Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

I always said DarkSeid is the villain of choice for a JL movie, he's big bad enough to bring all the different "solo" heroes together and form a team.  After that for a second JL movie, dunno.   I'd save doomsday for MoS2 though.

Batman Vs. Superman To Include Lex Luthor?s Assistant Mercy Graves

mercy-graves-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-j

Over the last several days, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice has been filming scenes in Michigan which are set at LexCorp, and recent reports have indicated that those scenes involved Jesse Eisenberg playing a blonde-haired Lex Luthor. Now, ComicBook.com has heard from a source that backs up those scene descriptions, plus provides a little bit of additional information.

According to our source, Lex Luthor does indeed have long blonde hair. However, our source indicates describing his look as Kurt Cobain might be a stretch, because while the hair matches, the wardrobe does not. Our source describes his hair as ?a long straight surfer mop.?

Our source also indicates the reports of Holly Hunter playing a U.S. Senator are accurate. Furthermore, our source added that Hunter?s character is visiting LexCorp with a congressman (played by an as of yet unidentified actor). In one scene, Lex has an interaction with the congressman, where Lex seems ?to embarrass or be very disrespectful to the congressmen on his way out.?

In a piece of new information that we haven?t seen reported elsewhere yet, our source indicated that Japanese actress Tao Okamoto is playing Lex Luthor?s assistant, who is named ?Mercy.? In the comic books and Superman animated series, Mercy Graves is Lex?s personal assistant and body guard, where she is portrayed as highly intelligent and experienced in hand-to-hand combat. Tao Okamoto previously appeared as Mariko Yashida in 2013?s The Wolverine.

Source: ComicBook.com

Hope whoever they get to play Mercy has great legs, cuz that's what Mercy is all about, mmmm.

Oh boy, this could be fun.

Mercy Graves has been hinted at not just being Lex's bodyguard/assistant but something less platonic.

Also, in Detective Comics #735 (August 1999) she was revealed to have Amazon ancestry. She also has a sister named Hope.

I always said DarkSeid is the villain of choice for a JL movie, he's big bad enough to bring all the different "solo" heroes together and form a team.  After that for a second JL movie, dunno.   I'd save doomsday for MoS2 though.

Doomsday deserves to be on JL. While not technically confronted by them as a team he killed many meta-humans, Sups included. Hell, in the aftermath (Hunter/Prey) Doomsday beats the crap out of Darkseid!

Doomsday deserves to be on JL. While not technically confronted by them as a team he killed many meta-humans, Sups included. Hell, in the aftermath (Hunter/Prey) Doomsday beats the crap out of Darkseid!

Not exactly surprising, consider Doomsday's origins within Lexcorp, and Lex himself.

Lex Luthor can certainly be personable enough - however, he IS a xenophobe/bigot.

Doomsday (like Bizarro) is a product of one of Lexcorp's many genetics research projects based on pilfered Kryptonian DNA - and specifically Superman's DNA.

However, Lex hates Darkseid more than he hates Superman - and the feeling is mutual.  (For that reason alone, Lexcorp sending Doomsday after Darkseid makes plenty of sense.)

With this movie having such a long lead-time, research into Apokolips itself - not to mention Doomsday, Darkseid and his minions, etc. - is decidedly in order.

Further, there will CERTAINLY be a tie-in with the existing DCUO F2P MMO via DLC - that much has been made plain by both SOE and DC.  (There are still more DLCs planned in the same game to tie into various aspects of the New 52 - again, this is old news.)

From what point of view? What would you have named it?

Is it a court case? Where else do you use simply 'v' to mean versus?

Simple fix would be 'Batman vs Superman: The Dawn of Justice'.

Not exactly surprising, consider Doomsday's origins within Lexcorp, and Lex himself.

Lex Luthor can certainly be personable enough - however, he IS a xenophobe/bigot.

Doomsday (like Bizarro) is a product of one of Lexcorp's many genetics research projects based on pilfered Kryptonian DNA - and specifically Superman's DNA.

However, Lex hates Darkseid more than he hates Superman - and the feeling is mutual.  (For that reason alone, Lexcorp sending Doomsday after Darkseid makes plenty of sense.)

With this movie having such a long lead-time, research into Apokolips itself - not to mention Doomsday, Darkseid and his minions, etc. - is decidedly in order.

Further, there will CERTAINLY be a tie-in with the existing DCUO F2P MMO via DLC - that much has been made plain by both SOE and DC.  (There are still more DLCs planned in the same game to tie into various aspects of the New 52 - again, this is old news.)

what?

I dont know if you're talking about the new 52 version ?I've only been following Batman 52? but in the original comic Doomsday was created by kryptonian scientists, not Lex.

what?

I dont know if you're talking about the new 52 version ?I've only been following Batman 52? but in the original comic Doomsday was created by kryptonian scientists, not Lex.

Doomsday is from Krypton in both the pre-New 52 books and the current New 52 books. He's also from Krypton in this cinematic universe, which is actually an easter-egg on the Man of Steel blu-ray.

Doomsday is from Krypton in both the pre-New 52 books and the current New 52 books. He's also from Krypton in this cinematic universe, which is actually an easter-egg on the Man of Steel blu-ray.

Then I dont know what he's talking about  :blink:

Then I dont know what he's talking about  :blink:

Haha, right there with you! :p

Man, the day we finally get the first trailer for this, oh god....   Time is moving so slow!

First BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Footage Coming To Comic-Con?

A little over a week ago, Nikki Finke reported that Warner Bros. was gonna bring down the house at this year's Comic-Con with an announcement detailing their DC Comics movie lineup. This lineup supposedly includes: Shazam (July 2016), Sandman (Christmas 2016), Justice League (May 2017), Wonder Woman (July 2017), a Flash/Green Lantern team-up film (Christmas 2017), and a honest to goodness Man of Steel sequel (May 2018). There has been some speculation that WB may use this opportunity to unveil the first footage from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is currently filming in Michigan, but isn't going to land in theaters for two years. Today, El Mayimbe has tweeted that a clip from Zack Snyder's latest comic book movie is in the cards for WB's Hall H presentation. If true, what might be shown?

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet
Source: Comic Book Movie

Looking forward to this big time! Man of steel was pretty good overall.

I honestly reckon Ben is going to do a pretty damn awesome job playing batman/bruce, certainly looks the part :D