Linux Mint 17 Graphics problems

I am running Linux 17 with Typical Intel HD 4000 graphics powered by intel I7 3537u. Not a big gamer or need anything extreme. However I play light games on Linux such as  Super Tux Kart and with the grapics set up it is SO jerky. However I tested Super Tux Kart on windows 8 and it runs very smooth. I tried to install Intel HD drivers but says it only supports Ubuntu and Fedora. Would of thought that Linux Mint had drivers pre installed for typical HD 4000. Any suggestions from anyone?

It would also make google earth run smoother to.

There must be some sort of solution as Linux Mint is a very big distro. If it is somewhat not to complicated I will try it. If not I might have to break down and try Fedora ( dont like ubuntu because you cant put the menu bar on the bottom with its new UI they did 1 year or 2 ago and dont like that ).

I tried to install Intel HD drivers but says it only supports Ubuntu and Fedora. Would of thought that Linux Mint had drivers pre installed for typical HD 4000. Any suggestions from anyone?

Linux Mint 17 is a version of Ubuntu, with tweaks. Have you tried installing the Intel drivers?

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/05/confirmed-next-3-linux-mint-releases.html

Yes I am aware it is a tweak of Ubuntu so thought it would be supported like most Ubuntu derivatives.  I downloaded the program from Intels website and it said that my distribution is not supported. I have also read on various websites that other people have had this problem as well even though its based off Ubuntu.

Basically I need the drivers for things to run smoothly not just for light gaming.

If I am having trouble with a common graphics chip I am sure many more people are having them as well?

Ubuntu and Linux Mint have a pretty extensive driver base. If your computer CPU, graphics card, or other configuration does not function correctly, you can try a live CD with Fedora, SuSE, or even a different DM such as XFCE or Fluxbox. Then you can see if the processing speed is more to your liking. Keep in mind that it is CD run, so there will be some lag until you actually install it to your hard drive. Different distros are packaged differently, even though they all have Linux under the hood.

BTW, you can download Ubuntu based on Gnome or another DM so the menu bar can be wherever you want it. I use Xubuntu and the menu is docked at the bottom using Cairo.

http://glx-dock.org/

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/05/install-cairo-dock-301-in-ubuntulinux.html

what kernel do you have?

also try running this then try tux racer again

export vblank_mode=0 

Ok I will try that next time I am booted in Linux. I dont know the Kernal I just know that it is the Latest edition of Linux Mint called 17 that just came out a few days ago.

It is not just games I did some command in the terminal that did some spinning 3d gears and FPS one guy said was really bad specially for the video card I had.

yeah woul dhave been glxgears?

try the command and run it again, should help