Did you buy your .uk domain?

I bought mine, did you buy yours? They are locked for a few years so only the owners of the equivalent  .co.uk can register them - I suppose to stop the speculators. I never saw the point in the .co.uk when every other country just has a dot and two letters.

My question though, do you think anyone will actually use them? Rather that the .co.uk?

A client of ours at work bought the equivalent .uk domains and as I was sorting out the DNS for them I kept using .co.uk >.<

TBH, I think they're a bit pointless, the reason for .co.uk is so there are equivalents of .org / .net / .edu etc in the .uk zone and everyone is used to .co.uk now so why change?

Hello,

I suspect my employer will be picking up the domain name matching the company's name and sundry trade dressage. 

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I got mine and i intend to use it. The only concern is that people who don't really know whats going on will automatically add use .co.uk .. as long as email forwarding is setup along side web forwarding nothing will get lost and eventually[hopefully] it will take off.

Shorter is better in my opinion, the domain space is changing soon it will be www.anything.anything so people will need to embrace the new naming scheme at some point.

I called my provider and they told me it's reserved for me until 2019. So, I'll pick it up then!

I purchased the .uk for the .co.uk domains the company i work for owns.

Sadly i couldn't purchase the .uk domain for the personal me.uk domain i own as it was reserved for the person who owns the .co.uk. Disappointed about that as i always wanted my firstlastname.uk

Guess i can check back in 2019 and see if he ever registered it.