Xbox One Preview Program

Once again the damn update in the Preview Program breaks Watch TV.

post-34384-0-53576100-1424577070.jpg

Was working for at least 2 months. This is around the 4th time now the Watch TV function on the preview program was working flawless, then they break it with an update. I just do not get it. Do I have that rare of a receiver, TV, cable box combo?

This time is pretty much the worse as the only way to get it back working is the quit Watch TV, turn off my cable box, start Watch TV, start Cable Box.
If I just quit Watch TV and leave the Cable Box on. Does not work. If I just turn the Cable Box off while leaving Watch TV running. Does not work. Has to be in the order I shared.

That is an annoyance for me I could maybe live with until they fixed it. For my wife that is something she will just not do, will complain it is too complicated, and I cannot blame her. She should not have to know the correct "startup sequence" for watching TV. Never mind my mom and dad who come over every day to help us with our dog.

Damn it. Tomorrow I have to once again get behind my receiver and redo my HDMI inputs. Have to break out the HDMI splitter again. Damn it. Just want it to stay working.

You can remove your console from the preview program if that's causing problems. You'll get the update about a month later, but you'll also get it when the kinks are ironed out.

Once again the damn update in the Preview Program breaks Watch TV.

attachicon.gifxboxtvmehuse.jpg

Was working for at least 2 months. This is around the 4th time now the Watch TV function on the preview program was working flawless, then they break it with an update. I just do not get it. Do I have that rare of a receiver, TV, cable box combo?

This time is pretty much the worse as the only way to get it back working is the quit Watch TV, turn off my cable box, start Watch TV, start Cable Box.

If I just quit Watch TV and leave the Cable Box on. Does not work. If I just turn the Cable Box off while leaving Watch TV running. Does not work. Has to be in the order I shared.

That is an annoyance for me I could maybe live with until they fixed it. For my wife that is something she will just not do, will complain it is too complicated, and I cannot blame her. She should not have to know the correct "startup sequence" for watching TV. Never mind my mom and dad who come over every day to help us with our dog.

Damn it. Tomorrow I have to once again get behind my receiver and redo my HDMI inputs. Have to break out the HDMI splitter again. Damn it. Just want it to stay working.

I've had this issue for months and the way I fix it is to change to an analog/sd channel, wait about 30 seconds and it will fix it, then go back to my HD channel.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just got the Xbox One and am setting it up as I type this, if anyone still has a preview invite handy that'd be great!

Gamertag is GPsarakis

I've just got the Xbox One and am setting it up as I type this, if anyone still has a preview invite handy that'd be great!

Gamertag is GPsarakis

Not sure of how many invites we are allowed but I'll try to invite u.

My Gamertag is: diezel78

How does one check if their in the preview program?

How does one check if their in the preview program?

You will be notified via messages or a notification about update available if you got enrolled in a preview program.

To make sure you are in a preview program, you will see xbox blogs for information,  check the build number in the settings to see if you get early build for testing..

hmm Guess I'm not in it then, could have sworn that someone invited me :s

can somone please add me to the preview please i would love to test it out, Gamer tag is Sabsack, email is Benjamin@live.co.uk

So how does this work?  If someone adds me (Gamer Tag: YoToddy) then I in turn invite someone?  Kind of like a pay it forward type deal?

-Todd

So how does this work?  If someone adds me (Gamer Tag: YoToddy) then I in turn invite someone?  Kind of like a pay it forward type deal?

-Todd

Sure you can do that. Doesn't mean you will be picked by Microsoft though :p

They choose randomly / increase the pool when they need more feedback.

Ahh, ok.  Got ya!  So what if when Major Nelson posts those preview program codes on his Twitter feed, those people still have to wait and be selected by MS?

Ahh, ok.  Got ya!  So what if when Major Nelson posts those preview program codes on his Twitter feed, those people still have to wait and be selected by MS?

They don't do that anymore.

?

?Only way to do get invited via preview program by your friends/family for now.

Unless they start the early stage of preview program next year or two, you can sign up on your dashboard, then you may invite your friends/family from there.

They don't do that anymore.

?

?Only way to do get invited via preview program by your friends/family for now.

Unless they start the early stage of preview program next year or two, you can sign up on your dashboard, then you may invite your friends/family from there.

Major Nelson just gave out codes either last week or over the weekend via Twitter.  

But to answer the question from tscallions, no, if you get a code from Major, you are in the preview program instantly.

Edit - the 28th - https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/581961392972034049

Major Nelson just gave out codes either last week or over the weekend via Twitter.  But to answer your question, no, if you get a code from Major, you are in the preview program instantly.

My bad. I didn't see his tweet.   But mostly he gives out the codes for games..    That's why Nelson usually gives out the codes for games these days including the free Friday codes.

Many people get invited via dashboard invitation program these days since preview program launched.

Nah, those are like golden passes, get you straight in.

hmm I just got a message on xbox live welcoming me to the preview program but i am unable to download the xbox preview dashboard? :s