12 posts in this topic

If Vic Mignogna bears a passing resemblance to James Tiberius Kirk, there?s a reason for it: with a group of like-minded fans and a whole lot of attention to detail, he?s executive-producing (and directing, and starring in) Star Trek Continues, a fan project that extends the show?s original mid-?60s CBS run another two seasons. The Trekkers have reproduced everything from costumes to lighting to the flight bridge of the USS Enterprise, all in an aim to help realize the show?s five-year mission. Our new video series ?Obsessed? has its own five-part mission: to tell the tale of Mignogna?s passion project, and keep you entertained along the way. The first two episodes are here, and subsequent installments will appear on WIRED?s YouTube channel. Live long and prosper, y?all.

More and Source with Videos

Star Trek Continues YouTube Channel with first two episodes and some video shorts

Wired YouTube Channel

I'm so excited I could almost squeal, getting ready to sit down and watch the first two episodes right now,  :D  :woot:  :laugh:

1 person likes this

The asian guy from Mythbusters is Sulu, and they got Chris Doohan, son of James Doohan, the original Scotty, to play Scotty!  The new Kirk is taking some getting used to though, but I'm only just now getting past the video shorts.

I love Star Trek.  I hate Star Trek with Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner).  His leadership/character is very annoying.  One of the most retarded captain in relative to any show that ever existed.  Every single episode, him and all the other alien women would have a piece of him.  His decision are dumb and annoying to even think about the reasons behind it.  It is very hard for me to try to grasp why people love him so much.  Every other Star Trek captain REALLY shows the leadership.

I enjoy Deep Space Nine, The Next Generation, Voyager, and Enterprise.  Those are the good ones.  Star Trek original is very annoying to watch.  Only Spok is tolerable because he's not machoistic like Kirk.  His logic are sometimes erroneous though.  And yeah ships computer has a lot of flashing lights that blink for no reason.  And then there's the binocular.  And the computer has a ton of mechanical buttons.  Not so futuristic :p

Hope you enjoy the show... I will pass.

1 person likes this

I love Star Trek.  I hate Star Trek with Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner).  His leadership/character is very annoying.  One of the most retarded captain in relative to any show that ever existed.  Every single episode, him and all the other alien women would have a piece of him.  His decision are dumb and annoying to even think about the reasons behind it.  It is very hard for me to try to grasp why people love him so much.  Every other Star Trek captain REALLY shows the leadership.

I enjoy Deep Space Nine, The Next Generation, Voyager, and Enterprise.  Those are the good ones.  Star Trek original is very annoying to watch.  Only Spok is tolerable because he's not machoistic like Kirk.  His logic are sometimes erroneous though.  And yeah ships computer has a lot of flashing lights that blink for no reason.  And then there's the binocular.  And the computer has a ton of mechanical buttons.  Not so futuristic :p

Blasphemer!  Off with his head!

post-125978-0-56756300-1402725951.jpg

1 person likes this

Just finished both of the episodes.  I'll have to admit the first episode, and the first minute or so of the 2nd episode, I felt really awkward.  I think however, it was the transition to new actors.  It felt really odd seeing somebody other than William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Deforest Kelley, James Doohan, and all the original actors on screen.  However, a minute or so into episode 2 I got really into it and just kind of forgot that they were different people.  Looking back at them, they were both really good episodes that any fan of the original series would enjoy.

Star Trek Phase 2 is the definitive fan continuation of TOS.  They've even had original and TNG cast members appear in episodes, as well as original set designers and story writers.

1 person likes this

You have to look at it from a 1960's point of view. For them, Trek WAS very futuristic and Kirk was the ideal captain.  You just cannot make a direct comparison between that and a show that came 20-30 years later.

lol Gerowen... sorry bud... :p

Star Trek Phase 2 is the definitive fan continuation of TOS.  They've even had original and TNG cast members appear in episodes, as well as original set designers and story writers.

Thanks for the link.  Never knew of this show... I will download and watch...

Bump...

Thanks FloatingFatMan, but it does not look like I will be enjoying Phase 2... a bit too cheesie... the farther the episode is set in time, the more flawed the show seem to be... too many bad CGI... Not sure if I can call those bad/outdated graphics a CGI tho... But Phase 2 was something I never knew about...

Bump...

Thanks FloatingFatMan, but it does not look like I will be enjoying Phase 2... a bit too cheesie... the farther the episode is set in time, the more flawed the show seem to be... too many bad CGI... Not sure if I can call those bad/outdated graphics a CGI tho... But Phase 2 was something I never knew about...

Bear in mind it's an amateur production made with zero budget.  Things like the CGI are just the petty details, and not really important.

They just released episode 3, and it's pretty good.

I'll have to check out "Phase 2", I had never heard of it.  That's pretty awesome that they have original cast members on it though, :-)

Here's episode 3 of "Star Trek Continues".

The videos wouldn't work on their website, but found the Star Trek Phase II channel on YouTube, if anybody is interested, :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkxwocDze43XGhvUptIRFQ