IIRC that is what one of their coders was claiming. Something about the animations being used and that he would recognise it anywhere after working on it for so long.

That would be a different case then, but hard proof before finger pointing is the best way to go about such claims.

Got the game yesterday on pc. My pc specs are quite outdated and yet I can play the game with medium textures and everything else on high and still get 30+ fps. This surprised me and pleased me greatly as the game still looks amazing on those setting. I hope Far Cry 4 will perform just as good.

It can be quite frustrating (and repetitive) at times but it's still fun to slaughter hordes of orcs. The thing that gets me killed the most and annoys me the most at the same time is that often patrols with captains will come upon me while I'm trying to fight a different one. This quickly escalates and I usually end up fighting 3 or 4 captains and their entourage before I'm overwhelmed and either die, which makes the game harder, or I have to run away. It can be very frustrating.

So I'm interested to know, after reading the comments from the Ubi employee on plagarism claims, how similar is it to Assassin's Creed?

I would go as far as to say that the game uses some animations taken directly from any given  Assassins Creed games. Are they exactly the same? Who knows but they look pretty damn close.

Got the game yesterday on pc. My pc specs are quite outdated and yet I can play the game with medium textures and everything else on high and still get 30+ fps. This surprised me and pleased me greatly as the game still looks amazing on those setting. I hope Far Cry 4 will perform just as good.

It can be quite frustrating (and repetitive) at times but it's still fun to slaughter hordes of orcs. The thing that gets me killed the most and annoys me the most at the same time is that often patrols with captains will come upon me while I'm trying to fight a different one. This quickly escalates and I usually end up fighting 3 or 4 captains and their entourage before I'm overwhelmed and either die, which makes the game harder, or I have to run away. It can be very frustrating.

I would go as far as to say that the game uses some animations taken directly from any given  Assassins Creed games. Are they exactly the same? Who knows but they look pretty damn close.

Making animations look 1:1 with your original code is different from actually copying the code.

Making animations look 1:1 with your original code is different from actually copying the code.

Some of the running and jumping animations look like they were taken right out of Black Flag. I'm not saying they are just that they're very similar.

Some of the running and jumping animations look like they were taken right out of Black Flag. I'm not saying they are just that they're very similar.

I wouldn't disagree with you, but it can't really be called plagarism in this industry unless it's stealing of assets or direct code (or script/story stealing). Otherwise, FPS games and TPS games would be nitpicking every animation of one an another.

• Like 1

This is WAAAAAAY better then the Black Flag, and any other assassins creed (1&2) I have played.   The way everything is setup, just makes sense. 

I love reading the descriptions of places, and characters, even though in most other games, I did not like it.

Fighting is decent,  stealth is nice,  all in all, this is a very good game so far, and I am only 1.5 hours in.  

Graphics are great too.

however i did read some beginner tips, which made my experience much better...

like to dive into the first STORY mission early on....  

i tried to do the extra missions first, thinking it will help with main ones, but it does not, i just got in trouble.. with more powerful captains killing me all the time.

first few missions are designed around weaker captains...

also, i gave up on the keyboard early on.  everything seems really over complicated.   my old dusty logitech controller has some bad buttons you really have to mush to get results...

but learning the moves took me minutes on the controller! they just feel natural.     not at all like on the keyboard.

i recommend this game highly.  i am enjoying it very much now, just like i enjoyed witcher 2... even though the gameplay is not the same at all.  

but the lore, and the graphics and overall fantasy world feel are great in both :)

Hmm.  Feels natural on the KB to me for the most part, but whatever works.  All of this type of action/adventure or whatever they call it work better with a controller....but I haven't once felt the need to use mine here.

I feel like the K&M combo works great. It feels natural which is usually the exact opposite of how it feels in any of the AC games. Movement is very controlled and you don't randomly jump to your death while climbing around. The fact that there is no fall damage is awesome, too.

Watching people play with controls on twitch it looks awkward. You have to use multiple buttons to perform simple tasks like ground finishers.

