Xbox one "insert disc"

So I have two Xbox ones. One of them is a day one version and the other one is a system I bought for when I'm on the road. I bought it in april. No mater the disc type, blue ray, game, dvd old or new, 7 of 10 times my Xbox won't read it. I just get the Insert disc message. I swapped one out via warrenty through Xbox support and got my replacement in the mail the next day, which is great service on Microsofts part. Not one issue since. ill have to do it with my second one. Anyone else have this issue?

Sometimes when resuming from the low power mode, I'll get a message saying to insert the disc when it's already in the drive, but taking it out and putting it back in fixes it.  Mine is a day one edition as well.

Sorry, my first post wasn't very clear. I have two xbox ones and the SAME issue on both with both being bought about 6 months apart. What kills me is it isn't just one disc. Its random discs. New, old, games, movies. I just get "insert disc" its not a big deal as microsoft is replacing them free of charge. Its just annoying and weird is all. I cant imagine I'm the only one with this issue. I saw that post about launch units. This isn't the same issue, as far as I can tell...

Sorry, my first post wasn't very clear. I have two xbox ones and the SAME issue on both with both being bought about 6 months apart. What kills me is it isn't just one disc. Its random discs. New, old, games, movies. I just get "insert disc" its not a big deal as microsoft is replacing them free of charge. Its just annoying and weird is all. I cant imagine I'm the only one with this issue. I saw that post about launch units. This isn't the same issue, as far as I can tell...

Damn that's some bad luck.

Glad they sorted out replacements quickly for you (Y)

So I have two Xbox ones. One of them is a day one version and the other one is a system I bought for when I'm on the road. I bought it in april. No mater the disc type, blue ray, game, dvd old or new, 7 of 10 times my Xbox won't read it. I just get the Insert disc message. I swapped one out via warrenty through Xbox support and got my replacement in the mail the next day, which is great service on Microsofts part. Not one issue since. ill have to do it with my second one. Anyone else have this issue?

I two had a day one and yes i had these problems. Whenever putting in any new disk it wouldn't read it and would say "Insert Disk" 

I would have to turn off my Xbox from the socket and turn it back on to change disk. So I exchanged my Xbox which as you mentioned is a very good service. 

By the looks of this, it isn't a uncommon problem for the day ones which makes me feel better. I love my Xbox One but it was a bit annoying about the disk-drive problems but oh well, all sorted now.