LG 4K TV

Well first thing I'll tell anyone about this... if you want to wall mount it, you pretty much need 3/4" stand offs they designed it so the bottom screws are close to a lip that sticks out 3/4" from the back of the tv and without stand offs it makes putting the mounting brackets on to the 400 mm VESA mounts pretty hard..

start up time, first startup it takes a couple minutes because of the initial setup, but after that startup is pretty fast.

Screen looks good even from 170 degree angles.

3D for me so far seemed odd, almost had a blurred feel to it, but I was watching its on the only 3D channel we have (Discovery 3D) need to try a blu-ray and see what it's like. the Passive 3D glasses of course feel movie theater cheap, but all they are is two polarized lenses so not too much you can do about that.

So far it works pretty good, need to find some 4K content to try out though

This thread needs pictures. Lots of pictures!

This thread needs pictures. Lots of pictures!

What would you like to see? I'm in the process of installing it right now, so I can take anything you'd like to see...

I'm doing a wall mount with a Sanus LL11-B1 mount the mount is only 1/2" deep so it's pretty flat with the wall, but the 3/4" standoffs  do move it out some, and you almost need them anyways to run the wires even though I have a recessed wall box / hdmi and other ports in the recess also.

What would you like to see? I'm in the process of installing it right now, so I can take anything you'd like to see...

I'm doing a wall mount with a Sanus LL11-B1 mount the mount is only 1/2" deep so it's pretty flat with the wall, but the 3/4" standoffs  do move it out some, and you almost need them anyways to run the wires even though I have a recessed wall box / hdmi and other ports in the recess also.

Everything possible. Not many people have 4K TVs so show it off. There's a promotion going on for a 4K Samsung 55inch TV at a very nice price point. I'm fighting some strong demons.

Everything possible. Not many people have 4K TVs so show it off. There's a promotion going on for a 4K Samsung 55inch TV at a very nice price point. I'm fighting some strong demons.

the panel it self is thin, it's about 2" deep at the deepest point... the bezel on this thin is TINY it's pretty amazing how close they got the screen to the edge..

but it is heaver then I expected, the panel is 55 lbs, which isn't bad for a 49" TV but hanging it on the wall as a single person and trying to find the bracket mount when you can't see it :laugh:

You know, the only reason I bought this 4K TV was because it was only $1,499, the 50" Samsung I was looking at which was 1080p was $1,199 so figured eh 4K *LOL*

There is about a quarter second lag that I noticed with my Wii U when it's in normal processing mode now. If you have your Wii U game pad's sound turned on and watch the screen when it's mirroring a display, you hear the sound on the pad first then a quarter second later the echo if it on the TV.

I turned Game mode on and that went 100% away, so you definitely want to set game mode on this TV. I think it has 8 or so separate image processors it uses, and game mode turns them all off expect the 4K upscale.

It'd be great if you could post some pictures. 

I'd love to see how you mounted it, the screen it self (from every angle :P) and what content looks like on it. 

Thanks in advance. :D

the only 4k stuff ive been able to find on the internet are free clips from various companies or studios. Ive found 2-3 4k movie trailers, like one for Elysium. Also, there's a short movie called 'Tears of Steel' that you can download in 4k too.

Wish I could get the Youtube app on the TV to play at 4K... can't find anything to change the resolution, and everything that Youtube has at 4K on this app shows as 1080.. they must of not made the app work with 4K Youtube content...

I found a few MP4 files with 4K demo content that I put on a USB drive and played them through their smartshare app, worked good and at 4K too

Initial shots

You can see how I had to put 3/4" standoffs on at the bottom the screen bumps out about 1/2" higher then the rest... the brackets I'm using goes all the way down to it so it got a bit hard to get around using them... more to come

post-47883-0-90523100-1403579870.jpg

post-47883-0-03162000-1403579874.jpg

post-47883-0-77593700-1403579877.jpg

post-47883-0-44594800-1403579880.jpg

Will have some close up screen shots hopefully tonight and some of the menus so you can see the resolution clarity..

I think the OS itself is not 4K, it is slightly blury like it's an up converted 1080p, but the video picture when at 4K is 100% crystal clear and the detail is amazing

Will have some close up screen shots hopefully tonight and some of the menus so you can see the resolution clarity..

I think the OS itself is not 4K, it is slightly blury like it's an up converted 1080p, but the video picture when at 4K is 100% crystal clear and the detail is amazing

Yeah, I agree with you the WebOS is scaled up to 4K but is not native which is rather odd. Perhaps a firmware update down the pipeline will fix this. neofuse can you try to connect a HDMI source to HDMI 3 and tell me if it decodes audio. I have tried and got video on that input, just no audio. I know it states 10bit input, not sure if the audio path needs to be an uncompressed audio format. 

Yeah, I agree with you the WebOS is scaled up to 4K but is not native which is rather odd. Perhaps a firmware update down the pipeline will fix this. neofuse can you try to connect a HDMI source to HDMI 3 and tell me if it decodes audio. I have tried and got video on that input, just no audio. I know it states 10bit input, not sure if the audio path needs to be an uncompressed audio format. 

I have my blu-ray attached to HDMI3 and it works fine

I have my blu-ray attached to HDMI3 and it works fine

I tried my X1 Comcast box on that input and got no audio, strange, I will connect one of my rigs and test.

There is some problem with the Comcast X1 Companion box. My rigs works fine with audio decoding via the HDMI 3 input. 

Initial shots

You can see how I had to put 3/4" standoffs on at the bottom the screen bumps out about 1/2" higher then the rest... the brackets I'm using goes all the way down to it so it got a bit hard to get around using them... more to come

I love it! This is one awesome TV! :)

There is some problem with the Comcast X1 Companion box. My rigs works fine with audio decoding via the HDMI 3 input. 

Wonder what HDMI spec the X1 box supports, I have Comcast, but I turned all my boxes in for TiVo boxes that I own so I don't have one to test... maybe their HDMI spec isn't right... I know I had problems with old ScientificAtlanta / Cisco boxes Comcast put out with audio over HDMI on my old Samsung LCD's

Wonder what HDMI spec the X1 box supports, I have Comcast, but I turned all my boxes in for TiVo boxes that I own so I don't have one to test... maybe their HDMI spec isn't right... I know I had problems with old ScientificAtlanta / Cisco boxes Comcast put out with audio over HDMI on my old Samsung LCD's

Could possibly be, this is a Pace box, now Comcast is migrating to all Arris made STB's now. God even with my Tivo accommodation yikes it is pricey. The new X1 platform is pretty nice, I like it better than Tivo's interface since they have launched X1. I don't know why Tivos take soo long to boot, even the premier units take for ever to boot. 

Could possibly be, this is a Pace box, now Comcast is migrating to all Arris made STB's now. God even with my Tivo accommodation yikes it is pricey. The new X1 platform is pretty nice, I like it better than Tivo's interface since they have launched X1. I don't know why Tivos take soo long to boot, even the premier units take for ever to boot. 

they have all kinds of junk loading and delays coded into the boot of their Linux distro..... a lot of the boot time is artificial to give components time to initialize

they have all kinds of junk loading and delays coded into the boot of their Linux distro..... a lot of the boot time is artificial to give components time to initialize

Aye, makes since, you would think in this day of age it still would not take that long to boot. Hell my HD home run prime only takes 30 seconds to initialize and then I can run with Media Center

• 4 months later...

Old post but just got this TV recently and loving it too. Some firmware updates later and it's pretty nice! I got the 55" version however but same thing in the end.