This is funny...

I should warn all of you that see themselves as staunch Conservatives, you may not laugh. But don't take it out on me, I am but the messenger.

Now, here's the thing...go over to www.google.com and type the words miserable failure in the search bar and see what is number one :)

i've seen this in general discussion, jokes and funny stuff, the lounge/nssa/members metropolis, and now in real world issues ;)

Well, it belongs in jokes for obvious reasons, but I put it here trying to get a debate going as to why the world's largest search engine brings up Bush as a miserable failure, and number one as well.

I've recently read that's he's labelled an idiot, a moron, a puppet and some other words that will get censored on this board, but not yet a miserable failure. (Although its true ;) There, that should get a rise out of Bush supporters...

Ahh, maybe just move this back to the Jokes section. Let sleeping dogs lie...

A lot of people (democrats) hate him. no doubt about that.

the Reference to him as a "miserable failure" was started by Gephardt in one of his debates, although Geppy didn't offer any solutions to fix any problems.

I have never seen this kind of hatred for a President in my life, and all of the outrage in the US is mainly from angry democrat politicians who are afraid they are out of power. They are losing their base and are alienating themselves from most of the moderate American public. The dirt they are digging on Bush goes anywhere from fake turkeys to a DUI from 30 years ago, and appears to be nothing short of desperate.

the Reference to him as a "miserable failure" was started by Gephardt in one of his debates, although Geppy didn't offer any solutions to fix any problems.

I have never seen this kind of hatred for a President in my life, and all of the outrage in the US is mainly from angry democrat politicians who are afraid they are out of power. They are losing their base and are alienating themselves from most of the moderate American public. The dirt they are digging on Bush goes anywhere from fake turkeys to a DUI from 30 years ago, and appears to be nothing short of desperate.

Well that would be because any reference to his foreign policy that isn't praise usually ended in said person being labeled as unpatriotic.

Let's be honest Bush is riding a wave of fear and lingering racism against Arabs, one that he will most likely ride to a 2004 re-election. Not saying that Bush is a racist, but he is a fear monger and even comes off as a sociopath at times (not even mentioning his sociopath heavy cabinet). Honestly I think Bush is pandering to the more base impulses of the American psyche to stay in power i.e. desire for revenge for 9/11, fear that everyone is against us, disregard for people not fortunate to be born Americans etc. etc.

Look what the republicans did to Clinton. Okay he deserved the zipper-gate stuff but Whitewater was a wash and a waste of everyone's time and money.

Incidentally I don't have a problem with moral/sex abuses by a standing US president so long as it does not affect their office. I know this knocks the religous right senseless.

My problem with Clinton's zipper-gate extravangas was that the women were so plain. You'd think the President of the US would get better tail. Look at Kennedy. At least he got Marilyn Monroe and that's a far cry from Monica Lewinski.

Far cry.

Well that would be because any reference to his foreign policy that isn't praise usually ended in said person being labeled as unpatriotic.

Let's be honest Bush is riding a wave of fear and lingering racism against Arabs, one that he will most likely ride to a 2004 re-election. Not saying that Bush is a racist, but he is a fear monger and even comes off as a sociopath at times (not even mentioning his sociopath heavy cabinet). Honestly I think Bush is pandering to the more base impulses of the American psyche to stay in power i.e. desire for revenge for 9/11, fear that everyone is against us, disregard for people not fortunate to be born Americans etc. etc.

I agree with this comment completely.

I'm quite worried that the US is using racist policies to ensure it's homeland defence.

http://ottawa.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/Prin...5&region=Ottawa

hmm...racism against Arabs? I don't know if I can buy that. He's does happen to be against people that are terrorists that are trying to destroy America and he can't help it if a majority of them are Arabs. It's not his fault that the pilots of the 911 flights were Arab and Muslim, that's just the way it is. I also don't see racism in his efforts to free the people of Iraq and release them from a man who tried to kill off his own race for kicks.

