Is Neowin working on a new site design?

Yes that's possible with additional code, you can also hide them yourself with stylish: 

#container #sidebar #follow {display: none !important;}

Not sure if serious...

But instead of reloading the social button every single time, you could add moar ads or other useful content or maybe moving the spy above once youve followed or not?

Dont get your hopes up, and will be main page only for now. I know people hate change, so there will be a ton of haters :P. Forums will most likely remain the same old design.

You'll also be pleased to know that Developers are also working on an all new theme called Retina Burn. It's not completed yet but here's a sneak peek...

AvC8Mth.jpg

:P

You'll also be pleased to know that Developers are also working on an all new theme called Retina Burn. It's not completed yet but here's a sneak peek...

snip

:p

yep definitely still a WIP. not enough burning yet :p

AvC8Mth.jpg

I thought you were a graphic designer. Guess not because graphic designers don't blur bits of their masterpieces out. :p

AvC8Mth.jpg

It needs a background image behind the forum content. Ignoring the blur, it looks like this will still be entirely too easy to read.

It needs a background image behind the forum content. Ignoring the blur, it looks like this will still be entirely too easy to read.

It's a WIP I've heard bright pink is going to be used :)

It's a WIP I've heard bright pink is going to be used :)

Black text on a red background is also a good choice for illegibility, especially if you want to annoy the colorblind.

And despite the facetious tone, this is actually meant as a suggestion of stuff to avoid. I've been on sites that are very tough to read due to poor contrast between text and the page itself.

One of the reasons I've stayed here for years is the fact that the content is easy to read in addition to being worth reading.

Black text on a red background is also a good choice for illegibility, especially if you want to annoy the colorblind.

We've actually adjusted stuff in the past for at least one colorblind regular member. Hope all the upgrades since hasn't broken it :s

• Like 3

I really don't visit Neowin that much, but I really dislike the theme. It's far too dark for me. I prefer the almost stock IP.Board theme (the LinusTechTips forums have it, for example) since it is lighter and less dismal.

AvC8Mth.jpg

Aw, someone thought of LimeMaster because of the background color.

:laugh:

I really don't visit Neowin that much, but I really dislike the theme. It's far too dark for me. I prefer the almost stock IP.Board theme (the LinusTechTips forums have it, for example) since it is lighter and less dismal.

You will like the update then :)

AvC8Mth.jpg

oh god please dont make it look like windows 8