Time travel humans = aliens?

kairon    0

Or we could evolve like in H.G Well's "Time Travel" book, with one race living underground and the other living above ground, getting eaten by the underground dwellers, lol. Now that I think about it, it does seem to be a very good theory that aliens could be us from the future.

DirtyLarry    2,097
we were never monkeys

i forgot we are actually made of the same "divine dust" that the easter bunny and santa and his elves (just to name a few) are made of... :shifty:

bkellner    0

So you're telling me that time-travel is any more likely to occur than life on another planet that evolves near the same path as humans? There was water on Mars, and tiny lifeforms, and that's keeping in our solar system. Who knows how many other planets would have water, or life, on a universal scale. Evolution does play a big part in all life. But since most/all aliens look the same it's safe to say that they clone, thus their evolution would probaby of halted around the same time they started intersteller space flight.

Big heads - Brain size is not a factor of intelligence, many animals with similar size brains vary in intelligence. And we're not sure why we only use ~10% of our brain. Though one thing is for sure-these aliens are most likely telepathic, or use some kind of frequency/click based communication.

White skin? I thought it was grey. If they are from another planet, we'd have to know the distance they would be away from the sun. And they don't even have to be a carbon based lifeform. They might not need a sun at all, or water even. I don't think the skin coloration is as you say, considering the time amounted to have space flight, they'd have to of been out of ground for some time. Sunburn, anyone?

Long fingers... Though this sounds semi-sexual to me, I'd think the same as you. Only they probably didn't evolve on keyboards. Maybe chinese food? Their long, slim hands would make it hard for them to phycially build anything, at least with human tools. They probably have tools specially made for their handtype.

Big eyes, the better to see you with! These probably are for looking at screens all day, or different lights. Bright, or dim. Light, light, light, or no light at all! But since everyone sees bright light, maybe light?

Probe? First off, if there are aliens with time/space travel they would not need probes to monitor humans. Multiple abductions would work just fine, and would better fit the majority of stories. This was probably some paranoid attempt to gain publicity. The most we can go with unnatural objects probably be tracking devices. But since we have never found proof of any of this, we can safely say "no" to unnatural objects. Unless it's invisible or undetectable by us.

DaNIsH    0
So you're telling me that time-travel is any more likely to occur than life on another planet that evolves near the same path as humans? There was water on Mars, and tiny lifeforms, 1. and that's keeping in our solar system. Who knows how many other planets would have water, or life, on a universal scale. Evolution does play a big part in all life. But since most/all aliens look the same it's safe to say that they clone, thus their evolution would probaby of halted around the same time they started intersteller space flight.

2. Big heads - Brain size is not a factor of intelligence, many animals with similar size brains vary in intelligence. And we're not sure why we only use ~10% of our brain. Though one thing is for sure-these aliens are most likely telepathic, or use some kind of frequency/click based communication.

1. I totally agree, the universe is supposevly infinite, I dont see why you'd come to the conclusion of time travel when its so much more likely that 'aliens' are actual life forms from another galaxy.

2. I don't see how anything is 'for sure' when you're talking about something that hasn't been proven to exist yet. But the way I see it they would just have their own language. Click/frequency based, who knows. I dont see why everyone jumps to telepathy?

DirtyLarry    2,097
Big eyes, the better to see you with! These probably are for looking at screens all day, or different lights. Bright, or dim. Light, light, light, or no light at all! But since everyone sees bright light, maybe light?

actually you reminded me of the eyes, big eyes yes, similar to a feline to adapt to the fact we are underground and in darkness without man made lighting all of the time among other reasons.... :D

and if you read my post besides the point i said the reason i believe this theory is because its fun to and actually the most logical to me...

and i never once dismissed the fact there could be life forms from other planets, all i said was the likelihood of them looking like us is slim to none based on the anthropic principle....

"The anthropic cosmological principle asserts that the laws, constants and basic structure of the universe are not completely arbitrary. Instead they are contrained by the requirement that they must allow for the existence of intelligent observers, ourselves."

that quote is from a website above... basically to break it down into more understandable terms we exist on this planet earth because all of the conditions (oxygen, hydrogen, etc, etc etc.) are perfect for us to exist as humans. 1 degree off for any main element and we very well may not be here... now using this same principle, other planets do not have the same "elemental makeup" that earth does. ... there can be and probably are life forms that have evolved in a unique "elemental makeup" of other planets, so it is safe to say that other life forms do indeed exist. however they could be gas based and we might just see them and dismiss them as a "cloud," when they are actually a life form...

it is all just mere speculation but again from my readings and such it makes the most sense...

thats why we are all here and are humans, we each have our own opinion which is what makes us great...

Simon-    492
This was written by the controversial time traveler known only as John Titor. He claimed he was a time traveler from 2036 and explained in great detail on how time travel works,

Holy ****, I totally believe that guy.

