Gillete using spy chips!

who cares! just there to catch shop lifters! now if they accidentally accuse you of doing it and you have prove that you didn't then you can sue them... works out better!

This is so bloody funny...just LOOK at the pic. It's an obvious resistor.  That's the biggest pic you can take? Or is it the biggest while still allowing sheep to be fooled?

Look at the other pic of the shelf...wow...talk about non-obvious! the cord's actually hanging down onto the product below.

I smell scam

This isn't a scam. They're really doing this. It is a fact. This should not be in the Area 51 forum, I know they are doing this for a fact. It's been in the news. They are also tracking buyer's habbits in Wal-Mart stores with the same techology.

This should be a wake-up call to anyone who thinks technology like this is not dangerous: how soon will it be taht they start putting these devices in your clothing? It's already been done. These chips are already used all over the place, they're just normal RFID tags, no big deal. But they can be placed in/on anything. How long before they start using these tags to track you? How long before these tags trigger all sorts of other kinds of devices without your knowledge?

I am in no way the type of person that is into spreading conspiracy theories or things of that nature, but in this case, this is NOT a conspiracy theory, it is actually happening. And I do not think this technology is purely harmless. This application is pretty harmless, I believe it is legitimate to determine if people are stealing your products, as long as that's what this is solely used for, which it is most likely not. These little introductions are always just allusions to the big picture: this is just a test, in a sense.

I personally think the RFID technologies and other technologies like it are way too far in the gray (with high potential of going into the black) area of ethical use. What do you guys think?

This chip uses radio waves to communicate right? Well, I think most of u are familiar with this kind of wireless lan connection attack (I forgot what's it called) where the attacker send this "noise" through out the area and the ppl conencted to the wlan connection gets kicked out and they have to logon again and the attacker keeps doing this until everyone gets ****ed and uses a cable connected lan connection.

i think this should be in jokes and funny stuff...or maybe in a section "not funny and crappy stuff"

dunno just a suggestion. ya i hear the new rfid tags will take sperm samples from you and the gov is going to use them to clone an army out of shoplifters, think how powerful they would be , eh?

Edited by SimplyPotatoes

That's funny...funny because it's part of a "e" restocking program used by a few test sites. It automatically reorders the products. They have test sites at (some) Wal-marts in the states, (and certain) Siansbury and Tesco in the UK. It was pretty well advertised, I think I even remember reading about it here.

Some people have far to much time on their hands...I wonder what that little patch inside DVD's (the so called "anti theft" device) really is?!?!? :huh:

I know Tesco (the UK's leading supermarket) were using this technology in their stores but the tags were on nearly everything. At least they told the press about it as it was on the TV.

pffft. i dont care if the gvt knows where i am, as long as there is no laws against masterbation they can watch me too....but if they are making anymoney off me i want in on hte cash.

pffft. i dont care if the gvt knows where i am, as long as there is no laws against masterbation they can watch me too....but if they are making anymoney off me i want in on hte cash.

Yes, they are selling erotica of you 'doing it' ;)

?1 a tape

• 2 weeks later...
too many boycott sites in this world lol :s

what's next? boycott neowin :rofl:

they already have one, i wont post it but most ppl know about it.

I liked this bit lol

hidden camera secretly takes a closeup photo of the shopper's face. (And a second photo is snapped at the cash register to make sure the product is paid for!)

So what if one was bought as a gift or something by someone else they would be none the wiser. lol. Also how does the electric circuit cope underwater.

Edited by Sawyer12

btw those are UK Tesco pricing.

It wouldnt surprise me if TESCO allow this as they allready make more money selling their "loyalty card" customers information.

im sick of everytime at the tills in TESCO it goes like this...

Cashier "Have you a loyalty card sir?"

Me "No I dont like the idea of shops making money off of MY information thank you very much, but thanks for asking :rolleyes: "