It's sad but true, the terrorists are Islamic and will either be Arabs or converts to radical Islam, it's just the way it is no matter how politically correct we pretend to be. I will point out though that the Islam of the Terrorist is like comparing Fascism to Conservatism or Communism to Liberalism, both are the horrible extremes of what was orignally intended. Bush even pointed out this difference after the 911 attacks.

Look what the republicans did to Clinton.? Okay he deserved the zipper-gate stuff but Whitewater was a wash and a waste of everyone's time and money.

Incidentally I don't have a problem with moral/sex abuses by a standing US president so long as it does not affect their office.? I know this knocks the religous right senseless.

My problem with Clinton's zipper-gate extravangas was that the women were so plain.? You'd think the President of the US would get better tail.? Look at Kennedy.? At least he got Marilyn Monroe and that's a far cry from Monica Lewinski.

Far cry.

I had no problem with him getting him some strange. But no one should be above the law and be allowed to lie to a grand jury just because they don't think they Grand Jury needs to know something. The highest ranking official as well as an officer of the court should have respect for the law process.

Edited by armeck

hmm...racism against Arabs? I don't know if I can buy that. He's does happen to be against people that are terrorists that are trying to destroy America and he can't help it if a majority of them are Arabs. It's not his fault that the pilots of the 911 flights were Arab and Muslim, that's just the way it is. I also don't see racism in his efforts to free the people of Iraq and release them from a man who tried to kill off his own race for kicks.

It's sad but true, the terrorists are Islamic and will either be Arabs or converts to radical Islam, it's just the way it is no matter how politically correct we pretend to be. I will point out though that the Islam of the Terrorist is like comparing Fascism to Conservatism or Communism to Liberalism, both are the horrible extremes of what was orignally intended. Bush even pointed out this difference after the 911 attacks.

You and I can see these points and perhaps even Bush can, but it doesn't because there are people who like Bush soley because "he is going after dem Ay-rabs!". He does little to discourage this I think, almost speaking in code using the word "terrorist" with a wink to certian people who "know" he means "filthy muslims".

I honestly don't think Bush hates Arabs, but he doesn't mind using other people's ignorance of them to fuel his administration. You are right, every terrorist on a 9/11 hijacked plane was an Arab Muslim and there are more then a few Americans who's response to this fact is "kill'em all, and let Jesus sort them out". Bush is using this to push his own agenda, which doesn't make him a racist but does lend to the idea he is a horrible person.

I had no problem with him getting him some strange. But no one should be above the law and be allowed to lie to a grand jury just because they don't think they Grand Jury needs to no something. The highest ranking official as well as an officer of the court should have respect for the law process.

Clinton was never proven to have lied before the Grand Jury.

Yes, his testamony was misleading to the general population but it does depend on your definition of "sexual relations".

He ended up admitting that his conduct was "prejudicial to the administration of justice." but his lawyer was quick to release a statement that it was not an admission that he lied or obstructed justice.

I do believe there is a difference between a bald-faced lie and a exageration of the facts. I, myself, am known to reinterpret the facts to suit my position but I would not consider myself a lier. There is a fine line.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/storie...inton.lewinsky/

hmm...racism against Arabs? I don't know if I can buy that. He's does happen to be against people that are terrorists that are trying to destroy America and he can't help it if a majority of them are Arabs.

So if you can find enough examples of bad individuals within one race, you then have a carte blanche to employ racist policies against that entire race.

I don't buy into that line of thinking.

That type of thinking leads to:

The majority of terrorists are arabs so therefore the majority of arabs are terrorists.

Unfortunately far too many Americans are too simple to realize that the above sentance is an example of faulty logic.

You and I can see these points and perhaps even Bush can, but it doesn't because there are people who like Bush soley because "he is going after dem Ay-rabs!". He does little to discourage this I think, almost speaking in code using the word "terrorist" with a wink to certian people who "know" he means "filthy muslims".

