BSOD while playing games ( hal.dll +f768)

ok i installed Live Update 6, sending you screen with all available updates there, to make it easier.

Is that BIOS update safe? I dont want to destroy something :)

post-523953-0-51526000-1406717524.jpg

It should be safe.

Close all other programs, like Messaging, browsers, etc.

You should be plugged into a Uninterruptible Power Supply.

Be sure to select 'back-up BIOS', if asked.

Don't touch the computer until it is finished Updating.

I would definitely install the chipset drivers update, AFTER doing the BIOS.

Good luck.

That pic is showing you dont have ANY AMD chipset drivers installed, is that correct ?

Dont use that link to update your nVidia drivers - get those from nVidia's website

Yes, updating the BIOS is safe.  It is not nearly as "scary" as it once was.

I had a similar problem a while back and each entry in Event Viewer showed at WHEA-Logger, but I could not find any problems. I disabled dynamic tick, updated all my drivers, I don't overclock and everything tested as working fine even though people were saying it could be a faulty CPU.

What I did find that upping my vCore, removing 2 hard drives and one stick of memory fixed the issue which was confirmed when after routine maintenance I plugged everything back in and experienced the same issues as before.

well i already tried to google it but all i found are windows 8 topics and issues, it looks like its not in windows 7 or i dont know

The dynamic Tick issue is found in Windows 8.

On the whole dynamic ticks are a good thing altering the timer interrupt on a system to only occur as processor events need to be triggered. The upshot of this is the processor gets to spend more time idling which in turn saves power. On a desktop this isn?t so noticeable but on mobile devices such as laptops and tablets this can add up to a significant saving in battery life.

Unfortunately with Microsoft?s implementation in the Windows 8 kernel it?s been causing problems with numerous reports online of random freezing of the OS. There?s still been no official word from Microsoft on the cause but it?s thought to be related to drivers crashing the system ? since many drivers are designed to perform a job at regular intervals (for example updating your screen with your GPU) adjusting to dynamic interrupts appears to be causing problems with some hardware.

If you?ve been experiencing random freezes particularly if leaving the machine idle for a while the solution may be to disable dynamic ticks. To do so first launch an elevated command prompt (?Command Prompt (Admin)? from the Quick Access menu) and run: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes . Then reboot.

http://apcmag.com/windows-8-tips-and-tricks-part-2.htm

http://bvargo.net/blog/2010/09/13/dynamic-ticks-operating-systems/

The dynamic Tick issue is found in Windows 8.

On the whole dynamic ticks are a good thing altering the timer interrupt on a system to only occur as processor events need to be triggered. The upshot of this is the processor gets to spend more time idling which in turn saves power. On a desktop this isn?t so noticeable but on mobile devices such as laptops and tablets this can add up to a significant saving in battery life.

Unfortunately with Microsoft?s implementation in the Windows 8 kernel it?s been causing problems with numerous reports online of random freezing of the OS. There?s still been no official word from Microsoft on the cause but it?s thought to be related to drivers crashing the system ? since many drivers are designed to perform a job at regular intervals (for example updating your screen with your GPU) adjusting to dynamic interrupts appears to be causing problems with some hardware.

If you?ve been experiencing random freezes particularly if leaving the machine idle for a while the solution may be to disable dynamic ticks. To do so first launch an elevated command prompt (?Command Prompt (Admin)? from the Quick Access menu) and run: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes . Then reboot.

http://apcmag.com/windows-8-tips-and-tricks-part-2.htm

im experiencing unexpected PC crashes when i play computer games, only if i play computer games, i use desktop with windows 7 64 bit and from what i find dynamic tick is only on windows 8

im experiencing unexpected PC crashes when i play computer games, only if i play computer games, i use desktop with windows 7 64 bit and from what i find dynamic tick is only on windows 8

What have you done so far to fix the problem? Do you  overclock, have you made sure your components are seated properly and made sure u have all the updates for the game?

i never tried overclocking, i reinstalled everything i can, now im preparing to update bios and install that chipset driver which i miss (dont know why i dont have it). I keep my GPU drivers up to date. Year ago i replaced old thermal paste with new one (also new cpu cooler). I tested my RAM with memtest but no errors at all. Also tested GPU for overheating but no problem at all.
My whole PC is built by PC expert who do this every day. I think components are seated properly.

Maybe i missed something

ok i made bios update but need serious help.

I started update, it finished, restarted....after MSI logo disapeared there was message about CMOS CHECKSUM BAD. i choosed DEFAULT options. windows loaded normally, i log in. after i log in i clicked on browser and BSOD appeared, title was MEMORY MANAGEMENT and bugcheck code was with 1a at the end and aswSP.sys under it. It restarted and after restart i was unable to move with mouse, in unplugged it and plugged it in again and it works...but i have fear from that BSOD.

