Microsoft is not playing nice at all

Question

Hi guys,

Just thought this might be something someone may have some input on.  I attempt to install Visual Studio and Microsoft wants Internet Explorer 10 to work.  Why must Microsoft go all out to create everything for IE only.  What do you guys think of this?

I just think they doing rope jumping on this one.  Here's the picture.  Let me know what you think.

post-956-0-72492000-1403207693.png

Visual Studio 2013: Known issues when IE10 is not installed

8 answers to this question

IE10 :)

Max Norris:  I was editting the post to include that link you provide and after I did that, I saw your post with same link :)  But yeah I hope Visual Studio works ok without the IE10

You know... there is one big reason why they want IE10... it's because Visual Studio does use MSHTML.dll for some stuff, and they want it on a specific version

What are they doing wrong? A newer version of Visual Studio working with a newer version of IE... Not sure I see the problem. IE 11 isn't a requirement.

Hi guys,

Just thought this might be something someone may have some input on.  I attempt to install Visual Studio and Microsoft wants Internet Explorer 10 to work.  Why must Microsoft go all out to create everything for IE only.  What do you guys think of this?

I just think they doing rope jumping on this one.  Here's the picture.  Let me know what you think.

attachicon.gifRopeJumpTrick.PNG

Visual Studio 2013: Known issues when IE10 is not installed

It's not a big deal. Some features might not work but there shouldn't be any showstoppers. SQL Server warns you if IIS isn't installed because avcouple of features require it but it's never caused me a problem.

The warning is useful because it tells you about an issue up front.

What do you guys think of this?

I think since you can't get rid of IE from a Windows machine anyway, you might as well keep your version up to date, even if you don't actually use it.

I really don't see why anyone would make a fuss over this.

It's not a big deal. Some features might not work but there shouldn't be any showstoppers. SQL Server warns you if IIS isn't installed because avcouple of features require it but it's never caused me a problem.

The warning is useful because it tells you about an issue up front.

Oh ok... I guess that is a good thing...

neufuse:  Thanks... I will remember that... I'll make sure to ask you questions when I run into problems with VS... You seem to know your VS.

Dot Matrix:  dunno... I thought they just pulling some trick up their sleeves... just my naive view of things I guess...