Amazon FireTV?

Hi, I am new to the Amazon FireTv. I bought 3 today to give it a try other then my 3 RPI's. First thing I noticed after using InGeniouS1 method to root sideload it, was its really smooth running and navigates amazing. my problem is that no matter what add-on I use to watch a movie/show/live event I notice stuttering or choppiness. I am on Gotham 13.1, is there anything to do to fix this? what am I missing if anything please advise. should I take back and stick with my RPI's?

Is there anyone install to use, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Not that I can contribute much but I just got a "Try FireTV" email this morning and at the bottom was this:

"Amazon Fire TV has 3x the processing power of Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast. Learn more"

Hi, I am new to the Amazon FireTv. I bought 3 today to give it a try other then my 3 RPI's. First thing I noticed after using InGeniouS1 method to root sideload it, was its really smooth running and navigates amazing. my problem is that no matter what add-on I use to watch a movie/show/live event I notice stuttering or choppiness. I am on Gotham 13.1, is there anything to do to fix this? what am I missing if anything please advise. should I take back and stick with my RPI's?

Is there anyone install to use, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

Did you try playback prior to performing the root?  Just wondering if its something there that is affecting the playback

Is your router real Wireless-N? As jerzdawg pointed out, if you didn't test it ebfore doing a root, it's hard to say for sure.

I have 3 as well, and can stream 15GB videos off my desktop (also wireless) to them without any problems. I, however, didn't root any of them and kept them stock.  Out of curiosity, why did you? What extra features do you get?

I sideloaded xbmc onto it. its a fast box and is very responsive and I am happy with it, just not sure what's up with the playback when watching something from an add-on. the RPI is a small thing compared to this but openelec ran amazing on it. my router is a Linksys E4200 and I have 50meg down.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...