New Evidence Reveals GA Dad Accused of Killing Son May Have Left Him in Hot Car on Purpose

Im, literally, laughing out because you all think there is such thing as civilized societies and that these, somewhat, are the zenith of human desires. Read Freud's 'Civilization and Its Discontents'.

As for the penalty, if it's more expensive to kill him I think it's only rational and pragmatical to leave him alive but to force him to do heavy community service by day and total lock down by night. I mean, if we are totally to embrace Foucault's total display of power as discipline might as well use it for pragmatical reasons = less expense, more results, more punishment for him.

Work release for a child murderer? You've gotta be freaking kidding!?! That's what you get for writing a bad check, not taking a babies entire life from him.

Sheesh....

• Like 1

Work release for a child murderer? You've gotta be freaking kidding!?!

Who said about release? He would be heavily supervised. There's even an option to implement a production line indoor at jails.

Talk to Egyptians if this 'work release' of yours was a reward.

Thing is, baby killers are one of my screaming red hot buttons. Seen too many little ones dumped in scalding/boiling water, microwaved, chopped up etc.

I have to say, now having an 18-month old little girl has made me cringe at stories like this.  I can't even begin to comprehend how a father could do this to his child.

What Earth are you on?

This man clearly does not value human life. He does not deserve to have his.

I will find myself annoyed when sensitive people make the argument that the death penalty is wrong for this man.

Humans are replaceable and very easy to make. Get rid of the ###### ones, and take the quality over quantity approach.

Tolerance and handicaps make us weak.

Well it sure does sound like you don't value human life either. In fact your logic is exactly a killer's logic.

Im, literally, laughing out because you all think there is such thing as civilized societies and that these, somewhat, are the zenith of human desires. Read Freud's 'Civilization and Its Discontents'.

As for the penalty, if it's more expensive to kill him I think it's only rational and pragmatical to leave him alive but to force him to do heavy community service by day and total lock down by night. I mean, if we are totally to embrace Foucault's total display of power as discipline might as well use it for pragmatical reasons = less expense, more results, more punishment for him.

You mean enslave him?  Unacceptable.

How about we just let the state of Georgia decide his penalty based upon their laws.

"heavy community service" here would be outside the prison, as in doing it IN the community.

You can do CS from isolation. By definition CS is an activity that benefits community, that's all. I'm not talking about him walking dogs, building cheap houses or help granny to cross the street.

Make the ######er refine raw materials, or mix heavy industrial compounds (in totally isolated rooms), etc. Make them do dangerous and bad paid ?without the pay, of course?.

You mean enslave him?  Unacceptable.

How about we just let the state of Georgia decide his penalty based upon their laws.

Yeah, let's think about his rights, poor guy.

I'm a liberal, but I think someone resigns his individual rights the moment he decides to privates someone from theirs. Specially someone who cant defend theirs rights, like an infant.

So yes, Georgia will decide his faith, but this has become an speculation thread, so let me speculate based on reason and leave your morality for yourself. After all I'm interested in pragmatism, not moralism.

<snippedd>

Yeah, let's think about his rights, poor guy.

I'm a liberal, but I think someone resigns his individual rights the moment he decides to privates someone from theirs. Specially someone who cant defend theirs rights, like an infant.

So yes, Georgia will decide his faith, but this has become an speculation thread, so let me speculate based on reason and leave your morality for yourself. After all I'm interested in pragmatism, not moralism.

Morality, no, justice yes.  You talk about being pragmatic, but then inject emotions into your stance.  Of course, speculate all you want, which however, is not very pragmatic of you.

Morality, no, justice yes.  You talk about being pragmatic, but then inject emotions into your stance.  Of course, speculate all you want, which however, is not very pragmatic of you.

If you think speculation is not pragmatic then you should think philosophy it's a waste of time.

And what emotions? I called him a f*cker just to empathize with the overall sentiment and because it's unethical ?in the biological sense? what he did. However my solution it's pragmatic: you don't spend a lot for his executions while also you don't reward his deeds.

Do you have a better idea?

It costs more to execute people than it does to keep them in jail for life, so by that logic you must oppose the death penalty right?

i don't know if what you are saying is true. But for the sake of arguement, lets assume you are correct. 

I bet if you ask the dad if he wants to live or die, he would say live. Why would you give him a reward for killing his son in a extremely cruel way?

If you think speculation is not pragmatic then you should think philosophy it's a waste of time.

And what emotions? I called him a f*cker just to empathize with the overall sentiment and because it's unethical ?in the biological sense? what he did. However my solution it's pragmatic: you don't spend a lot for his executions while also you don't reward his deeds.

Do you have a better idea?

Should think?  Are you really that arrogant?

The emotion evoked when discerning between a child's death and any other.

I haven't called for his execution, it would involve years of trials and appeals and cost.  Better to have him spend the rest of his days contemplating what he has done and where he will be for the rest of his life.

Should think?  Are you really that arrogant?

Yes... so?

Better to have him spend the rest of his days contemplating what he has done and where he will be for the rest of his life.

