New Evidence Reveals GA Dad Accused of Killing Son May Have Left Him in Hot Car on Purpose

... wut?

not a threat? He planned out killing his child by essentially cooking him...

You don't cook chickens while they're still alive (hopefully), why would you think cooking a child isn't bad enough for jail time?

Pretty sure the kid would be able to feel himself heating up, even if he didn't understand why. It would be extremely uncomfortable, and as such, we should make this scumbags life as uncomfortable as possible until he rots like the pile of garbage he is. =)

Lets see how it plays out first and see if he is fact proven guilty or not guilty 

You dont know what pragmatic means, do you?

Then I dont know what you're arguing about.

Yes, I do know.  I guess now I should ask the same question just to look smart like you.  :rolleyes:

Simply stating my position as it relates to the thread.

Lets see how it plays out first and see if he is fact proven guilty or not guilty 

I'm all for it, the mass media are a bunch of ###### disturbing ###### monkeys.

But you really have to wonder, why officials would purportedly say that he was searching how long it takes to kill an animal in a hot car, and how in the hell he wouldn't notice his child in the backseat, not just once, but confirmed as TWICE, or possibly even more times. There is a SLIGHT chance, he didn't look in the backseat during his lunch break, but I usually sit in my vehicle next to the river at lunch, and I'm constantly tossing stuff back there, trying to find something.... I find it highly unlikely that he's innocent.

Yes, I do know. I guess now I should ask the same question just to look smart like you. :rolleyes:

Simply stating my position as it relates to the thread.

Then whats your position? Its not clear to me. You're arguing against death penalty, I do too. The difference is that I think the pragmatic thing to do is to force him to do production labor. Contemplative isolation benefits no one.

Then whats your position? Its not clear to me. You're arguing against death penalty, I do too. The difference is that I think the pragmatic thing to do is to force him to do production labor. Contemplative isolation benefits no one.

I have stated my position.  Please reread my posts.  At this point continuing this back and forth with you has now become tedious and unproductive.  We each have our own thoughts/opinions regarding this event and for me that's all I have to add.

Its always interesting to see which people are advocating extreme torture and incredibly painful deaths, yet are in threads where Muslims have killed somebody for breaking their laws, condemning the death sentence whilst simultaneously suggesting mass genocide by "glassing the entire middle east".

• Like 2

I'm all for it, the mass media are a bunch of ###### disturbing ###### monkeys.

But you really have to wonder, why officials would purportedly say that he was searching how long it takes to kill an animal in a hot car, and how in the hell he wouldn't notice his child in the backseat, not just once, but confirmed as TWICE, or possibly even more times. There is a SLIGHT chance, he didn't look in the backseat during his lunch break, but I usually sit in my vehicle next to the river at lunch, and I'm constantly tossing stuff back there, trying to find something.... I find it highly unlikely that he's innocent.

I've been listening to the radio talk shows in the morning. Its pretty amazing though how many parents called in saying they forgotten their child in some fashion similar to this (not a whole day though). Also the number of parents that said if the child seat was facing backwards that it would be easy to forget. 

Then of course there are the parents that called in said that their kids are never off their mind

Classic deflection. You were literally advocating strapping a man down inside a car in extreme heat until he dies. That is utter barbarism and has no place in any civilised society. If you genuinely believe that is reasonable then I have nothing more to say to you.  :no:

At least you're an astute observer of that part of the conversation.

It costs more to execute people than it does to keep them in jail for life, so by that logic you must oppose the death penalty right?

That's because of appeals, the time they take, the costs to keep the person in prison during the whole process. That's where the costs exceed. 

As for the whole "civilized society" argument, that's a subjective view. 

A civilised society will always have uncivilised individuals, those who operate outside the law and pose a danger to those around them. However, justice should not be based on emotion but on reason, on an objective analysis of the evidence based on what is in the best interests of society as a whole. A society should not sink to the level of its lowest members when delivering justice - it has to operate beyond that.

As for what the child was thinking, given that a child of that age has only very basic language skills and rudimentary thought processes the answer is 'probably not very much' and certainly nothing akin to what you or I would feel. But that's probably not the answer you were expecting.

I have a son, and I can tell you from personal experience that at 22 months old they are very much conscious, breathing, thinking human beings.  They are capable of being happy, sad, they recognize faces, and they are capable of feeling pain.  You're almost excusing what he did because the child, to you, wasn't a real human yet.

At 22 months old, they have their own personality, their own wants and desires.  They are constantly learning because they are literally brand new to the world, but having watched my own child grow, I have actually observed child development instead of just googling the stages of cognitive development, and I can tell you that at 22 months old, he may not have understood WHAT was happening, or been able to express it with language, (which probably made it that much more frustrating and frightening for him) but you can rest assured that he was completely aware of the heat and the pain until he lost consciousness, and it happened because his father was at the very least negligent if not malicious.

