Samsung to end plasma TV production this year

I'm talking about actual FACTS though. it's a bit different from talking about personal opinions about whether you like that movie or not. 

PQ, motion, real contrast, refresh rate. even backlight(seeing as the Plasma has no backlight, and the LED's use a crappy diffusor plate) are all objectively, provably better on a plasma than on a LCD/LED. incidentally, old style CFM backlit LCD's had better and more even back lights than modern LED's a well. 

You can say you like the thin bezel of a LED better, you can say you like their superbright eye burning picture and dynamic contrast(well you get dynamic picture ruining contrast on plasma to). But you can't claim the picture is better, and then get upset when someone points out that objectively you're wrong and your making claims a facts when they're wrong. 

<snipped>

Maybe you ought to reread my initial post, and not take what I said out of context . I clearly said that plasma was better.   You are the one that is wrong, now have the maturity and class to admit it for once.

quote - "I currently own a 50' Samsung plasma (my 2nd) and it's performance exceeds any other non-plasma TV I have ever viewed. - end quote"

I decided that in a future purchase that I would probably buy an LED back-lit LCD, which would makes sense since plasmas are being phased out as per the topic.  I never said anything about a thin bezel or the the eye burning picture and about liking any movie.  Once again you make up things to suit your argument about that which wasn't even mentioned.  How typical it is of you, time and again.

And my first reply specifically talked about how your statement that you can't see a difference at home while you can at the store is factually, not just incorrect but mostly reverse.

I still do not know anyone who owns a plasma tv.

I have a Samsung Plasma which I bought in 2009. It still works fine so far but If I have to buy a new TV, it will be either OLED or LED.

And my first reply specifically talked about how your statement that you can't see a difference at home while you can at the store is factually, not just incorrect but mostly reverse.

Maybe that's the way it works for you, but NOT for me.  And your claim of factually is false, it is your opinion.  You are twisting my words around, as usual.  I never said I couldn't see the difference in the store, I prefer making my judgements as if I am watching in my home environment.  Here is a concept for you, to each their own.  You want to do it your way fine, but try and not impose your way on to others.  Give it a try.

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging that you were wrong, oh that's right you didn't, how typical of you.  :no:

To each their own is fine to an extent, but Hawk is right.  LCDs display better at retail than plasma generally, so you won't notice the downsides until you get it home in a darkened room.  I don't see where he mandated what everyone should like or why that statement would be contentious.

To each their own is fine to an extent, but Hawk is right.  LCDs display better at retail than plasma generally, so you won't notice the downsides until you get it home in a darkened room.  I don't see where he mandated what everyone should like or why that statement would be contentious.

LED downsides in darkened room is far less problematic. My TV is not LED but my new PC monitor is IPS LED and honestly the backlight is really subtle. The bezel of the screen is flat and while the screen is off it's like there's no bezel at all. When it is on you can see the difference between the black bezel and the screen but the difference is really marginal at best if you compare to a normal TN panel.

Do plasma TVs still have the same problem at daytime vieweing or it improved? Around 10 years ago one of my friend had a plasma TV and playing the xbox at daytime was almost impossible on it. That's the main reason i bought an LCD 7 years ago.

And as I said, "I prefer making my judgements as if I am watching in my home environment."   I couldn't care less how they look in the store, though our local electronics store has created an environment the comes as close to a home setting as can be done.  I was sharing my opinion and was called out for my supposedly wrong "facts". Even though I did not present my opinion as facts either.  In fact, I was in agreement that plasma has a better display.

I hope that clarifies my statements for you.

Maybe that's the way it works for you, but NOT for me.  And your claim of factually is false, it is your opinion.  You are twisting my words around, as usual.  I never said I couldn't see the difference in the store, I prefer making my judgements as if I am watching in my home environment.  Here is a concept for you, to each their own.  You want to do it your way fine, but try and not impose your way on to others.  Give it a try.

Oh, and thanks for acknowledging that you were wrong, oh that's right you didn't, how typical of you.  :no:

a LED TV is MUCH brighter than a plasma, even though plasmas got a lot brighter when they got 3D(necessity). as such in a bright showroom LED's can show a better picture because they aren't overpowered by the 50 thousand watts of light in the store. an environment that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to show of the true contrast and true black and dark details on a plasma, while it's perfect to show off a Samsung on it's default setting of brightness 100, Contrast 100, Dynamic Contrast Max and HDMI/LED Black to low. 

bring the TV's home, and the Samsung looks like ###### while in a normal living room light the Plasma can really show of where it shines. you next argument is going to be "But then they adjust the LED TV to proper levels and not samsung default levels". yeah well most people never do that, but lets taake the few who do do that. As soon as you start turning down those settings to sensible settings, the weakness of the LED comes out, Uneven backlight and edge bleed terrible color reproduction and without dynamic contrast it's real contrast is terrible. 

