'Slenderman' stabbing: Girls, 12, accused of attacking friend to please creepy character

'Slenderman' stabbing: Girls, 12, accused of attacking friend to please creepy character

WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) -- Prosecutors say two 12-year-old southeastern Wisconsin girls stabbed their 12-year-old friend nearly to death in the woods to please a mythological creature they learned about online.

Both girls were charged as adults with first-degree attempted homicide Monday in Waukesha County Circuit Court; they each face up to 60 years in prison if convicted. A court commissioner set bail at $500,000 cash per child. According to a criminal complaint, the girls had been planning to kill their friend for months and finally made the attempt in a park on Saturday morning, after a slumber party.

One of the girls told a detective they were trying to become "proxies" of Slenderman, a mythological demon-like character they learned about on creepypasta.wikia.com, a website about horror stories and legends. They planned to run away to the demon's forest mansion after the slaying, the complaint said.

Source and more.

:s It's good to see our younger generation have a hold on reality...

Source and more.

:s It's good to see our younger generation have a hold on reality...

Stuff like this is not exclusive to the younger generation. People have been killing for x since the dawn of time.

Stuff like this is not exclusive to the younger generation. People have been killing for x since the dawn of time.

True, but there was just something about 12 year olds thinking that Slenderman was real, it irks me.
  • Like 3

True, but there was just something about 12 year olds thinking that Slenderman was real, it irks me.

Well, to be honest, I blame computer games entirely!

• Like 3

The same can be said for any age thinking 'God' is real. And look, we have wars where entire countries kill each other in 'his' name. Pathetic really. 

• Like 2

The issue is, even though its a recent myth started online, nearly all the effort into it goes into making it look like he's real. The photoshopped images, even camcorder footage on YouTube with special effects added in etc. Easy to trick a 12 year old into thinking it was real. But they are still crazy for stabbing their friend nearly to death just to "please" it. 

The issue is, even though its a recent myth started online, nearly all the effort into it goes into making it look like he's real. The photoshopped images, even camcorder footage on YouTube with special effects added in etc. Easy to trick a 12 year old into thinking it was real. But they are still crazy for stabbing their friend nearly to death just to "please" it.

'God' has been made to look as though he's real...

Many have been sacrificed in his name. Truth is, crazy is crazy. You're nuts for killing in ANYONE else's name. Including this so called 'God'. Both are imaginary and it takes a gullible moron to follow them.

There is simply no excuse for these kids to be in this situation.

Why were the parents not monitoring their online activities? Why would it be acceptable for these girls to be on creepypasta at an impressionable age?

No doubt these two were local psychopaths in training with only a trigger standing between each and their first outburst. What makes matters worse is when two connect and reinforce each others psychosis. Fire & gasoline.

• Like 2

There is simply no excuse for these kids to be in this situation.

Why were the parents not monitoring their online activities? Why would it be acceptable for these girls to be on creepypasta at an impressionable age?

I never said it was an excuse or acceptable. And creepypasta ends up everywhere, YouTube, shared on social networks, it will easily pop up on sites allowed by a filter.

The only people to blame are the girls and their parents, if your 12 years old daughter thinks that killing a person is a good idea there's some serious problem. 

Internet myths are interesting. What's even more interesting is to find this I googled "Pokemon Suicide Song" and it was exactly what I wanted.

Edit: Apparently Slenderman wasn't an internet thing but a German thing. Oh well, I'll leave this song here anyways.

The same can be said for any age thinking 'God' is real. And look, we have wars where entire countries kill each other in 'his' name. Pathetic really. 

Don't start a religion war. This has nothing to do with religion. if I was a mod I'd warn you for flame attempt. Keep your war-mongering comments to yourself.

Replace Slenderman with God and you basically have the same thing.

Replace Slenderman with God and you basically have the same thing.

Someone's been watching too much southpark, telling them that God isn't real ...

And I've always thought Waukesha was one of the more sane cities in Wisconsin... v_v''

There are some decent areas on the outskirts of town, but there's also lots of slummy areas and sex offender hotspots.

Internet myths are interesting. What's even more interesting is to find this I googled "Pokemon Suicide Song" and it was exactly what I wanted.

Edit: Apparently Slenderman wasn't an internet thing but a German thing. Oh well, I'll leave this song here anyways.

I watched the whole thing.

Well, to be honest, I blame computer games entirely!

I've only played the original slenderman game and as far as I'm aware it mentions no background to slender. The internet is the place where the fictional history of slenderman lives.

If you were just being sarcastic, disregard my comment :)

Don't start a religion war. This has nothing to do with religion. if I was a mod I'd warn you for flame attempt. Keep your war-mongering comments to yourself.

I beg your pardon? It is the TRUTH. 

People try to blame video games, music, and movies for tragedy around the world day in and day out. Realistically, how much violence have we seen because of video games? VERY little in comparison to Violence that is religion based. I am not trying to start a flame war. I am simply throwing facts out there because I have firsthand dealt with people blaming games/music/movies on events in my life. This is simply NOT the case. This story about this Slenderman stabbing, is a rarity. Yes. We can blame video games on this particular event. The best part is it was not even based on a character that we'd expect... like a GTA or CoD character.

This is no more 'news' than a suicide bomber blowing stuff up in the name of 'Insert God/Diety Here'. That was the point I was getting at.

I've only played the original slenderman game and as far as I'm aware it mentions no background to slender. The internet is the place where the fictional history of slenderman lives.

If you were just being sarcastic, disregard my comment :)

Sometimes, the /s tag is TOO obvious! :p

• Like 1