In December 2000 he said:

Does the current relationship between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war?

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

He also mentions war (US civil war 2005, wwIII 2015 w/russia) in North America, Asia & Europe. I hope Australia is safe :whistle:

Obraxis    1

Its quite possible that the 'Grays' are another species from the future....from Earth. Its quite possible the human race will kill itself off. Imagine if another species evolved after us....and traveled back in time to see us after finding our bones, like the dino's. Now THAT would be cool. :woot:

danshome    0

That's not actually what the anthropic principle means. All it says it that for a theory abuot theuniverse to be true, it must take into account that we exist. So, for example, a theory that suggests that the universe was destroyed after 2 minutes is clearly nonsense, beacuse we are here to observe that it didn't.

However, the basic anthropic principle can be turned into two arguments (the "weak" and "strong" principles). The weak anthropic principle says that the laws of the universe are of a specific design such that we exist here - if they were anything else, we would not exist. This is the exact opposite of DirtyLarry's explanation as the weak principle does not allow for any situation that produces life other than we currently see it (i.e. it states that aliens cannot exist). This narrowness of scope is often one of its biggest criticisms, as there is no evidence to suggest that either point of view is correct. The strong anthropic principle suggests that the laws of the universe exist so that life must exist at some point - obviously, much more loose in interpretation, but also impossible to validate by any scientific means since it is essentially a truism (we exist ergo the laws of the universe are designed solely for this eventuality - the statement can never be proved false as the testable condition is always satisfied).

That probably doesn't clear anything up, but it's a more correct explanation. There's always the view of the Anthropic Principle taken by most lectures in Anthropics - that the Universe exists solely so that at some point there will be a lecturer in Anthropics and that you're going to buy him a pint... :D

DirtyLarry    2,097
That's not actually what the anthropic principle means. All it says it that for a theory abuot theuniverse to be true, it must take into account that we exist. So, for example, a theory that suggests that the universe was destroyed after 2 minutes is clearly nonsense, beacuse we are here to observe that it didn't.

However, the basic anthropic principle can be turned into two arguments (the "weak" and "strong" principles). The weak anthropic principle says that the laws of the universe are of a specific design such that we exist here - if they were anything else, we would not exist. This is the exact opposite of DirtyLarry's explanation as the weak principle does not allow for any situation that produces life other than we currently see it (i.e. it states that aliens cannot exist). This narrowness of scope is often one of its biggest criticisms, as there is no evidence to suggest that either point of view is correct. The strong anthropic principle suggests that the laws of the universe exist so that life must exist at some point - obviously, much more loose in interpretation, but also impossible to validate by any scientific means since it is essentially a truism (we exist ergo the laws of the universe are designed solely for this eventuality - the statement can never be proved false as the testable condition is always satisfied).

That probably doesn't clear anything up, but it's a more correct explanation. There's always the view of the Anthropic Principle taken by most lectures in Anthropics - that the Universe exists solely so that at some point there will be a lecturer in Anthropics and that you're going to buy him a pint... :D

haha like i said the class was over 7 years ago so it looks like i got my theories messed up... i meant the strong principle i guess... thats why i love neowin... i can find the latest drivers for my gpu and also go back to school all in 10 minutes if i so choose... thanks for clearing that up danshome (Y)

danshome    0
haha like i said the class was over 7 years ago so it looks like i got my theories messed up... i meant the strong principle i guess... thats why i love neowin... i can find the latest drivers for my gpu and also go back to school all in 10 minutes if i so choose... thanks for clearing that up danshome (Y)

np! Glad to help! :D I just have this thing about people mis-quoting perfectly reasonable theories (like when people horribly mangle the laws of thermodynamics!). I know I shouldn't, but then I also get nervous twitches when I see badly placed apostrophes, so I guess I'm just (ever-so-slightly) overly pedantic.

Mango    7
I hope Australia is safe

"Australia is sort of interesting in what is unknown. After the war, they were not very cooperative or friendly (can?t blame them really). It is known they did repulse a Chinese invasion and most of their cities were hit. They have a trading relationship with the U.S. but I would characterize them as reclusive and ticked off."

Woohooo!!:laugh:h:

Got3n    39

im loo lazy to read all these pages but there is a thing that i heard..lets see how to explain it.

Time travel in todays time(kind of) - This has been done before.

-Two atomic closks set at the exact same time, down to the nano second.

-1 clock stays stationary and put the other one on a really fast plane(concord), fly the plane as fast as possible for as long as possible.

-in the end bring the 2 clock together and you will see that the one on the plane is small amount of time behind the other, now there was nothing wrong with it. the clock was fine.

See what happens is that the closer you get to the speed of light, time slows down. Time is relative, relative to where you are. :rofl: man i dizzy, there is more to it i can explain if interested.

Samoa    0
Holy ****, I totally believe that guy.

