Thanks for the advice on the xb1 return. I have a friend at Gamestop who said he would take care of it for me. However, after spending time on Metal Gear Solid 5 and Second Son, I think I'm going to keep it.

My only problem is that out of the box the controller was almost fully charged, showing 2 bars. I plugged it in and left it plugged in all night and all day yesterday. After about an hour of playing, I got a message that my controller was almost out of charge. Why would that be? The whole time I had the xb1 I never even had to charge the controller.

I have no problem with my 'out of box' controller. Buy charger and batteries for that controller at Xbox Store or your local store such as Best Buy like this:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Energizer-2X-Charging-System-for-Xbox-One/productID.295240100

That will solve your batteries problem.  Looks like that controller you have, didn't get out of the production line before it was shipped to the stores. It might be defective.

I have no problem with my 'out of box' controller. Buy charger and batteries for that controller at Xbox Store or your local store such as Best Buy like this:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Energizer-2X-Charging-System-for-Xbox-One/productID.295240100

That will solve your batteries problem.  Looks like that controller you have, didn't get out of the production line before it was shipped to the stores. It might be defective.

He's talking about the DS4 :P He returned his X1.

• Like 1

He's talking about the DS4 :p He returned his X1.

My bad.  I thought he was talking about Xbox controller problem before he traded it in for PS4.

Sorry, Patseguin and Andrew.  

Carry on.

The DS4 has terrible battery life. You can make it a little better by dimming the light bar from system preferences

I can see it being bad, but only 1 hour of battery life? That doesn't make sense at all.

I can see it being bad, but only 1 hour of battery life? That doesn't make sense at all.

You may want to keep your PS4 on standby mode, and let it charge the controller while you are away.

1hr of battery life is very odd.  You may want to bring this to Sony or Gamestop's attention.

Battery life on the DS4 is horrid..but that's just extreme...

Yeah, that's not right.  I sounds like they gave you a bad DS4.  Mine lasts a lot longer than that.  Not sure what's going on with the PS4 being "buggy" either.  I don't have any of those problems with the PS Store, Netflix, or anything else.  Do you have the newest firmware loaded?  If not, Gamestop may have given you a system and controller that already had problems.

On a different note, since no one else is saying it. Congrats, good choice!  If you never played The Last of Us on the PS3, pick up the PS4 Remaster at the end of next month.  It's a game that shouldn't be missed.

Lmao, see what kind of ocd impulse person I am? I think the PS4 is awesome, I just regret getting rid of the xbox one.

My best advice is just look at whats up and coming. If you prefer the titles in the future on the PS4 stick with that, if not, get your XB1 back.

It's not like you can go wrong these days with whats coming on both consoles. I personally love the media functionality on the X1, really made the World Cup awesome. 

I get approx 5 hours out of my ds4 which is more than enough for me... I'd rather a built in battery and 5 hours than a controller that needs batteries any day of the week!

Not sure of the negatives against the ds4 to be honest.

EDIT: I can't believe the responses I'm getting. I thought I'd see more "grats!" and stuff like that in the Sony Console group. I've been playing that Infamous Second Son game and Metal Gear Solid 5 and both are amazing.

I've never understood why people congratulate others on buying something. You congratulate someone on an achievement: finishing a marathon, completing university, getting married, not trivial buying decisions.

I just got back from the grocery store. I bought some oven cleaner, chicken breasts, and Caramello Koalas. Are some congratulations in order for me?   :woot:

Thanks for the advice on the xb1 return. I have a friend at Gamestop who said he would take care of it for me. However, after spending time on Metal Gear Solid 5 and Second Son, I think I'm going to keep it.

My only problem is that out of the box the controller was almost fully charged, showing 2 bars. I plugged it in and left it plugged in all night and all day yesterday. After about an hour of playing, I got a message that my controller was almost out of charge. Why would that be? The whole time I had the xb1 I never even had to charge the controller.

Pat, 3-5 hours is normal for DS4 battery life. One hour is low, could be faulty battery pack. Did your friend set you up with a new PS4 or is she a refurb? Please ask to make sure. And i congratulated you right away, though i do think trading in the X1 when before it sounded like you were having a good time - well, that's kind of out of the blue!

I've never understood why people congratulate others on buying something. You congratulate someone on an achievement: finishing a marathon, completing university, getting married, not trivial buying decisions.

