Hmm this looks familiar...

On the other hand, if it weren't for Google and Apple, who knows what Microsoft would actually come up with (after failing with tablets, phones and watches in the past). So I give credit to all three companies. Be optimistic!

This pretty much sums it up.

Given Google's track record, Google+, Google Wave, etc. I don't know if this is a good thing for MS. Could mean we're nearing the end of the Modern UI lifecycle.

/s

I wonder if Microsoft is planning to take any action. Last time we saw this, Samsung was in hot water with their Metro like UI.

Samsung-s-New-Android-UI-Looks-Just-Like

Software in a car does not make it a smart car.  Lots of other things that go in to it.

A licensed driver does not make it a smart car either. :p

AOL should sue both Microsoft and Google for stealing their design. AOL probably wouldn't win, but at least people would learn that they still exist!

AOL is dead... Steve Case has moved on to other companies.

Now AOL became Aol.   Which is lame.

AOL software still is at version 9.7 as mentioned on their website.  Not much changes since. 

If AOL isn't dead, then it would be version 12 or so by now.

Uhhhh, yeah they actually had a smart watch years back.  My Mustang has Microsoft software in it as well as any of the millions and millions of Fords on the road for the last 6 to 7 years..... lol 1 Smart car...... 

..............That's NOT a smart car.  Try a smart car that can drive itself with maps. Microsoft doesn't have that lol, which is what he is talking about

Not to pick nits, but Google's hardly the first at making a self-driving car, not really new either.

Really? show me a car that can drive itself when you input the address   through google maps,and is legal. 

Who cares about "Company X copy Company Y" crap.

It is all about the features available to you...  If you like Ford's features, then feel free to use it.

Otherwise, look elsewhere such as Dodge, etc...  for alternative features...

For example, when you buy a house, you have a list of the features you want in the house...

Not all houses do not have exact features that you wanted...    You have to look around and find a house that fits your needs then you can put addons/changes to the house so you can be satisfied with all the features in the house.

Remember, we have after market companies for the cars/trucks which you can change stuff that fit your needs.. Such as subwoofers, tint windows, body kits, etc.

Really? show me a car that can drive itself when you input the address   through google maps,and is legal.

Rather narrow limitations there.. I just said self driving, not with a bunch of conditions afterwards. That aside, Google not working for you? There's very early examples of self-driving cars from even the 1930's and 50's. And no, they didn't have Google Maps back then.

Ms Sync is crap, you'd be better off with Symbian instead, this is also why so many manufacturers jumped on the Android Car as fast as they did, the alternatives were not worth it

SYNC isn't an MS technology. It's a Ford technology.

Basically it's Windows CE with an overlay that Ford designs and maintains. The OS underneath is pretty solid but the crap Ford puts on top, and it uses a processor from 1980 is what makes it crap.

It may be similar, but it probably functions completely different. 

I'm sure Microsoft likes the fact that their Modern vision is successful enough that it gets other companies to make theirs in a similar style. 

Rather narrow limitations there.. I just said self driving, not with a bunch of conditions afterwards. That aside, Google not working for you? There's very early examples of self-driving cars from even the 1930's and 50's. And no, they didn't have Google Maps back then.

okay, show proof I'd like to see it. 

I hope Microsoft takes action and sues Google into the ground.

I think they do have some of these concepts copyrighted.

Really? show me a car that can drive itself when you input the address through google maps,and is legal.

Show me where I can buy a google self driving car.

I was comparing android auto to embedded automotive, silly.

Show me where I can buy a google self driving car.

I was comparing android auto to embedded automotive, silly.

oh.. sorry guys I just heard google was the first... shows how much I know haha.. forget all I said then...... sorry again guys! 

It's not stealing.  It's building something that people are used to using.  Currently this flat, square ###### is the in thing.  Of course EVERYONE will do it.

It's not stealing. It's building something that people are used to using. Currently this flat, square ###### is the in thing. Of course EVERYONE will do it.

That's not the problem, I am ok with building on top of innovations, but the fact that the media doesn't mention healthvault, only healthkit when talking about google fit, or only mentioning how the flat design was started by apple, that is the problem. It's ok to be inspired by something another company does, but to deny you were even just a little bit inspired by another company is wrong. I am not expecting google to say that they were inspired by microsoft maybe even a little bit, but the media should at least mention google taking a few cues from microsoft, just like how they bash microsoft for copying google or apple, or being late to the party, etc