In December 2000 he said:

Does the current relationship between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war?

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

He also mentions war (US civil war 2005, wwIII 2015 w/russia) in North America, Asia & Europe. I hope Australia is safe :whistle:

I for one don't see Civil War in the US happening again. It is clearly possible that Arab nations supporting terrorism might attack Isreal all out at this point, given the state of the US military at present. If that guy is a time traveller, let's hear how he does it.

Got3n    39

Lets say he was a time traveler, you know the prime directive is that they can not tell you the future. that would change the future. then he would not exist here today.

SimplyPotatoes    1

goten ill tell you a secret...im a time traveler...shhhhhh

afk starting wars

Samoa    0
Lets say he was a time traveler, you know the prime directive is that they can not tell you the future. that would change the future. then he would not exist here today.

That primedirctive is for Space exploration... :rolleyes:

Simplypotatoes, we are all time travellers...shhhhh

QuarterSwede    0
I couldn't be bothered reading all the posts - however I must chime in my own thoughts.

The key with evolution is genetic mutations that are passed through the genes in offspring.

Evolution itself is a byproduct of natural selection -? a trait or feature of an animal in the wild that helps it survive will, over time, be more prevalent in the species as the successful genes survive and get passed on.

Humans now have the luxury of not having to have traits determine their survival rate, and thus we breed and intermingle, and no pattern prevails - we simply mix.

Having said that dominant genes will replace many double recessive genes - so over time very white people and very black people will be rarer, as will blonde hair and blue eyes - at some point blondes will rump their hump with a brunette and their offspring will have a slightly darker head of hair - now run the generations 200 times into the future - true blondes will be a rare thing (assuming genetic tinkering is left out of the picture).

People always think of evolution as something out of x-men, something that occurs after birth. The truth is all the magic is pre-natal - genes determine traits, and should they provide an advantage in the wild, statistics will see to it that those with the successful genes will more likely mate and have offspring that will mate.

I haven't read all the posts yet but this guy isSPOT on>.

My thoughts:

Time travel doesn't exist because time itself doesn't exist. Time is something humans have come up with because we see everything aging, etc when time really doesn't pass. We just preceive something as passing so we gave a name to it. We think of "time" as linear when it really doesn't exist in the first place.

Think of it this way, everything that has happened, is happeing, and is going to happen ... is happening all at the same moment (for the lack of a better word). This makes a lot more sense if you believe in God. If God exists at all times (past, present and future) then time itself really doesn't exist. God created a world in which humans preceive mostly everything in a linear way. We make a clay pot, the pot sits for a while, the pot accidently breaks. God knew we would create a pot, it would sit for a while and then eventually break. He knows this because He exists at all times. On the other hand, we can only see the present, remember the past and imagine the future. It's just how he made things. The more I read the Bible the more life and things just make sense. You all should really give it a read.

Edited by Jstphish
insurektion    0
Well, my thoughts on time travel are that since it's technically impossible to teleport, it's most probobly impossible to time travel too

you my friend must not of heard about the philidelphia expirment google it and you will find many interesting sites ( btw i mean google it in a non-negative way) :)

QuarterSwede    0

Oh and I love the huge zipper on one of the aliens' suits. I suppose they could've come up with something that worked better in the future! HAHAHA!

HellBender    0
lots of lasers in a spiral like configuration... dunno... was doing my math homework, not really paying attention ;p

There's a theory that if you get a semi-flat object about the size of the sun, and you're on the edge of it, and you spin it at the speed of light, you go back into time.

No idea how it works, but i saw it on TV too.

Samoa    0
There's a theory that if you get a semi-flat object about the size of the sun, and you're on the edge of it, and you spin it at the speed of light, you go back into time.

No idea how it works, but i saw it on TV too.

Yeah, and Krypton is real too. ;)

HellBender    0
Yeah, and Krypton is real too. ;)

Of course it is. Don't you ever watch Smallville? :laugh:

YaZoR    0

Nah, you gotta jump backwards through the rear window of a T-reg Vauxhall Viva travelling at 25mph North, within 5 miles of Torquay. Then shout the word "wibble" just before you hit the ground looking west, and you will come to a time select screen, like the level select from Sonic the Hedghog 1 on Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

AshMan    0
you my friend must not of heard about the philidelphia expirment google it and you will find many interesting sites ( btw i mean google it in a non-negative way) :)

Yeah, just need to invent that Heisenberg compensator ;)

AshMan    0
Time travel doesn't exist because time itself doesn't exist. Time is something humans have come up with because we see everything aging, etc when time really doesn't pass. We just preceive something as passing so we gave a name to it. We think of "time" as linear when it really doesn't exist in the first place.

Wrong!, Time does exist, it's one of th basic dimentions. and in fact we all travle through (or rather along) time. Get yourself a copy of Teach Yourself Basic Science in 21 Days.