I just got back from the grocery store. I bought some oven cleaner, chicken breasts, and Caramello Koalas. Are some congratulations in order for me?   :woot:

You congratulate people on things you believe are meaningful to them and make them happy... :fun:

If we were on the Caramello Koala forums i'd congratulate you on your purchase, but since we don't usually bring up grocery shopping here, i don't think that's necessary. If you equate getting a PS4 with going to the supermarket while on a gaming forum, then come, come, i have a couch you can rest your weary head on :devil:

The DS4 has terrible battery life. You can make it a little better by dimming the light bar from system preferences

Yeah I hate how crap it is compared to the DS3. Especially considering I own one of the later DS3 revisions that actually has a bigger battery. My red DS3 is 500mA battery, whereas my older black DS3 is 300mA.

DS4 is 800mA, just goes to show how much that light drains.

As for your purchase enjoy, the PS4 is a great machine, but right now the game drought is ######ing painful.

Sounds like when you went to go charge the controller the console was completely powered down, so it would not be charging actually. It needs to be on or in standby mode.

And whether you got your original X1 back or a brand new One you would still have any digital downloads you purchased, they are tied to your Gamertag, not the console itself.

As for your purchase enjoy, the PS4 is a great machine, but right now the game drought is ######ing painful.

And this drought is clearly apparent on both consoles, not just the PS4.

As such it really is a matter of what games have been released thus far on each console that make the console worth it or not.

And from that standpoint the One is probably going to win a decent amount of people over just because the games are more conducive to repeat playing, mainly Forza 5 and Titanfall.

The PS4's library thus far has really been more about SP experiences.

Hell, I purchased Zombie Driver Deluxe or whatever it is called on the One just to have a new game for it, and boy do I regret that decision.

Seriously both consoles are terribly dry right now, and really there is not much relief in site for either, with the exception of one or two games, until later this year.

Sounds like when you went to go charge the controller the console was completely powered down, so it would not be charging actually. It needs to be on or in standby mode.

And whether you got your original X1 back or a brand new One you would still have any digital downloads you purchased, they are tied to your Gamertag, not the console itself.

And this drought is clearly apparent on both consoles, not just the PS4.

As such it really is a matter of what games have been released thus far on each console that make the console worth it or not.

And from that standpoint the One is probably going to win a decent amount of people over just because the games are more conducive to repeat playing, mainly Forza 5 and Titanfall.

Hell, I purchased Zombie Driver Deluxe or whatever it is called on the One just to have a new game for it, and boy do I regret that decision.

Seriously both consoles are terribly dry right now, and really there is not much relief in site for either, with the exception of one or two games, until later this year.

Trying to beat your times in Trials is holding me over :P

Congrats on those Chicken Breast.  I hear this is the time to buy them.... :rofl:

• Like 1

Yeah I'm really regretting what I did. I had a xb1 that worked great and I bought a ps4 with limited good games and a controller that lasts an hour. My friend who works there said they would do the return for me. It's either that or save for an xb1 and have both but the ps4 is really killed by the fact that I can't play for longer than an hour.

Yeah I'm really regretting what I did. I had a xb1 that worked great and I bought a ps4 with limited good games and a controller that lasts an hour. My friend who works there said they would do the return for me. It's either that or save for an xb1 and have both but the ps4 is really killed by the fact that I can't play for longer than an hour.

you have a faulty controller. go get it exchanged. my DS4 lasts at least 6 straight hours on average

Not for nothing but you have been told countless times the controller should not last just an hour. If it actually does there is clearly something wrong with it.

Honestly at this point I cannot help but feel this entire thread was a clever ruse in order to troll.

Trying to beat your times in Trials is holding me over :p

Shouldn't be too hard. :laugh:  For whatever reason I sucked on this newest version.

No, it wasn't an attempt to troll. I genuinely did everything I said I did, stupid as it may sound. I guess maybe I should just keep it and go exchange the controller.

Not for nothing but you have been told countless times the controller should not last just an hour. If it actually does there is clearly something wrong with it.

Honestly at this point I cannot help but feel this entire thread was a clever ruse in order to troll.

Shouldn't be too hard. :laugh:  For whatever reason I sucked on this newest version.

I suck on it as well, but slowly making progress! I love SP games that pull in 'multiplayer' ghosts or stats.

I read (think on GAF) that Titanfall is a graveyard now as nobody is really playing. No idea if true but if it is I wouldn't class that as a repeat play game as its all online.