Voice Record App

Is there a voice recording app where the status bar doesn't show it's recording?

The default app of iphone shows that it does :( or is there any setting where you can hide this?

I don't think so, not without a jailbreak. Even GarageBand will turn the statusbar red, its a global system feature from what I can tell. This is more noticeable on a tablet that supports gestures, you pinch it closed and the statusbar stays red for a few seconds while the OS catches up.

I don't think so, not without a jailbreak. Even GarageBand will turn the statusbar red, its a global system feature from what I can tell. This is more noticeable on a tablet that supports gestures, you pinch it closed and the statusbar stays red for a few seconds while the OS catches up.

So when you mean jailbreak? are you referring how you can download an app (do you know any?) that can cover this?

Besides, android has a setting where you can hide this right?

You have full control over the device if its jailbroken, so there HAS to be a way to do it. What that way is I can't tell you though as I don't even own an iPhone. maybe the walled garden got weak and there is secret audio recording apps now... I can't be bothered to check.

I'd assume you would be able to disable that global bar going red using a tweaking program or sorts (springtomize 3 maybe) check http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1700447