Survey: Saddam Killed 61,000 in Baghdad

uh right in the 80's everyone knew what we now know about Saddam... sure

Ah yes, because the gas attacks in Halabja were only front page news on every paper in the western world...

Ah yes, just like that beacon of peace and prosperity that is Afghanistan.

Is your memory really that short?

In your sarcasm you neglect the complexities that are involved in rebuilding a country that severely lacked in infrastructure to support normal government. Hence the reason for the terrorists pretty much controlling the country in the first place. You sit there comfortably criticizing anything anyone attempts to do.

LOL! You people really are swallowing this "moral" argument eh? Great stuff.

And this was being campaigned before 9/11 how much?

I guess I will be seeing your faces in the parades against the 500M USD that the US government gave to Uzbekistan (a country that boils people alive for holding opinions that differ from the state), or the parade against human rights abuses in China, or the parade against human rights abuses in Turkey...

Yeah, you can wave your flags and shout about "freedom" and "democracy". I guess you were shouting those things in the 80's when Saddam was a friend, right?

First off I was a child in the 80's so no I wasn't screaming for democracy in any country, I in all likelihood didn't even realize there was an Iraq, let only analyze their political climate.

This may seem like a cop-out, but it isn't. It illistrates that the whole of America is not responisble for every action ever taken by an American thru out the course of our history. A point I believe is often lost on people critizing America. Yes even Dubya is not responisible for selling Iraq chemical weapons (etc, etc.).

America is doing good work in Iraq, perhaps it needed to be done earlier, but what would you have us do invent a time machine to correct past mistakes and/or injustices?

As for the US citizens not protesting for human rights, you are just ignorant to the fact they exist. Every other day I hear about problems in countries, I admittedly haven't even heard of. This administration is not perfect (it is hard to imagine it being at all close, in fact), but it is capable of doing the right thing and in this case, yes, I believe freeing the Iraqi people is a good thing.

You however you appeared blinded by your bias Beeen.

LOL! You people really are swallowing this "moral" argument eh? Great stuff.

And this was being campaigned before 9/11 how much?

I guess I will be seeing your faces in the parades against the 500M USD that the US government gave to Uzbekistan (a country that boils people alive for holding opinions that differ from the state), or the parade against human rights abuses in China, or the parade against human rights abuses in Turkey...

Yeah, you can wave your flags and shout about "freedom" and "democracy". I guess you were shouting those things in the 80's when Saddam was a friend, right?

And you were? At the oldest that would have made you 14 years old. :whistle: