee bit of dust hits you in space while you are going at light speed is the same as you standing still and it hitting you at light speed so it would destroy you before you knew what hit you.

time travel is not possible the now because just think about it, if we go back in time we will go back to where the earth was at that time because we move at 65 thousand miles a second so to go back 5 min u would really appear where the earth was in space 5 min a go. and its is more likley that we get time travel to the past more than to the future and no we dont know that we can go forward, u want to go to somewhere that has not been yet?

Ion drives just accelerate ions for propulsion, they wouldn't get you anywhere near the speed of light. Using a giant solar sail in space would probably get you closer to the speed of light than an ion drove would (but take waaaaaaayyyyy too long to do so).

How about this for you though: just because light isn't there or isn't there yet, doesn't mean the object isn't there, or that something hasn't happened. Take sound, for instance. If you yell, it takes time to hear it, that doesn't mean you haven't yelled yet. You don't actually percieve ANYTHING in real time anyway. Everything takes some amount of time to be processed by our brain. Now, I know what you are going to say, if you know your theories well enough: it could not have happened yet, because nothing normally travels faster than light. So I'll take that into account and say that time dilation goes into effect at this point, and it wouldn't be that you are travelling into the future, you would not see things that haven't happened yet, or see nothing at all. Everything around you would just not be happening as "quickly" as things are happening for you at light speed or faster. So, you would still get to events you have not seen, but instead of them taking the 5 seconds to happen for you, they took more like 5 years for the people it happened to that were not travelling at your speed. This is why faster-than-light travel is basically useless to us; time dilation would be a complete bitch to deal with. Even if it is possible, it wouldn't be very useful in normal situations, like just trying to travel from planet to planet. I think, to travel long distances, the only really useful technique is the collapse of spacetime: joining two points into one.

What you are describing with light doesn't really fit the issue of not being able to have time travel or not being able to travel at light speed. Time dilation is an interesting subject, but I do not think that the speed of light = the speed of time. I think the speed of light gives us an insight as to how "time" functions, ie: speed of observer(s) affects passage of time, but that's not the last word by any means, it's still just a theory; we don't know why it happens.

If you can collapse space in on itself and create instantanious passage through space, why could you not do the same with time, since, theoretically, they are linked? For instance, when you take two points in space and make them meet one another when normally they are not, the travel time between them is null. That sounds obvious, I know. But I think it could work both ways, you know? We just can't grasp a way to link two periods of time together because our entire existance is based on a linear time model so we can function normally. I'm not saying we can't figure it out, just that it will be way, way harder. Spacial relationships are much easier to figure out for us than time dilation and time travel.

Now, it is early in the morning, and I know there are some holes in my statements, but I don't feel like going back and explaining everything I say in full detail, this post would be 800 pages of text. But I'm just laying some basic ideas out there for people to read and comment on.

[edit] I've added some things now so the sequence of my thoughts and ideas is all jumbled around, but if you read it all and put it together it will make sense. Wether it is correct is another story, heh [/edit]

Edited by CrimsonBlur
YaZoR    0

think someone will correct me here, but here goes:

didn't einstein once say something like "you can travel faster then the speed of light, but it's impossible to travel AT the speed of light". hence looking at a graph of acceleration to travel faster than light you at one point travel at the speed of light (which he claimed is impossible). hence making time travel impossible.

im sure thats right, i heard it some where, probably from a movie and it's total bollox. lol. nevermind

Simon-    492

think of the universe as a flat piece of paper, you fold it over so there are two "layers"

now pierce a hole through both "layers" and sticky the edge of each hole to the edge of the other so they align

congratulations, you've just made a model wormhole, you put the lego spaceman through the hole and he travels in time on the model

(in theory :blink:)

nwBen    0

It is impossible to teleport because at the destination, all the pieces of the teleported object would be messed up.

CrimsonBlur    0
It is impossible to teleport because at the destination, all the pieces of the teleported object would be messed up.

Not if you had a memory bank that could store the exact blueprint of every molecule of the structure and a machine that would somehow create said model in exact detail. The concept of the teleporter in Star Trek is basically correct, they just forget to mention that when you are first "beamed" you are annihilated, hehe. Then reconstructed on the other end. That does happen on Trek, and it is obvious in the way they describe the buffers, but they just don't really say that the people are killed when they start the process.

The problem with teleportation is when you believe a person has a "soul". If we do, how could you duplicate a person using purely logical data and then reconstruct them with their "soul" as well?

[edit] by the way, what the heck are you replying to here? Was someone talking about teleportation and you just forgot to quote the post? [/edit]

CrimsonBlur    0
sorry boys, I probably would've agreed with the arguements but after this semester's college work, I would have to disagree. After having a conversation with my anthropology professor, I learned that in the last 50 years, the human brain size/cranial capacity has actually decreased in size. One of the possible reason could be that we're not using all of its capacity and evolution is taking its course. Secondly, our head can never be as big as the pictured aliens because it would make make pregnancy difficult and birth-process impossible unless surgery is performed. Lastly, as much as I would like time travelling to be possible, I don't think it will ever happen because the building blocks, the atoms and molecules within us simply cannot sustain the great energy required by a "time machine."

What if, in the future, we genetically alter ourselves to make the useful parts of our brain gigantic, because we find out that will make us smarter and have much better telekenetic powers? We just don't know. Maybe they ARE us severely genetically altered beyond recognition, coming back to tell us NOT to do it!

Mango    7

This was written by the controversial time traveler known only as John Titor. He claimed he was a time traveler from 2036 and explained in great detail on how time travel works, and how this sort of thing is not too far away as research on particle acceleration has commenced at CERN - The world's largest particle physics laboratory.

ACCELERATION = TIME DIALATION

Acceleration will produce time dilation. This can be observed by the ?twins paradox?. As one twin stays on Earth, the other twin in his accelerating spaceship experiences a slower passing of time. When he returns to Earth, he is noticeably younger than his twin who aged normally in Earth time. This type of "time travel" (should have been proven already on this worldline) with atomic clock experiments. With sufficient power, this type of time travel will only provide practical displacement in a future direction. This type of time travel is also isolated to a single worldline. You will not meet yourself.

GRAVITY = ACCELERATION

As Einstein pointed out with his STR, the effects of gravity and acceleration are the same. Therefore, you will experience the same time travel effects in the twin paradox by being close to a large gravity source. In the atomic clock experiments mentioned above, the reason there was a difference in time was not because the clock in the plane was moving, it was because the clock in the well was closer to the center of the Earth. Constant speed is not acceleration.

LARGE GRAVITY = STATIC BLACK HOLE

The next step is to find a large gravity source to use in your time machine. Static black holes provide this type of power. As one twin approaches the event horizon or edge of the black hole, the other twin will watch him as he appears to slow down. He will notice his twin?s watch run slower until it stops at the event horizon. The twin moving toward the horizon will notice none of this and see his watch running just fine. Although possible, a trip into a static black hole will not take you to another worldline and it?s one-way. The force of gravity will crush you.

ROTATING BLACK HOLE = DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY

Fortunately, most black holes are not static. They spin. Spinning black holes are often referred to as Kerr black holes. A Kerr black hole has two interesting properties. One, they have two event horizons and two, the singularity is not a point, it looks more like a donut. These odd properties also have a pronounced affect on the black hole?s gravity. There are vectors where you can approach the singularity without being crushed by gravity. (For those interested in seeing a graphic of a photon trip through a Kerr black hole, try here) http://qso.lanl.gov/~bromley/nu_nofun.html

DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY = PASSAGE INTO ALTERNATE WORLDLINE

Another other more interesting result of passing through a donut singularity is that you travel through time by passing into another universe or worldline. Please see Penrose diagrams for Kerr Black holes or you can examine the calculations of Frank Tipler.

So now the problem becomes . . . where do we find a donut-shaped singularity?

A PONDERING HAWKING = MICROSINGULARITY

Steven Hawking proposed the existence of microsingularities that were created in the big bang. They were probably about the size of a proton and disappeared over the years due to an effect of radiation evaporation. (Yes, black holes do emit energy.)

HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS = ARTIFICIAL MICROSINGULARITY

When I first started posting online a few months ago, I said that major breakthroughs in particle physics were around your corner. Soon, CERN will bring their big machine on line and they will be smashing very fast and high-energy particles together. One of the more odd and potentially dangerous items produced from this incease in energy will be microsingularities a fraction of the size of an electron. (for those who would like to follow the developments at CERN) http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html

ARTIFICIAL MICROSINGULARITY = LOCALIZED KERR FIELD

Through trial and error, and although they are quite heavy, hot and capable of putting out a great deal of energy (300 - 500 megawatts), it's discovered that these microsingularities can be electrified and captured. It is also interesting to note at this point that electrified singularities also have two event horizons. By spinning these various microsingularities, a localized Kerr field is created.

LOCALIZED KERR FIELD = TIPLER SINUSOID

By using two microsingularites in close proximity to each other, it is possible to create, manipulate and alter the Kerr fields to create a Tipler gravity sinusoid. This field can be adjusted, rotated and moved in order to simulate the movement of mass through a donut-shaped singularity and into an alternate world line. Thus, safe time travel.

dougkinzinger    0

I remember reading about that guy in high school. I think he's mental.

gstevie88    0

did you know that stephen hawking the smartest man alive once wouldent make a bet on time travel happening with a man and his reason was that he may have been from the future and may be trying to fool me. and that is what he said

dougkinzinger    0

Did you know that Steven Hawking, even though his body is riddled with paralysis, still manages to use punctuation when he writes?

bluebsh    0

time travel is possible... I'm doing it right now... oh there i go again... and again... each second i travel through time :p

AdmiralRooster    0

I can explain why the aliens crashed as Roswell.

Lets Say they are from the future, our future. They are us, we are them.

In the future, Microsoft is a Global Household name.

You see where I'm going with this.

dougkinzinger    0
time travel is possible... I'm doing it right now... oh there i go again... and again... each second i travel through time :p

lol!

shrike    0
I can explain why the aliens crashed as Roswell.

Lets Say they are from the future, our future. They are us, we are them.

In the future, Microsoft is a Global Household name.

You see where I'm going with this.

haha.. i was thinking that at the start of this whole thread... surprised nobody else said it

+chorpeac    30

Farfetched, but the more I think about it the more I can see a truth to it

YaZoR    0
I remember reading about that guy in high school. I think he's mental.

your probably right, but since i'm no physisist, its interesting to read i find.

Simon-    492

what Mango said half makes sense to me because i've briefly learned quantem physics :p

Did you know that Steven Hawking, even though his body is riddled with paralysis, still manages to use punctuation when he writes?

lol! I'm normally against insults on spelling/grammar, but that's just too funny :rofl:

dougkinzinger    0

LOL, yeah, perhaps I was a little harsh..... ;)

SimplyPotatoes    1
LOL, yeah, perhaps I was a little harsh..... ;)

nah doug your always right on :D

DirtyLarry    2,097

i have actually thought this since my physics class way back in college, as i was reading hawking and the like at the time... i didn't read everything in detail this guy had to say but im with him 100%, as we don?t really know and its just more fun to believe this. I also learned a theory called the ?anthropic principle? which I wont go into detail here bu5t basically if there are other species from other planets the likelihood they look anything like us is slim to none.

My contributions to the theory of why aliens are humans from the future...

1) Big Heads - Theory Of Evolution, - Exactly as he said. our brains evolved because we wind up using more than 10% of them (we use under that percentage now), and the brain is indeed a muscle so big heads equal = smarter humans.

2) White Skin - Theory Of Evolution - Along the lines of being skinny kinda, but we wound up destroying most natural resources including the ozone layer, forcing us to move under ground. Thus no exposure to sunlight equals no skin color which = pale white skin.

3) Long Fingers (the skinny theory) - Theory Of Evolution - What are you using right now to look at this post? What do you use to type when you command the computer? What happens when computers truly do take over? So long fingers that are used for rapid paced typing you and me can only imagine.

4) "Probe" Stories - Aliens from the future, who are humans, studying themselves from the past without affecting their future. Possibly to alter evolution even more? Just to simply get a laugh?

So that?s it. I think if there are indeed aliens this is the most logical explanation so far as to why. My class was over 7 years ago now, so I know im missing some stuff, but you get my idea...

nanackle    0
possible, but time travel is so far fetched, i would love to time travel

we were never monkeys