1. 1. What do you think of iOS 8?

• Best iOS EVER
    • One of the better releases
    • OK, it didn't have everything, but it's still pretty good
    • Missing features, lackluster
    • Hate it! (But I will still get it)
    • Not ever upgrading!
    • Give me back iOS 7!

I'm seeing that numerous people, including myself, are having WiFi connection issues with iPad models since the update. It will say it is connected but actually will not be.

Shift key activated:

0XBbemo.png

Shift key deactivated:

FIoxfxI.png

Why don't the keys show all in upper case, like this?

When shift lock is off:
[q] [w] [e] [r] [t] [y] [o] [p]
  [a] [d] [f] [g] [h] [j] [k] [l]
^   [z] [x] [c] [v] [n] [m]

When shift  lock is on:

[Q] [W] [E] [R] [T] [Y] [O] [P]
^ [A] [D] [F] [G] [H] [J] [K] [L]
^   [Z] [X] [C] [V] [N] [M]

This makes for a much better UX; come on Apple, since Jobs died, you guys are just not producing a quality experience anymore.

This is highly annoying but it's not new in iOS8. It would make typing so much easier!

Since I updated, half of my apps have decided to stop giving me notifications, even when I checked that they are switched on. Not sure what to do to fix it. Sometimes they show up, others they don't show at all...

When shift lock is off:
[q] [w] [e] [r] [t] [y] [o] [p]
  [a] [d] [f] [g] [h] [j] [k] [l]
^   [z] [x] [c] [v] [n] [m]

When shift  lock is on:

[Q] [W] [E] [R] [T] [Y] [O] [P]
^ [A] [D] [F] [G] [H] [J] [K] [L]
^   [Z] [X] [C] [V] [N] [M]

This makes for a much better UX; come on Apple, since Jobs died, you guys are just not producing a quality experience anymore.

This is why I love jailbreaking -

post-4583-0-73767700-1411320478.png

:happy:

Very annoying issue I am having with my iPad Air.

When connected to my 5GHz network it will work fine for about 5/10 minutes, but after this it starts to get very very slow, up until the point it stops and there appears to be no internet connectivity at all.

After disconnecting and reconnecting to the network it will work again for about 5/10 minutes and then the same thing happens. Sometimes I will have to completely reboot the iPad to get it to work again :(

Sometimes it can work for an hour or more, but more often than not I experience this problem.

This is JUST my iPad, connecting from my Android phone, Mac or another iPad using iOS 7 I experience no problems at all. This iPad also used to work perfectly fine with iOS 7. Started happening immediately after the iOS 8 update was applied.

If I connect to my Mac via bluetooth and use its connection it appears to work fine too.

Anyone else having WiFi problems?

Well you're wrong, nobody know had a problem with iOS 8 GM and nobody I know has a problem with the release. If you're running a 4S it's probably time to upgrade and not complain about the OS. It's like trying to run Windows 8 on an i386 (well, maybe not that bad lol).

Well you're wrong, nobody know had a problem with iOS 8 GM and nobody I know has a problem with the release. If you're running a 4S it's probably time to upgrade and not complain about the OS. It's like trying to run Windows 8 on an i386 (well, maybe not that bad lol).

Sarcasm? Apple never gets everything right with the initial release, hence all the minor updates that follow...

I've found that the text selection controls is still an awful experience.  Try selecting a portion of a URL in Safari.

Come on Apple, you can do much better than this.

It can't be worse than Windows Phone's implementation.

Has anyone noticed a bug with scrolling? Where as sometimes it just does not work at all.. I noticed it more in Plex when i am trying to scroll through my library it does nothing... or if i get a notification and i try to slide it up it doesn't register and again does nothing... it's very random, sometimes it will work as normal, other times not at all.

does anyone get lag scrolling through the wallpaper section in options? Click on the stills, and they lag if you rapidly scroll down . I'm on an iPad mini retina.

does anyone get lag scrolling through the wallpaper section in options? Click on the stills, and they lag if you rapidly scroll down . I'm on an iPad mini retina.

Don't have a iPad M.R., but I tried on my iPad Air & iPhone 5S, and indeed it is not the smoothest scrolling/choppy. This is interesting because it is a static set of images (meaning you can't add photos there)

Is iOS8 in open beta like Yosemite will be?  Or is this iOS devs only?

The proximity detection between iOS and Yosemite is ground breaking for me.  I've missed so many calls when my phone is in another room charging because my phone is always on silent due to always forgetting to change it after work, having them automatically routed to my Mac will be incredible.

Use Pushbullet (pushbullet.com)

I hope it runs alot better on the iphone 6 plus i ordered.

On my iphone 5, its always lagging and freezing up now. and the damn home button keeps loading the multitasking page. even if i slightly tap it.

Alot of these the lock screen is frozen and i have to put the phone to sleep, and push the home button several times before it'll let me enter my passcode.

I'd go back to ios7 if it was super easy to do.

Beta to 8.1 is seeding to developers so we should see many of the bugs fixed soon enough. Well hopefully anyway.

I'm having an annoying issue with double tap. My first tap will sometimes behave as if I did a double tap, so my actual second tap closes the double tap mode. I've lost count of how many times this happens.

Beta to 8.1 is seeding to developers so we should see many of the bugs fixed soon enough. Well hopefully anyway.

I've read rumors that it the next beta (Oct 20) will bring back Camera Roll, for one thing. Not a bug, but nice

• 3 weeks later...

Finally a feature that I think has been missing for too long. You can finally view the photos that you have in iCloud online!

It's in a beta stage at the moment so there's still bugs being ironed out but I can finally do what I want with my photos in iCloud

Upgraded my iPhone 5c to 8.1 

Runs very well with few milliseconds lag here and there compared to 7.1.2

I found delayed touch responses on 8.1 but guess that is because ios 8.1 is such an un-optimized steaming pile of abscess.

But my iPad Air and iPhone 5s are staying on 7.1.2 till eternity (or till 8.3 drops).