I feel like the K&M combo works great. It feels natural which is usually the exact opposite of how it feels in any of the AC games. Movement is very controlled and you don't randomly jump to your death while climbing around. The fact that there is no fall damage is awesome, too.

Watching people play with controls on twitch it looks awkward. You have to use multiple buttons to perform simple tasks like ground finishers.

hmm. after playing for a few hours and knowing all the moves,  i might give keyboard another go.   my hands are well tired and yeah, some combos are not awesome.

yeah, it might actually better for long term play...   just have to relearn to do the wrath moves properly again.    constant holding trigger button on controller for stealth is quite annoying.

I actually think the game is much more like the Arkham games than the Assassins Creed games, especially with the combat, or maybe I am just imagining that since I know Warner Brothers owns the studios that makes each game.

I actually think the game is much more like the Arkham games than the Assassins Creed games, especially with the combat, or maybe I am just imagining that since I know Warner Brothers owns the studios that makes each game.

It draws from both, for me. The combat is definitely inspired by the Batman games but the area design and everything else feels inspired by the Assassin Creed games.

I will say that it's disappointing that there aren't weapons and armor to chase after. I appreciate the upgrade system and the runes but I like some visual progression too.

It draws from both, for me. The combat is definitely inspired by the Batman games but the area design and everything else feels inspired by the Assassin Creed games.

I will say that it's disappointing that there aren't weapons and armor to chase after. I appreciate the upgrade system and the runes but I like some visual progression too.

Usually, I do too, but luckily the other components of the game are good enough to distract me from caring.

Can't wait to play more today. Definitely a very good game, with some usual open world flaws, but it's got me more hooked than any AC game.

• Like 1

There is one game to rule them all, one game to find them, one game to bring them all, and in the darkness not be an overhyped piece of crap.

Unlocked branding.

Game just got even more awesome.

can't decide with of the weapon super power to buy..     bow sword or dagger?   i want them all dammit.    anyone bought one yet?  thoughts?

It is very nice blend of AC, Arkham, and a bit FarCry.

And it is a blast. I don't know how it will last depth-wise, but it is just plain fun and very fluid. Mostly doesn't force you into stealth or QTEs, but lets you benefit from doing so.

Some of the controls with climbing can be annoying, though.

There is one game to rule them all, one game to find them, one game to bring them all, and in the darkness not be an overhyped piece of crap.

can't decide with of the weapon super power to buy..     bow sword or dagger?   i want them all dammit.    anyone bought one yet?  thoughts?

I have the sword one and it's quite fun to use.

Also I'm not sure why you put that in spoilers, you can see the powers in the upgrade section. They aren't a big secret.

• Like 1

I have the sword one and it's quite fun to use.

Also I'm not sure why you put that in spoilers, you can see the powers in the upgrade section. They aren't a big secret.

yeah i don't know.  i got the sword too now.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I bought this Friday night and played it as part of my Extra Life marathon -- then played another 10+ hours on Sunday.

Holy crap it's addicting.  And I just go the power to command the orcs.  Having so much fun with this.

This game has turned out so great for me it might just hold my interest in this type of game until Batman: Arkham Knight comes out.

Fantastic game. Getting killed is the worst, because whoever killed you always levels up and gloats in their Uruk way. I then spend the next 30 minutes tracking them down and getting my revenge... or dying again. 

Fantastic game. Getting killed is the worst, because whoever killed you always levels up and gloats in their Uruk way. I then spend the next 30 minutes tracking them down and getting my revenge... or dying again. 

Sometimes you need to stop and upgrade your skills a bit before going back.

Sometimes you need to stop and upgrade your skills a bit before going back.

Yeah I definitely forgot to do this sometimes! I had this one Uruk who must have killed me 4 or 5 times and got to Power 20. I kept going straight back to him thinking I could kill him without levelling any further... I was wrong. 

He didn't even drop a good rune :(