And where that would be, exactly?

And how this benefit us?

If you're going to spend money securing this man's life then make it an investment, not a three stars hotel.

I see you failed to paste or address the second part of my post.  :rolleyes:

Classic deflection. You were literally advocating strapping a man down inside a car in extreme heat until he dies. That is utter barbarism and has no place in any civilised society. If you genuinely believe that is reasonable then I have nothing more to say to you.  :no:

• Like 2

It costs more to execute people than it does to keep them in jail for life [...]

I actually would love to see the source for that if you have it

Yeah, because that's how a civilised society reacts to abhorrent crimes.  :rolleyes:

You talk a lot about "civilised society", as if you are on expert on the matter.  In civilised society, people don't intentionally leave small children locked inside a car while they slowly cook to death.  Can you imagine the thoughts that were going through that child's mind as it slowly, painfully drew it's last breath, unable to free itself and escape the torture?  Imagine somebody tying you down and doing that to you.  He even came back to the car during his lunch break, and continued leaving the child in there afterward.  You can't tell me that he accidentally forgot the child in there TWICE.  In my mind, a civilised society should not tolerate behavior like this.  Civilised does not always mean pacifist, as some people seem to think.  My only reservations about applying the death penalty are the financial cost.  Having a child myself makes me loathe people like this.

On the other hand though, maybe it's natural selection at work.  This guy is obviously a weaker member of the species, and doesn't need to be passing his genetics onto future generations.  I just wish he had figured that out himself instead of torturing and murdering a helpless child.

• Like 1

Yes... so?

And where that would be, exactly?

And how this benefit us?

If you're going to spend money securing this man's life then make it an investment, not a three stars hotel.

Well if I remember correctly that arrogance made you look foolish one time.  Remember your claim while defending Kanye West and the art exhibit in Venice?  :yes:

In prison, of course, where else, and prison is not some 3 star accommodation.

Does it benefit us to execute the man just because we can?  On an emotional level, for many, yes.

If Georgia law allows for it, then life without parole in one of Georgia State Prison "country clubs".   Where, as I said, he can think about what he did to his son for the rest of his life.

Well if I remember correctly that arrogance made you look foolish one time. Remember your claim while defending Kanye West and the art exhibit in Venice? :yes:

Does it benefit us to execute the man just because we can? On an emotional level, for many, yes.

In prison, of course, where else, and prison is not some 3 star accommodation.

If Georgia law allows for it, then life without parole in one of Georgia State Prison "country clubs". Where, as I said, he can think about what he did to his son for the rest of his life.

Oh yes, what an important leason I learnt! I was wrong once so I should just not express my opinion the rest of my life.

And where did I called for his execution?

You talk a lot about "civilised society", as if you are on expert on the matter.  In civilised society, people don't intentionally leave small children locked inside a car while they slowly cook to death.  Can you imagine the thoughts that were going through that child's mind as it slowly, painfully drew it's last breath, unable to free itself and escape the torture?

A civilised society will always have uncivilised individuals, those who operate outside the law and pose a danger to those around them. However, justice should not be based on emotion but on reason, on an objective analysis of the evidence based on what is in the best interests of society as a whole. A society should not sink to the level of its lowest members when delivering justice - it has to operate beyond that.

As for what the child was thinking, given that a child of that age has only very basic language skills and rudimentary thought processes the answer is 'probably not very much' and certainly nothing akin to what you or I would feel. But that's probably not the answer you were expecting.

• Like 2

I think he should definitely get punishment in some form for this, but not jail necessarily. We sentence people to jail if they are a threat to society, not sure this guy is, but hes already going to be living with the guilt of this

Oh yes, what an important leason I learnt! I was wrong once so I should just not express my opinion the rest of my life.

And where did I called for his execution?

That is not very pragmatic of you.  ;)

I didn't say you did.

I think he should definitely get punishment in some form for this, but not jail necessarily. We sentence people to jail if they are a threat to society, not sure this guy is, but hes already going to be living with the guilt of this

... wut?

not a threat? He planned out killing his child by essentially cooking him...

You don't cook chickens while they're still alive (hopefully), why would you think cooking a child isn't bad enough for jail time?

A civilised society will always have uncivilised individuals, those who operate outside the law and pose a danger to those around them. However, justice should not be based on emotion but on reason, on an objective analysis of the evidence based on what is in the best interests of society as a whole. A society should not sink to the level of its lowest members when delivering justice - it has to operate beyond that.

As for what the child was thinking, given that a child of that age has only very basic language skills and rudimentary thought processes the answer is 'probably not very much' and certainly nothing akin to what you or I would feel. But that's probably not the answer you were expecting.

Pretty sure the kid would be able to feel himself heating up, even if he didn't understand why. It would be extremely uncomfortable, and as such, we should make this scumbags life as uncomfortable as possible until he rots like the pile of garbage he is. =)

That is not very pragmatic of you. ;)

I didn't say you did.

You dont know what pragmatic means, do you?

Then I dont know what you're arguing about.