JFK: Lone gunman or CIA conspiracy?

Who is responsible for JFK's death?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

nemo
If you haven't seen "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" on the History Channel, you really need to.

that was an amazing program. i watched the history channel all day that day. too me, it seems like there was more than one shooter, but i dont know much about the situation, as obviously alot of people on here do.

senior

the thing that really makes all this all far fetched is that, if Oswald wanted to kill Kennedy that bad.. is plan probably had to be calculated. Probably days in advanced, knowing Keneddy was coming to town. I am sure he investigated the route to know where to shoot from right. The original parade route tho, was changed at the very last minute.. it was only announced on radio an hour before the event, leaving only a few witnesses in dealy plaza... even the paper from that day shows that they were not initially going to go through that plaza on that day..it was a security risk..the car had to do a double detour and almost come to a complete stop 2 90 degree turns after eachother...this is very much against parade policy..

mattmatik
Sure - I don't blame you for not feeling comfortable. It's not a sensible thing to do. On the other hand, it IS the sort of thing that politicians like to do to show that they're still one of The People and not some high-and-mighty king. Alternatively, there may be a whole host of other explanations for having the Secret Service move away other than a conspiracy - some of which may be infinitely more plausible.

It doesn't matter really - there's absolutely no evidence (and that's ZERO evidence) to suggest that anyone else was involved. There is no evidence of a conspiracy and, apart from paranoia, no reason to assume Johnson, Hoover, the Mafia, the Secret Service or any other agency would be involved.

Slightly more to the point - why on earth would the NSA have any part of Kennedy's death. The agency is solely concerned with cryptography and electronic intelligence and doesn't even remotely concern itself with the sort of stuff that Hollywood claims. It's almost like saying the phone companies were in on it...

And yes, if I was an investigator I would be suspicious of everyone. But I'd be far more suspicious of the person that's gone missing without any explanation that of the ones I can find and ask questions to. Everyone's a suspect, but some are just far more obviously suspect than others.

Those are very good points.

I guess the problem that I have is that "officially" Oswald acted alone. "Officially", there is no conspiracy, no inside treason, and no way for my single self to prove otherwise. But, if the "official" findings are correct, then why can't the records of the investigation and all the other documents that are locked up be viewed now? Why wait until some 60-something years after the incident? There's something they don't want us to know.

But, really, I cannot offer an argument against your facts, because obviously anyonw who does think it's a conspiracy is only going by judgement and other means. But, until those documents are released, I will believe it was more than just one man at work here.

For the record: I'm not a conspiracy theorist nor am I againt anything (most everything) our government does. But, I do think this was one time where alot of people screwed up and fail to take responsibility for their actions. There's too many questions and not enough answers.

danshome

To be honest, they're probably locked up a) because people screwed up and they wanted to hide their mistakes until they were dead; and b) probably because it's a fairly standard policy for any "event" of such magnitude that affects national security. It's not like there have been many other Presidents assassinated, so you don't really have a benchmark to match it against. When the documents are released, you will almost certainly find out that nothing differs from the public account.

And lets face facts - it's entirely within the US government's powers to declare releasing the papers a security risk and lock them up for another 50 years ad infinitum. If it was something that they really didn't want you seeing, you'd never see it. And probably never know the papers were locked up in the first place.

DigitalN.

i was watiching Tech Live the other week, and they had a guy that was computer animating the killing of JFK. they say, that the sniper was coming from the fifth story of the library. something like that.

senior

meh..who knows, so much time has passed that it doesnt even make a difference now

• 2 weeks later...
Ivand

i voted the CIA

i think only in the Lincoln times an alone man could kill a president

:ninja:

kirk26

mouse, mickey mouse

chavo

It was most definetly the aliens.

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

M=ΔT