Xbox One is indeed selling better without Kinect

Until we see actual sales numbers for the X1 and ps4 this month, we will not know if the numbers are good for MS or not.

Good would be sales very close to the ps4. Not good would be sales far less than the ps4.

Right now though, the boost in sales is not a good thing.

perhaps....However, I think they were just looking for answers to the sells disappointment.

The question why the sales were sluggish, I think, was the Kinect, which added the extra price. Removing it, or reducing the price and selling the system at a loss were really the only options. They made the sensible one, I'd say.

The question why the sales were sluggish, I think, was the Kinect, which added the extra price. Removing it, or reducing the price and selling the system at a loss were really the only options. They made the sensible one, I'd say.

Touche'

That would be nice, but if the new numbers are mearly back up to average, its hard to get excited about that.

No, its nothing to be excited about but it is still good. If the numbers reduced and stayed there no matter what MS did then they would be in a very questionable position. This shows that whilst it may not be as in demand as its compeitors, there still is a demand, which is a good thing.

That would be nice, but if the new numbers are mearly back up to average, its hard to get excited about that.

For you maybe. It's still good as Skiver pointed out. I don't need numbers to be excited about my Xbox One. I have games for that.

No, its nothing to be excited about but it is still good. If the numbers reduced and stayed there no matter what MS did then they would be in a very questionable position. This shows that whilst it may not be as in demand as its compeitors, there still is a demand, which is a good thing.

Your right, there is still demand, but without knowing better numbers, we don't know much beyond that.

Plus if this is just a return to the average, then you can't say that the new SKU had much of an impact. Andy made a compelling case.

For you maybe. It's still good as Skiver pointed out. I don't need numbers to be excited about my Xbox One. I have games for that.

I don't need numbers either. I'm quite happy with my X1, but then we weren't talking about our own purchases.

This was about the perceived positive or negative outlook for the X1.

Its personally positive for me, not so for many others.

Your right, there is still demand, but without knowing better numbers, we don't know much beyond that.

Plus if this is just a return to the average, then you can't say that the new SKU had much of an impact. Andy made a compelling case.

It wasn't just a return to average though. Andy included June in his average (and also only included April and May and not anything else). It was well above that average, and above every month this year save the two surrounding Titanfall, which should be expected. And there's nothing going on as far as games. I'd say it did have an impact.

<snip>

Very true, I agree with you on that, I've seen the other thread of PS4 still coming out as the most sold console etc which again, if numbers aren't know it could have beat its competition by single digit numbers right up to 10's if not 100's of thousands so its as I think you have said, a fairly empty thing to promote.

I think on the second point it depends on how you look at it, you could say that sales had dipped and thanks to the new SKU it has been boosted again, Ok not any more than they've done in the past but its brought it out of the slump and without it, the sales could have been back at half for months to come. Being in a slump for months could have then had an even more negative stamp that there is something seriously wrong with the console and drive people into the hands of Sony and exacerbate the issue because even less people are buying the XB1 and buying the PS4 instead because sales figures in some peoples eyes would dictate the better choice.

In reality, I'm not overally interested in who sells the most and by how many, just as long as the XB1 continues to sell enough to keep MS interested in funding this product and future variations and dev's continue to develop their games against it I'm happy.

I don't need numbers either. I'm quite happy with my X1, but then we weren't talking about our own purchases.

This was about the perceived positive or negative outlook for the X1.

Its personally positive for me, not so for many others.

Why do you care so much about what others think? Overall Xbox One is doing quite well. It's just not doing as well as the PS4. I'm not sure how that automatically translates to many others not have a great perception of it when many clearly have a positive perception. But again, not sure why you care when you're enjoying it. As long as it's not tanking (which it isn't by any measure) it has no real impact.

It wasn't just a return to average though. Andy included June in his average (and also only included April and May and not anything else). It was well above that average, and above every month this year save the two surrounding Titanfall, which should be expected. And there's nothing going on as far as games. I'd say it did have an impact.

I didn't include 3 months sales at all? I was only talking about May + June numbers and their averages (113 each).

Why do you care so much about what others think? Overall Xbox One is doing quite well. It's just not doing as well as the PS4. I'm not sure how that automatically translates to many others not have a great perception of it when many clearly have a positive perception. But again, not sure why you care when you're enjoying it. As long as it's not tanking (which it isn't by any measure) it has no real impact.

Its not so much that I care, its more about discussing the state of the market. It doesn't personally hurt me if people don't like it, but when people want to discuss the X1 market, its hard to ignore the fact that there is a rather negative view from the online community. That can, in turn, trickle down to regular consumers.

Sure, the X1 is selling well, even posting sales ahead of the 360, but many people will just brush that aside thanks to the better position the ps4 is sales wise. I know, because I have seen it happen on this very site.

The only part of this that should matter to anyone that owns an X1 and gives a crap about it is that it continues to sell well and bringing in more content.