Bullet Proof Blankets For Kids

I am from the UK and I find it so sad that this is the world that some kids live in.

The same people who are against gun control are the same people who say that "even if one child is saved it is worth doing it" when it comes to destroying rights for privacy, etc. If gun control laws can save just one childs life are they not worth it too? I just don't understand it :no:

More gun control won't change a thing.  If people are determined to kill, they will find a means, regardless the tool used. 

More gun control won't change a thing.  If people are determined to kill, they will find a means, regardless the tool used. 

People will always find a way, but gun control makes that way much harder and leads to less deaths in the process.

Gun control does work - Australia is proof of that.

Ban ammunition? How would hunters hunt? How would police stock their firearms?

You can own guns here in Australia. It just is heavily restricted and regulated. You have to have a very good reason why you need a gun and "self-defense" is not one of them.

People here own guns for hunting and sport. So no different. Just restrict access to ammo.

Police have their own "procedures" for guns. Officers are strictly monitored and regulated in the use of guns.

Crazy! That's where we've gotten to... it's easier to purchase $1000 bullet proof blankets than regulate guns...

Guns are regulated.... unless they are bought on the black market or stolen.

Guns are regulated.... unless they are bought on the black market or stolen.

Current regulatiion is a joke... Anyone can walk into a walmart and get a gun.

There are different psyhological tests that the government can implement. You do go to DMV to pass a driving test before they give you a driving license.

Why not have a shrink test, and evaluate every single persone that wants to purchase a gun. Also all gun owners should register their guns each year, just like we register our vehicles. That will lower or regulate resale of weapons.... Where do you think all the black market guns are coming from.....

I think the obvious solution is to ban schools. Can't have school shootings if we don't have schools now can we?

Government wants us all stupid anyways so it's a double win.

Wow, 44 shootings in 14 months,

SCHOOL SHOOTINGS IN AMERICA SINCE DECEMBER 15, 2012

DATE CITY SCHOOL AGE OF SHOOTER(S)

1. 1/08/2013 Fort Myers FL Apostolic Revival Center Christian School unknown

2. 1/10/2013 Taft CA Taft Union High School 16

3. 1/15/2013 St. Louis MO Stevens Institute of Business & Arts 34

4. 1/15/2013 Hazard KY Hazard Community and Technical College 21

5. 1/16/2013 Chicago IL Chicago State University 32, 29

6. 1/22/2013 Houston TX Lone Star College North Harris Campus 22

7. 1/31/2013 Atlanta GA Price Middle School 15

8. 2/13/2013 San Leandro CA Hillside Elementary School unknown

9. 2/27/2013 Atlanta GA Henry W. Grady HS 17

10. 3/18/2013 Orlando FL University of Central Florida 30

11. 3/21/2013 Southgate MI Davidson Middle School 13

12. 4/13/2013 Elizabeth City NC Elizabeth City State University unknown

13. 4/15/2013 Grambling LA Grambling State University unknown

14. 4/29/2013 Cincinnati OH La Salle High School 17

15. 6/7/2013 Santa Monica CA Santa Monica College 23

16. 6/19/2013 W. Palm Beach FL Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts 53

17. 8/15/2013 Clarksville TN Northwest High School unknown

18. 8/20/2013 Decatur GA Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy 20

19. 8/22/2013 Memphis TN Westside Elementary School 5

20. 8/23/2013 Sardis MS North Panola High School 17, 21, 21

21. 8/30/2013 Winston-Salem NC Carver High School 18

22. 9/28/2013 Gray ME New Gloucester High School 19

23. 10/4/2013 Pine Hills FL Agape Christian Academy 17

24. 10/15/2013 Austin TX Lanier High School 16

25. 10/21/2013 Sparks NV Sparks Middle School 12

26. 11/1/2013 Algona IA Algona High/Middle School 23

27. 11/2/2013 Greensboro NC North Carolina A&T State University unknown

28. 11/3/2013 Stone Mountain GA Stephenson High School unknown

29. 11/21/2013 Rapid City SD South Dakota School of Mines & Technology 37

30. 12/4/2013 Winter Garden FL West Orange High School 17

31. 12/13/2013 Arapahoe County CO Arapahoe High School 18

32. 1/9/2014 Jackson TN Liberty Technology Magnet HS 16

33. 1/14/2014 Roswell NM Berrendo Middle School 12

34. 1/15/2014 Lancaster PA Martin Luther King Jr. ES unknown

35. 1/17/2014 Philadelphia PA Delaware Valley Charter HS 17

36. 1/20/2014 Chester PA Widener University unknown

37. 1/21/2014 West Lafayette IN Purdue University 23

38. 1/24/2014 Orangeburg SC South Carolina State University 19

39. 1/28/2014 Nashville TN Tennessee State University unknown

40. 1/28/2014 Grambling LA Grambling State University unknown

41. 1/30/2014 Palm Bay FL Eastern Florida State College 24

42. 1/31/2014 Phoenix AZ Cesar Chavez High School unknown

43. 2/7/2014 Bend OR Bend High School unknown

44. 2/10/2014 Salisbury NC Salisbury High School unknown

Wow, 44 shootings in 14 months,

That is just insane to me. It's really sad how this colorful backpack is the "solution" to this epidemic.

That is just insane to me. It's really sad how this colorful backpack is the "solution" to this epidemic.

NRA should lobby for child friendly guns, so that the children can defend themselves.

It comes down to people living in fear from the government and from other potential threath, and thinking that owning guns can somehow protect them or give them the tools to deffend their freedom. It's in the 2nd amendment of the US constitution, written in the late 18th century... something that was needed at that time but never evolved because of the money involved in the business.

Gun manufacturers love for everyone to own guns and look at guns as a necessity... more guns on the streets, more money for them...

The point being is that neither of the political parties will ever do anything against it... or to even regulate it would be the same as cutting the hand that feeds you, so it's much easier to keep people living in fear and telling them that their god given consitutional right is to own a gun...

I never understood why folks think the personal guns are going to help people defend them from a government take over or some form of brutality. Seriously a lot of good guns will do against tanks, missiles and bazookas. The 2nd amendment is pointless. No matter what weapon you have someone can easily get something more powerful.

NRA should lobby for child friendly guns, so that the children can defend themselves.

Kinda ironic and sad... I was always a fan of anime and manga and in a time these shootings were not so common I imagined this comedic scenario where students of all ages would go to school carrying the most absurd types of guns, a common prank would be a rival room setting up a nuke and class would not start before the kids turned it off... I guess it would be of terrible taste nowadays...

I think we should be focused more on teaching kids that it's not OK to shoot people because you're unpopular, and implementing effective methods of stopping shooters ASAP when they do get inside the school.  There's a reason it's illegal for anybody under the age of 21 to buy a handgun; they're still trying to deal with a lot of hormones and figure out what they're going to do after high school.  These blankets just look like something that is using fear to sell a product that may or may not work.  Sure if somebody is at a distance, using a handgun, and not to the sides of the students, they might stop a bullet, but even then kids will fall over and panic and expose themselves, the ones that take a hit on the blanket will suffer severe bruising and possibly internal bleeding, etc., not to mention the fact that just about any rifle caliber would punch clean through that thing without even thinking about it.  I think there are better ways to handle the problems we have.  These guys are just trying to use fear to make money.  Ya know what I think would be a better option?  Replace classroom windows with bullet-proof glass, and replace doors with steel bullet-proof doors with secondary locks in addition to the knob that the shooter couldn't just shoot out, and maybe even an armed guard or two.  That way "if" something does go down, all kids would have to do is get into a classroom and lock the door and let the guards handle the shooter.