Turn down the lights in the room for a movie, and the shining quality of the plasma becomes a shining star, while all the faults of the LED only show more as the darker the room is, the more you see the backlight issues and contrast issues. 

these aren't subjective opinions, these are facts. it's subjective that some people actually like and prefer the Samsung default picture of black darks and white lights and only details in the mids, color saturation set to grass glows like it's nuclear and human skin glows orange.  Some people simply prefer unnatural colors and dynamic contrast. that doesn't change the fact that it's incorrect colors and is terrible PQ, it just means some people like bad and unnatural PQ.  Most customers at the store will actually gravitate towards the TV's that are set up with dynamic contrast and overly saturated colors, untill you talk to them and have them look at the tv that's more correctly set, and that at first glance seems bland and grey, have them look at it for a few minutes untill they get used to it, then when they turn to the default setting samsung, they're shocked at how bad it actually looks, especially on "live" show where the faces will look like they're overexposed. 

a LED TV is MUCH brighter than a plasma, even though plasmas got a lot brighter when they got 3D(necessity). as such in a bright showroom LED's can show a better picture because they aren't overpowered by the 50 thousand watts of light in the store. an environment that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to show of the true contrast and true black and dark details on a plasma, while it's perfect to show off a Samsung on it's default setting of brightness 100, Contrast 100, Dynamic Contrast Max and HDMI/LED Black to low. 

bring the TV's home, and the Samsung looks like ###### while in a normal living room light the Plasma can really show of where it shines. you next argument is going to be "But then they adjust the LED TV to proper levels and not samsung default levels". yeah well most people never do that, but lets taake the few who do do that. As soon as you start turning down those settings to sensible settings, the weakness of the LED comes out, Uneven backlight and edge bleed terrible color reproduction and without dynamic contrast it's real contrast is terrible. 

Turn down the lights in the room for a movie, and the shining quality of the plasma becomes a shining star, while all the faults of the LED only show more as the darker the room is, the more you see the backlight issues and contrast issues. 

these aren't subjective opinions, these are facts. it's subjective that some people actually like and prefer the Samsung default picture of black darks and white lights and only details in the mids, color saturation set to grass glows like it's nuclear and human skin glows orange.  Some people simply prefer unnatural colors and dynamic contrast. that doesn't change the fact that it's incorrect colors and is terrible PQ, it just means some people like bad and unnatural PQ.  Most customers at the store will actually gravitate towards the TV's that are set up with dynamic contrast and overly saturated colors, untill you talk to them and have them look at the tv that's more correctly set, and that at first glance seems bland and grey, have them look at it for a few minutes untill they get used to it, then when they turn to the default setting samsung, they're shocked at how bad it actually looks, especially on "live" show where the faces will look like they're overexposed. 

That's fine and dandy, Hawk, but it is nothing that I was originally talking about.  You continue to hammer these facts, fine, but I was not arguing those facts, I was simply sharing my opinions and experience and you decided, for whatever reason, to correct my opinion and claim I was wrong when I did in fact say that plasma was better.  You just can't let it go and admit you were wrong about that in particular, not about LCD this, LCD that, plasma this and plasma that.   I prefer plasma, and in the future, (who knows - five, 7, 10, years from now, whenever) with plasma being phased out I would buy what I prefer, it that okay with you?

I think there has been a major misunderstanding here. I was pointing out how unnecessary it was to correct my opinion and I was not arguing any of your facts, for goodness sakes.  :no:

You can NOT force people to use/get the LED/LCD...   

If Raze wants a Plasma, that is fine. I don't see a problem with that. I have a Plasma as well.  My TV looks fine.  I don't care what others think.  If you don't like it, then you go home and use your own TV instead of watching sports with me. That simple.

I have 2 26" LCDs, 1 32" LCD, 1 50" Plasma. They all look fine.   Hopefully, I get a 3D TV for next purchase because I have 3D devices such as 3D player..

They can pick whatever they want as long as the TVs look good in their rooms depends on their daylight/dark rooms.