I honestly don't think Bush hates Arabs, but he doesn't mind using other people's ignorance of them to fuel his administration. You are right, every terrorist on a 9/11 hijacked plane was an Arab Muslim and there are more then a few Americans who's response to this fact is "kill'em all, and let Jesus sort them out". Bush is using this to push his own agenda, which doesn't make him a racist but does lend to the idea he is a horrible person.

but it doesn't because there are people who like Bush soley because "he is going after dem Ay-rabs!".
that's a rather large leap to make in an argument. Everyone knows that we are also freeing dem Ay-rabs as well.
He does little to discourage this I think, almost speaking in code using the word "terrorist" with a wink to certian people who "know" he means "filthy muslims".

is he doing that? this argument needs support badly, and I'm sorry you feel this way. Bush uses different dialogue all the time when speaking about Terrorists versus the Iraqi People, he's not winking to anybody.

there are more then a few Americans who's response to this fact is "kill'em all, and let Jesus sort them out".

kill'em all was Sadaam Hussein's agenda, not the American people's. Destroying Sadaams chronies is fine by me though, but not the people he victimized. And a very large majority of the public knows the difference between a terrorist and a victim.

Many inferences are made in your argument that are not based on facts but just assertions of what you believe the most uneducated sect of the public would hold true, and that's not Bush's fault but theirs. Everyone with half a brain knows the differences between a terrorist and an Iraqi citizen going into this war, it was stated over and over again by the President and his aides.

that's a rather large leap to make in an argument. Everyone knows that we are also freeing dem Ay-rabs as well.

"Everyone knows" that Bush has his own agenda for being in Iraq and it has little to do with helping the little people.

If helping the world was his agenda then I can think of many places in the world that could use US help. Unfortately not many are as strategically or economically important and thus are left to die on their own.

Clinton was never proven to have lied before the Grand Jury.

Yes, his testamony was misleading to the general population but it does depend on your definition of "sexual relations".

He ended up admitting that his conduct was "prejudicial to the administration of justice." but his lawyer was quick to release a statement that it was not an admission that he lied or obstructed justice.

I do believe there is a difference between a bald-faced lie and a exageration of the facts. I, myself, am known to reinterpret the facts to suit my position but I would not consider myself a lier. There is a fine line.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/storie...inton.lewinsky/

The Supreme Court and the State of Arkansas felt it was pretty clear what he did.

Clinton to contest Supreme Court suspension

"Everyone knows" that Bush has his own agenda for being in Iraq and it has little to do with helping the little people.

If helping the world was his agenda then I can think of many places in the world that could use US help. Unfortately not many are as strategically or economically important and thus are left to die on their own.

name a single country that has gone out of it's way to start a war for pure humanitarian purposes? i can't think of one, they are all started with national interets in mind, humanitarian benefits are just an extremely fortunate extra in alot of cases.

name a single country that has gone out of it's way to start a war for pure humanitarian purposes? i can't think of one, they are all started with national interets in mind, humanitarian benefits are just an extremely fortunate extra in alot of cases.

That's a great point.

Because no country would perform a unilateral action for humanitarian purposes.

They seek concensus instead.

Thus the purpose of the United Nations.

Since your putting war and humanitarian in the same sentence, then I guess the Crusades and the Nazis would count.

Fear if you are trying to get me to say Iraq is better off without Saddam, all you had to do was say as much.

Iraq is much better off without the Hussien Family

See took it a step further

I'm glad Saddam has been removed from power, few things make me happier then the removal of tyrants. I highly doubt however that the Bush Administration did this out of the kindness of their heart.

I don't have a link that proves that there are racists in America, but I do live here. I live in a East Coast Democrat heavy city, and I still hear people regularly making racist remarks about Arabs in mixed company. I was recent down South recently (Charlotte to be specific, Go Eagles!) and it was worse. This was just one man's sampling, but I believe it to be reflective of the mindset of America in general. Being that you are an American as well I can only imagine you do infact know what I am talking about.