1. 1. What do you think of iOS 8?

• Best iOS EVER
    • One of the better releases
    • OK, it didn't have everything, but it's still pretty good
    • Missing features, lackluster
    • Hate it! (But I will still get it)
    • Not ever upgrading!
    • Give me back iOS 7!

Anyone have any experience with the GM on the iPad 3 or an iPhone 5?

Lots of folks complaining about lag which is odd considering how positive the sentiment was in the later betas (based on what I read online, no first hand knowledge here).

I have an iPhone 5 and iOS 5 GM works perfect.  Finally WhatsApp was updated.

My iPad Air on GM 8 spontaneously rebooted. I also see random crash logs and data in Diagnostics page. Hence reverted back to 7.1.2 till the downgrade window is open. First time I have done this. 

Also downgrading my iPhone 5c and 5S. Both feel laggy compared to 7.1.2 on them previously.

GM 8 is totally underwhelming. Will hold out till 8.1 is released.

Anyone have any experience with the GM on the iPad 3 or an iPhone 5?

Lots of folks complaining about lag which is odd considering how positive the sentiment was in the later betas (based on what I read online, no first hand knowledge here).

I have it running on the iPad 3 and the performance is similar to iOS 7. Not as snappy as a brand new iPad Air but not too laggy.

My iPad Air on GM 8 spontaneously rebooted. I also see random crash logs and data in Diagnostics page. Hence reverted back to 7.1.2 till the downgrade window is open. First time I have done this. 

Also downgrading my iPhone 5c and 5S. Both feel laggy compared to 7.1.2 on them previously.

GM 8 is totally underwhelming. Will hold out till 8.1 is released.

Wow, GM on 4S is a huge dissapointment. Very laggy and slow, I'll wait for a JB to see if it improves things, but I have a feeling that I'll go back to 7. Oh, and about that predictive thing on the keyboard, only English is supported?!?!

EDIT: Nvm, it seems there's prediction for my language too, but limited...I'm waiting for SwiftKey...

exactly why i went back to iOS 7.1.2. Much more solider and refined. As I stated above, I have a 4S and it feels sluggish & laggy, there isn't no doubt about it. They should just release iOS 8.0.1 as the first public release...like this is bad.

Yup guys. I have downgraded back to 7.1.2 On all 3 iDevices in my house. I felt that not a single improvement was of use to me. My iPad Air and 5S spontaneously rebooted couple of times in 1 day.

Even the new wallpapers are sucky. Felt like Ive and Cook trolled wallpaper websites and downloaded a few off them to be used in iOS 8.

Has Apple finally lost their magic touch? 

I have it running on the iPad 3 and the performance is similar to iOS 7. Not as snappy as a brand new iPad Air but not too laggy.

I've installed it and I'd agree with your assessment.  Its about the same. Love the new features though.  I really like being able to mark as read or delete/archive email messages from notifications.

Tempted to upgrade my iPhone 5, but loving my Jailbreak.... uhg.  Some (twitter/reddit) sources are indicating that iOS 8 will be jailbroken soon.

That stupid prediction doesn't work for me, again. I have two keyboards in General options, one Romanian, with prediction active, and emoji keyboard. There's no damn prediction anyware, does it have something to do with the fact that I removed the English keyboard?!

I can't figure out how to quick-reply to a message on the lock screen or notification center on my iPad. The only thing that works is swipe down on the banner if I catch it in time. Otherwise I have to go into the full app.  What am I missing?  Thanks!

While on a call on my iphone 5, it made the sound it normally does when someone is calling while i'm already on a call.  But nothing showed up.  I ended the call and checked out the missed calls,  nothing.   

today, it randomly vibrated.  Not sure why.  

I figured out about that predictive crap. It seems that it activates only when I switch to English keyboard, BUT it also predicts words in other languages (Romanian in my case) while I'm on English. If I switch to Romanian, there's no predictive text. That company must be run by morons, this is the most stupid thing I've ever experienced with a phone...

I'm liking a lot of the new features. It is a bit twitchy on my aging iPad 3. I remember iOS 7.0 being worse, but I think 7.1.2 is smoother than the 8.0 gm.

I am enjoying these features though. About to see if I can get SMS continuity going with my iPhone 5 once it is finished installing. Not sure if it will work or not, my ipad may be too old according to Apple.

Edit: I guess that continuity feature will not be ready until October.  Or am I missing something?

Has anyone tried it on an iPad 4? I'll wait till next week to install it but I'm curious as to how it performs. 7 was a bit laggy at times but 7.1 is pretty ok.

Has anyone tried it on an iPad 4? I'll wait till next week to install it but I'm curious as to how it performs. 7 was a bit laggy at times but 7.1 is pretty ok.

7.1 and 7.1.2 are solid for me.

I have not tried 8 yet.

must be you siri works fine here unplugged/plugged in

Siri works unplugged but not "Hey, Siri" (voice activated)

Siri works unplugged but not "Hey, Siri" (voice activated)

Even on the iPhone 6? If not, that will likely be a feature of the 6S ("Hey Siri," unplugged).

I turned on that accessibility option "Reduce Motion" and my iPad feels a lot snappier now. That zoom-in animation is OK, but when it stutters :x

I do like the heads in multitasking but it needs 3rd party app plug ins.  I want to be able to send a Facebook Message, for example, or place a Skype call from that interface.

Well, so much for ios8. I'm back to 7.1.2, 8 is a mess (at least on 4S). Nevermind the lag, the issue with the prediction, but I had enough when someone called me, I slided the answer button and even if it seemed it answered, the ringtone kept playing. No way in hell I'm installing this mess till they release a PROPER version. With 7 vs. 8, it's like comparing a Lambo with a Ford Fiesta. No thanks.

I am expecting iOS public release is gonna be the biggest gaffe in Apple's history. When handful of users who installed GM are having so many issues, imagine the public uproar on 17th!

I am expecting iOS public release is gonna be the biggest gaffe in Apple's history. When handful of users who installed GM are having so many issues, imagine the public uproar on 17th!

The public rarely make a lot of noise about iOS even do it come with huge chunk of bug that yet to be solve until 8.1.2

I'm finding a lot of the lag I was experiencing yesterday have subsided on my iPad. Maybe it was indexing or something. I've re-enabled the animations and they are all smooth.

I like the phone call 'continuity' thing. Looking forward to Apple adding SMS support in October.

Coming from Android, it is so nice to see Apple changing. I love the support for widgets in the notification bar, third party keyboards, and the integration between their devices. Microsoft could pay attention to this - I mean look at how seamless it is to go from an iPhone to an iPad, and soon - a Mac. The bigger screen iPhones are also nicer and again it's a big change for Apple. I would love to see a 6 with 6+ features and a 1080p display.

iOS8 is definitely one of their better releases. 

I'm really loving the customizable share "actions"!  If you haven't already done so, click on the "share" icon in anything (say Safari), and then go to the right and select "More".

Wow! What a hidden treasure of customization right there!  Don't use Twitter or Facebook and do not want to share with those services? Uncheck them. Want OneNote and WhatsApp to be the first 2 services that come up in the share list?  Move them to that position. Excellent.

Safari on iPad Air is lag fest. Shameful. If Steve Job's spirit is trolling Macrumors forums, it would be so annoyed the it would take rebirth just to spank iOS development team 10 years later.