commuting and studying

I'll be commuting everyday for at least 3-4 hours cumulative . So on the bus i want to be able to read off word docs, pdfs and write/read my own notes using OneNote. I'm not sure what size to get, I experienced the 1st gen surface pro and the dell venue 8 pro, I think 8" is the sweet spot, but if anyone can chime in with their experience that would be great!

Hello,

I would lean towards the smaller device, simply because it's less likely to get jostled, knocked out of your hands, etc.  Also, in the even it does get damaged, it would likely be less expensive to repair/replace.

Regards.

Aryeh Goretsky

I have a Dell Venue Pro 8. It runs 8.1 Pro so all the normal windows programs will work, plus I bought the digitiser pen for taking notes. It's small enough to take anywhere and for note taking or review and then for any heavy word proccessing/etc you would have your full laptop at home or in your bag, etc. Battery life on the tablet isn't bad at about 7 hours.

That would work. Keep an eye out on futureshop/bestbuy. I bought mine for $199 new on one of their flash sales a few months back. Also budget for a 32/64GB SD card as well.

That would work. Keep an eye out on futureshop/bestbuy. I bought mine for $199 new on one of their flash sales a few months back. Also budget for a 32/64GB SD card as well.

Wow! It's on sale now, but not a big one, down $280 from $300... :/

what's a flash sale? :p

Hello,

If possible, look into getting a ruggedized case, too.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky