Time travel humans = aliens?

syphern

well most of u guys seem to be arguing the theory of time travel, what my point was (as DirtyLarry tried to expand on) what other explanations can u guys give to the fact that the aliens we conjure up nowdays always look the the traditional type? what i mean is you know the big head skinny body image of a alien, well what made a human (if they did make it up) present it that way. and even if they are from outer space, what makes you think they will have eyes? because in their home planet they could "see" by sounds? what makes you think they have 2 eyes? you guys know what im saying? (watch the movie pitch black - prime example of seeing with sound, and even if they have eyes why not 1 or 3 or 4, why exactly 2). the theory i presented makes sense because now only does it account for the things i mentioned above but evolution states that these things can happen.

yes maybe the sun died in the year 130000 but that doesnt mean humans could not have moved to another planet? if they are looking for life on mars now what makes you think they wont go out to search for life on other planets (thus giving good conditions for humans to survive). do you guys really think mankind would give up its existence with one sun dying? lol hell no! when a man is about to die he does anything possible ANYTHING to avoid that from happening. well then you wouldnt think they travel to another planet in another galaxy to survive? (and look at how fast technology evolves, just compare todays technology to 50 years back) they could well have the technology ready in about 1000 years.

and another thing if they do go to another planet then they would become FULL aliens right! but im saying on the other planet they could adapt to their new surroundings and through evolution, well you know where im going with this. so these FULL aliens then time travel (now it could be any year on the other planet - even 5,000,000 years after the sun died) and well they come and probe us (just like archeologists are fasinated with fossils).

and all you guys who present all these theories about time travel being impossible etc, well think about this, all these theories have been made up by people who think at 10% max of their brain capacity. well wouldnt you think if they used up the rest of 90% what we could achieve, some of these therories would definately be expanded, some would be shattered, some would be proven wrong. is the earth flat? no, why? well because its been proven but that didnt stop people using that logic 500 years ago, to them that was 100% correct, wasnt it?

note: dont flame me on my spelling mistakes im dyslexic.

pls post replys about this in the new topic - Time travel humans = aliens? Part 2 because im seriously not interested in learning about tachyons.

Miran
well most of u guys seem to be arguing the theory of time travel, what my point was (as DirtyLarry tried to expand on) what other explanations can u guys give to the fact that the aliens we conjure up nowdays always look the the traditional type? what i mean is you know the big head skinny body image of a alien, well what made a human (if they did make it up) present it that way. and even if they are from outer space, what makes you think they will have eyes? because in their home planet they could "see" by sounds? what makes you think they have 2 eyes? you guys know what im saying? (watch the movie pitch black - prime example of seeing with sound, and even if they have eyes why not 1 or 3 or 4, why exactly 2). the theory i presented makes sense because now only does it account for the things i mentioned above but evolution states that these things can happen.

Evolution does not state that these things can happen. Evolution is not something you can predict and often you can't even interpret why certain structures/characteristics evolved. For example, you cannot say that Birds developed wings or feathers to fly. This is in fact not true. Although it may seem logical, often structures developed for one reason take on a completely different use later in the creature's existence.

In addition, the easiest way to explain why aliens "look" the way they do in most supposed sightings, etc, is because humans have an innate capability to recognize other humans - faces, bodies, etc. In fact, if you look at the typical alien image, you will see that they are humans, with exaggerated features. Like superheroes, Greek mythological figures, and other members of folklore - humans ALWAYS use humans as a base for alterations. A superhero is a human with exaggerated strength, muscles, chin, etc. A Faun or Centaur is also a human mixed with features from other known animals. My point is that humans start from what they know, and like a fish story, the features get bigger (eyes) and weirder (skin color).

Also, just because we don't need muscles for hunting, does not mean they are not sexually attractive. You are forgetting that evolution is not based on your ability to survive, but on your ability to survive and pass on genes. Will a super-intelligent geek who is ugly and skinny get the girl? Alternatively, will she desire the more attractive, stronger, relatively intelligent alpha male? Although, yes, intelligence is a competing factor, it is so far no more successful than strength and muscle tone. Just compare the number of partners members of a pro sports team have been with compared to the programmers at Microsoft.

You are also forgetting that microevolution is not a constant, steady process as is macroevolution. Humans don't just suddenly get bigger brains b/c they need them more - there has to be something to stop those with smaller brains from mating and successfully reproducing.