This is my little boy at 15 1/2 months old.  At this age he was already making a pretty valid attempt to speak when prompted, he was able to listen to and follow verbal instructions without physically touching him (Although in the video my wife is holding his hand to keep him from bumping his head when he goes down the slide), and in this video you see him experimenting with how to get back up to the top of the slides.  He was and is very human.  At 22 months of age (the age of the child in this story) he was saying some basic words, he was leading us around the house to ask us for things that he needed (milk in the fridge, a toy he couldn't reach, etc.), he was at least pretending to read some of his books, and he was very much aware of pain the time he got stung by a yellow jacket on the front porch.

Now tell me again why this guy shouldn't be drawn and quartered if it comes out that he did it on purpose.

I have a son, and I can tell you from personal experience that at 22 months old they are very much conscious, breathing, thinking human beings.  They are capable of being happy, sad, they recognize faces, and they are capable of feeling pain.  You're almost excusing what he did because the child, to you, wasn't a real human yet.

I am certainly not excusing it and it's concerning that you could construe otherwise, as the crime would be no different if it was carried out on an older child or adult. You simply asked what must be going through their mind and I pointed out that children at that age have rudimentary thought processes that are nearly entirely instinctive - I even provided a source to support my response. My answer was rational, not emotional.

Now tell me again why this guy shouldn't be drawn and quartered if it comes out that he did it on purpose.

Because it's utterly barbaric and has no place in any civilised society. In my eyes you are as bad as the man in question for suggesting that.

At 22 months old, they have their own personality, their own wants and desires.  They are constantly learning because they are literally brand new to the world, but having watched my own child grow, I have actually observed child development instead of just googling the stages of cognitive development, and I can tell you that at 22 months old, he may not have understood WHAT was happening, or been able to express it with language, (which probably made it that much more frustrating and frightening for him) but you can rest assured that he was completely aware of the heat and the pain until he lost consciousness, and it happened because his father was at the very least negligent if not malicious.

This is my little boy at 15 1/2 months old.  At this age he was already making a pretty valid attempt to speak when prompted, he was able to listen to and follow verbal instructions without physically touching him (Although in the video my wife is holding his hand to keep him from bumping his head when he goes down the slide), and in this video you see him experimenting with how to get back up to the top of the slides.  He was and is very human.  At 22 months of age (the age of the child in this story) he was saying some basic words, he was leading us around the house to ask us for things that he needed (milk in the fridge, a toy he couldn't reach, etc.), he was at least pretending to read some of his books, and he was very much aware of pain the time he got stung by a yellow jacket on the front porch.

You are obviously arguing with a liberal. You will get no where as they think they are experts on everything. This person is an obvious law expert, pediatric psychiatrist,civil engineer,etc. I have a few friends that are liberals and they sound, talk the same exact way. It's like there is a mold for them somewhere. Just look how "civilised" the cities are that are controlled by liberals.Start with Detroit....

The death of a child has turned into a lib vs con argument?  Are you freakin' kidding me.  What in the world is the matter with some of you?  :no:

• Like 2

:no: That's shocking. Nobody in a civilised society should be lining up to kill someone.

Are you going to donate you money to support him for the rest of his life?

The death of a child has turned into a lib vs con argument? Are you freakin' kidding me. What in the world is the matter with some of you? :no:

The death penalty isn't really a party issue anymore. Both camps are split.

madd-hatter, on 26 Jun 2014 - 07:46, said:

Humans are replaceable and very easy to make. Get rid of the ###### ones, and take the quality over quantity approach.

Tolerance and handicaps make us weak.

I seem to remember a certain German dictator saying the same thing....

Are you going to donate you money to support him for the rest of his life?

I already do, via taxation. So yes.

The death penalty isn't really a party issue anymore. Both camps are split.

I wasn't referring to it being a party issue, not even close.  I was commenting on the remarks made by you, xrobwx, etc., about "liberals".

Source: Police find search on hot car deadliness on computer in Georgia case

As investigators in Georgia looked into the death of a 22-month-old boy left seven hours in a sweltering SUV, they seized computers from the father's office, a source with knowledge of the investigation told HLN's Nancy Grace.

The officers found something startling: an online search for information about how long it takes animals to die in hot cars, the source said.

It's unknown when the Internet search was conducted and whether the father did the searching. Police have declined comment when asked about the computer search.

The father, Justin Ross Harris, was charged with murder and second-degree child cruelty. Police in Cobb County, just outside Atlanta, have been tight-lipped and haven't said if what they found on the computer is one of the reasons they arrested Harris.

More....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/justice/georgia-toddler-death-duplicate-2/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I wasn't referring to it being a party issue, not even close. I was commenting on the remarks made by you, xrobwx, etc., about "liberals".

If the shoe fits. Most of the woo-woo comments come from that side. The anti-d.p. conservatives tend to pose less emotional comments

If the shoe fits. Most of the woo-woo comments come from that side. The anti-d.p. conservatives tend to pose less emotional comments

Immature nonsense.

Doesn't appear to be the case in this thread.

Still the fact is, we have the death of a child by the neglect of a parent, and an investigation by law enforcement and possible ruling by the court if it was by accident or purposely done.

• Like 1