Mario Kart 8 boosts UK Wii U hardware sales 666%

Just wait until Smash Bros Wii U is released. Wii U and 3DS launch both weren't so great, but once great titles starts rolling in, that's where the sells get going.

i love my WiiU the games are coming thick and fast, they're fun, colourful and look great, personally i think they look better than any XB1 game.  So far the WiiU has been the star of the next generation consoles, especially good for family/friends gathering around the TV. 

For me buying mario kart was a no brainer, already was gonna buy it but getting a free game was the cherry on the cake, i got pikmin which I've been meaning to get for a long while.

Oh stop I been having more fun playing the wii u over my xbox one. Id say its way better  than the wii and worth it

I can't really justify buying a console for one single game. :P

Just wait until Smash Bros Wii U is released. Wii U and 3DS launch both weren't so great, but once great titles starts rolling in, that's where the sells get going.

While Smash Bros has a big loyal following, it's safe to say that Mario Kart has a much bigger mass appeal following.

I want a Wii U now... someone is selling one for $135 without the gamepad haha. nope

The gamepad is ESSENTIAL. Its not optional like kinect. you NEED it for basic system operability.

Its a 12 game system,  but 7 are great games. I picked a wiiU up brand new for $200. $60/$65 for pikmin 3 and mario kart. $45 for 3D world and donkey kong, and $10/ea for every ubisoft title they ever released (got 4)... Smash Bros, zelda, and possibly Project CARS (if it looks pretty) are the future titles I'm looking forward to.