Miran
and all you guys who present all these theories about time travel being impossible etc, well think about this, all these theories have been made up by people who think at 10% max of their brain capacity. well wouldnt you think if they used up the rest of 90% what we could achieve, some of these therories would definately be expanded, some would be shattered, some would be proven wrong. is the earth flat? no, why? well because its been proven but that didnt stop people using that logic 500 years ago, to them that was 100% correct, wasnt it?

note: dont flame me on my spelling mistakes im dyslexic.

pls post replys about this in the new topic - Time travel humans = aliens? Part 2 because im seriously not interested in learning about tachyons.

New research has shown this "10% of your brain" idea to be false. Just because a part of our brain isn't being used for information storage and/or interpretation does not mean it isn't being used for something else.

P.S. I just noticed your note about posting in the other thread. I would move mine there but I am too lazy and busy. :D

Omega_Green

Maybe the aliens are from earth, but it's a earth after our current one has been destroyed. Maybe these aliens have created the technology to go into the past to our earth and they are simply trying to figure us out.

darkcrad

are the pictures really aliens?

i still have doubt to their existence, never layed on my eyes on a reliable source.

Miran

Well many "Alien encounters" and abductions can actually be recreated in a controlled lab using a specific wavelength of EM radiation. Same goes for ghosts. It seems we aren't as immune as we thought to certain frequencies.

Omega_Green

Here's a good sight about time travel. This company is from the future, check out their company copyright date.

members.tripod.com/~Xronos

QuarterSwede
Evolution does not state that these things can happen. Evolution is not something you can predict and often you can't even interpret why certain structures/characteristics evolved. For example, you cannot say that Birds developed wings or feathers to fly. This is in fact not true. Although it may seem logical, often structures developed for one reason take on a completely different use later in the creature's existence.

In addition, the easiest way to explain why aliens "look" the way they do in most supposed sightings, etc, is because humans have an innate capability to recognize other humans - faces, bodies, etc. In fact, if you look at the typical alien image, you will see that they are humans, with exaggerated features. Like superheroes, Greek mythological figures, and other members of folklore - humans ALWAYS use humans as a base for alterations. A superhero is a human with exaggerated strength, muscles, chin, etc. A Faun or Centaur is also a human mixed with features from other known animals. My point is that humans start from what they know, and like a fish story, the features get bigger (eyes) and weirder (skin color).

Also, just because we don't need muscles for hunting, does not mean they are not sexually attractive. You are forgetting that evolution is not based on your ability to survive, but on your ability to survive and pass on genes. Will a super-intelligent geek who is ugly and skinny get the girl? Alternatively, will she desire the more attractive, stronger, relatively intelligent alpha male? Although, yes, intelligence is a competing factor, it is so far no more successful than strength and muscle tone. Just compare the number of partners members of a pro sports team have been with compared to the programmers at Microsoft.

You are also forgetting that microevolution is not a constant, steady process as is macroevolution. Humans don't just suddenly get bigger brains b/c they need them more - there has to be something to stop those with smaller brains from mating and successfully reproducing.

As much as I hate to admit it I'd have to agree with you. From a personal standpoint, I woulnd't call that evolution. Instead, I would call it adaptation.

Whoa
isn't it like:

The faster you go, the slower time goes?

Hence the clocks on a fast moving plane go slower than the stationary ones on the ground.

The present always is. The past never was, it is only memories in your brain. Time isn't an object as such which you can move to past/future instances. You are here, now. Never infront, nor behind anytime.

thats how i perceive it anyway.

Exactly the way I feel

Suddenly_Dead
what other explanations can u guys give to the fact that the aliens we conjure up nowdays always look the the traditional type?

Could it not be because we all expect them to look like that?

Mango
The present always is. The past never was, it is only memories in your brain. Time isn't an object as such which you can move to past/future instances. You are here, now. Never infront, nor behind anytime.

If you were to look at a 3 dimensional object on your table you will see that it has 3 dimensions - Width, Height and Depth. And even though that object is not moving in any direction, it is moving through time. If there was no fourth dimension (time), then everything would be frozen, like pressing pause on your dvd player. We can move through the 3 dimensions of space very easily. With the right technology I can't see why we couldn't be able to move through all the other dimensions either.