Naked selfies found on cell phones

Its odd that nobody here seems to care that Android offers encryption, you factory reset and all should be lost, if you used encryption earlier.

phones, hrmm yes I guess that would have a higher percentage of selfies but far better to buy 2nd hand hard-drives and do the same thing.

Its not too surprising though, factory reset is basically just flagging the available storage as "blank" again you need to fill those blanks with data for it to be over-written.  So you could readily FR your device and then copy your music collection till there storage is used then FR.  They would have to work hard to recover much more than file names and fragments after that.

Simple solution to the BIG problem that everyone is worrying about: Use a removable SD card to store your data instead of the phone's internal memory. :)

Not all apps...

Some apps rather use internal memory. You can not change the storage path for apps' data.  So you are SOL.

Most apps can be moved to external storage for space saving on internal memory.

• Like 1

ooo I gota do that with my iPhone..... *looks* wait what? </s> :rofl:

920q1yd.gif

Not all apps...

Some apps rather use internal memory. You can not change the storage path for apps' data.  So you are SOL.

Most apps can be moved to external storage for space saving on internal memory.

The option is always there for most apps that handle data, if you need it. :) Plus, most people use the official apps which always seem to give you  the option to use external storage.

920q1yd.gif

The option is always there for most apps that handle data, if you need it. :) Plus, most people use the official apps which always seem to give you  the option to use external storage.

Yes I know but like I said, not all apps.  :p

Some apps use internal memory if there is no external storage for the specific apps you use.

Based on developer's decision when he/she makes an app for the phone.

• Like 1

Yes I know but like I said, not all apps.  :p

Some apps use internal memory if there is no external storage for the specific apps you use.

Based on developer's decision when he/she makes an app for the phone.

The developer(s) would be a fool not to include such a feature in their app since phones usually have crap internal storage.

Ok, so what can I do about it.

I have a Galaxy S3 in perfect condition that I plan to sell when I upgrade in a couple of months. Complete with box, accessories and all the gubbins, I hope to get a good price.

There are pictures on there that I'd rather not fall into the hands of a stranger, likewise there are emails that I'd rather not become public.

I use an SD card, and as a previous poster has already explained, that in itself is not enough. So what can I do?

Ok, so what can I do about it.

I have a Galaxy S3 in perfect condition that I plan to sell when I upgrade in a couple of months. Complete with box, accessories and all the gubbins, I hope to get a good price.

There are pictures on there that I'd rather not fall into the hands of a stranger, likewise there are emails that I'd rather not become public.

I use an SD card, and as a previous poster has already explained, that in itself is not enough. So what can I do?

Encrypt your phone, and then factory reset when your going to sell it.

We degauss and then have all our HDs at work shredded.  Least there is an easy "fix" for Androids and I imagine that encryption will be default eventually in android.

If selling an old PC that I have, I run a drive cleaning program that permanently erases all data according to DOD specs.