Anybody have experience pairing a console controller to their Android phone?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody owns an XBOX360/1 or PS3/4 and has tried pairing the controller to their phone, or even tried connecting it via USB. I'm assuming the Playstation one might be easier to connect directly over bluetooth?

Also, by extension, has anyone had any experience with the extremely cheap Chinese aftermarket PS3 controllers? I'm talking <$15. How horrible are they compared to the real thing?

Thanks!

I have connected my PS3 and PS4 controller to my Android phone and tablet.

I needed a Micro USB OTG to pair it no matter what, even if I do use Bluetooth, I still had to plug it in initially, so could be you need to do the same.

I paired a Wii Mote to my old HTC Desire over bluetooth, here's a little walkthrough i made of it back in 2011: Use a Wii Mote on your Android device

I've also connected a wired Xbox 360 controller to my Asus Transformer Prime tablet over USB (the tablet had a USB port) the controller worked out the box in games that supported a gamepad.

I believe apps also exist to connect a PS3 controller over bluetooth. Hope that's some help, it can certainly be done anyway, without root.