I want a TV as a monitor!

It's generally better to go with a monitor as opposed to a TV. Especially if you're gaming as monitors typically have a higher refresh rate.

The higher refresh rate is mostly always grey to grey. My IPS monitor is 5ms and it's as good as better than those glorious 2ms grey to grey TN craptacular panel.

why not get a tv tuner installed, rather than half a tv with bad quality? I had a tv as a monitor for a while about 2 years ago and it was the worst thing ever. My eeyes were hruting from it, quality was very bad and text is either too large or too small.

Strange my 32 inch Sharp Aquos TV has a resolution of 1080p when i connect my computer to it.

Most modern TVs (that do 1080p) are 1080p native.  A lot of older ones are 1080p upscaled, which wouldn't be good for this.

I like Samsung LED HDTVs. They have a special Computer setting and it is activated when you name the TV output that it's connected to. I use the 1st Gen Samsung LED 32in HDTV and it looks great. You only get 1080P (Not 4K) with TVs. If you want 4K then you'll have to get a 32 in PC Monitor (Not a TV).

AFAIK with a 32 inch TV your max resolution will be 1366 x 768

Not enough for most purposes, IMO.

My sony bravia 32" is running at 1920x1080.