E3 2014 Gamers' Hangout Discussion

I like the changes I've seen in the new Assassins Creed Unity.

The assassins are as godlike as ever.. he got shot in the middle of chest, blood spatter and everything, and he continued like nothing happened.

Liked the FC4 trailer.

Some fly must have entered my eyes during the Valiant Hearts trailer.

Let's be real guys, I but that it doesn't look like that when it comes out.  It's the whole Watch Dogs video all over from last year.  You've been warned.

Feel free to make dedicated topics for games, but hold off on making them "official" if they're not out for months.

EA and Ubisoft were grouped in here because I knew they wouldn't get the attention the other three do. 32 replies after all was said and done.

Feel free to make dedicated topics for games, but hold off on making them "official" if they're not out for months.

EA and Ubisoft were grouped in here because I knew they wouldn't get the attention the other three do. 32 replies after all was said and done.

Because nothing really interesting was shown, both showed things we knew about really.  That little Rainbow Six vid was a bit of a surprise from Ubi but will it even have SP or is this yet another online co-op only type deal?   I'm getting tired of all the MMO and co-op focused titles.  SP plz!

Just watched the Ubisoft briefing during my lunch and my thoughts - 

• Far Cry 4 looks amazing! This will probably be a day one purchase for me. Any one that had doubts about that blonde dude needs to watch that video. 
  • The Crew - another cool looking game and looks to be a massive achievement on the consoles, but 2 hours missions? :s
  • Assassin's Creed - another gorgeous looking game, still need to play through Black Flag, but I guess I have time. Co-op sounds great too, should make the game that much more interesting.
  • And to finish that Rainbow Six game looks brilliant again.

Ubisoft did really well, mainly sequels but still really good!

I watched the keynotes and I've got an unknown word (acronym to be precise). What's IP? Phil Spencer for example said "huge franchises, new IP, and maybe a few of my old favorites." I guess he's not talking about network IP (internet protocol).

I watched the keynotes and I've got an unknown word (acronym to be precise). What's IP? Phil Spencer for example said "huge franchises, new IP, and maybe a few of my old favorites." I guess he's not talking about network IP (internet protocol).

it stands for "intellectual property". saying something is a new IP basically means it's a new game, not a remake or sequel

All of the OPs have been updated with everything from yesterday's briefs. Credit to Reddit user Cool_Like_Dat who made a very handy Google Doc with everything listed. I'll add more to the OPs again later after Nintendo and through the week as we hear from the show floor (Y)

• Like 2

Fairly good show from what I've seen so far. Nothing mind blowing but pretty good overall.

No Man's Sky is the most intriguing title to me as of now.

Upon further reflection have to say both MS and Sony had the best events in living memory - i.e. the last decade or so, as E3 is hardly an ancient tradition. Really solid presentations for both, content was OK, but i was impressed by the speakers. Very few people seemed nervous, nobody really goofed up, Phil and Andy H were both so comfortable it seemed they didn't want to leave the stage. Same for Yoshida and everyone else. Only Ken Lobb had this weird glassy look on his face, but that's just the way he is, even if you meet him at the grocery store (not that i ever met him at the grocery store). Really enjoyed the presentations and happy that they all went so smoothly, kudos to the tech people as well backstage.

Was also very touched by Phil's words, that he was speaking on behalf of Sony and Nintendo as friends and partners. Didn't really expect Andy H to say something along these lines, i love Sony and admire the man, but i know them better than that :D