Can someone tell me what to do? (im on second PC)

Edit: i also forgot to mention that after BSOD there was red text after restart, it said something about bad overclocking...but im not overclocking at all.

ok i made bios update but need serious help.

I started update, it finished, restarted....after MSI logo disapeared there was message about CMOS CHECKSUM BAD. i choosed DEFAULT options. windows loaded normally, i log in. after i log in i clicked on browser and BSOD appeared, title was MEMORY MANAGEMENT and bugcheck code was with 1a at the end and aswSP.sys under it. It restarted and after restart i was unable to move with mouse, in unplugged it and plugged it in again and it works...but i have fear from that BSOD.

Can someone tell me what to do? (im on second PC)

Edit: i also forgot to mention that after BSOD there was red text after restart, it said something about bad overclocking...but im not overclocking at all.

ASWSP.sys is Avast Anti-Virus, but it still sounds like something is up with your CPU or CPU cooling to be honest.

and that 1a bugcheck BSOD? im running windows memory diagnostic right now if it find something...is it possible taht after update it use bad voltage on ram or something? Attaching last minidump

I see your using Avast, this might be causing an issue, uninstall it for now. run Memtest86 to test your memory and make sure your bios is set to defaults then only set the settings you need to run don't set anything else.

Just out of curiosity what are your specs and what is the make and model of your motherboard and I will try and help you update the bios.

what program needed to analyze the minidump?

WinDbg.

run the Windows SDK setup,and untick everything except debugging tools. this will install WinDbg

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/desktop/bg162891

1.run WinDbg as admin

2. go to file->symbol file path. add this path then hit ok (change hxxp to http)

SRV*C:\Windowssymbol_cache*hxxp://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

3.go to file->save workspace

steps 1-3 only needed to be done the first time to setup WinDBG. now to open crash dumps and analyze them

4.file->open crash dump. choose your crash dump file

5. when it opens, type the following to analyze the dump

!analyze -v

I see your using Avast, this might be causing an issue, uninstall it for now. run Memtest86 to test your memory and make sure your bios is set to defaults then only set the settings you need to run don't set anything else.

Just out of curiosity what are your specs and what is the make and model of your motherboard and I will try and help you update the bios.

i updated bios already, after i updated, windows started normally, i logged in, opened browser, BSOD with 1a bugcheck appeared. it restarted and wrote something about overclock...color of that text was red...right after MSI logo when u start PC. i choosed default, windows started withotu any error, i let it run for about 1 hour without any bsod, i did no operations on it.

I started memtest 3 hours ago, i let it work for few more hours, to be sure.

Specs:

PC type: Desktop

RAM: 2x 2gb

GPU: Asus geforce GTS 250 DK

CPU: Amd Athlon II x4 640 3ghz (not sure about order of these numbers, ill check it after memtest)

HDD: WD 250gb

PSU: Seasonic energyknight 500W

i hope i wrote all specs u need

about that avast....i was using AV from microsoft before but on one forum they told me to repalce it with something else....when i was solving same problem

i updated bios already, after i updated, windows started normally, i logged in, opened browser, BSOD with 1a bugcheck appeared. it restarted and wrote something about overclock...color of that text was red...right after MSI logo when u start PC. i choosed default, windows started withotu any error, i let it run for about 1 hour without any bsod, i did no operations on it.

I started memtest 3 hours ago, i let it work for few more hours, to be sure.

Specs:

PC type: Desktop

RAM: 2x 2gb

GPU: Asus geforce GTS 250 DK

CPU: Amd Athlon II x4 640 3ghz (not sure about order of these numbers, ill check it after memtest)

HDD: WD 250gb

PSU: Seasonic energyknight 500W

i hope i wrote all specs u need

about that avast....i was using AV from microsoft before but on one forum they told me to repalce it with something else....when i was solving same problem

The last time I saw red text on boot was after installing a new graphics card in my friends computer and there wasn't enough power from the PSU to support it so I had to install a higher watt PSU and everything worked fine.

So I think it's likely that if you have updated your bios, drivers and have the latest Windows Updates your PSU either has issues or there is not enough power going to their components. Are you able to swap out the PSU in your second computer to test if it experiences the same problems?

I am also assuming that you are installing the correct x64 software on to Windows 7 x64 i.e drivers and antivirus.

Uninstall your AV for the time being.

The last time I saw red text on boot was after installing a new graphics card in my friends computer and there wasn't enough power from the PSU to support it so I had to install a higher watt PSU and everything worked fine.

So I think it's likely that if you have updated your bios, drivers and have the latest Windows Updates your PSU either has issues or there is not enough power going to their components. Are you able to swap out the PSU in your second computer to test if it experiences the same problems?

I am also assuming that you are installing the correct x64 software on to Windows 7 x64 i.e drivers and antivirus.

Uninstall your AV for the time being.

this PSU is weaker than that one which is in my primary PC. And yes, im installing x64 software, ill check it after memtest.

about red text, i think it was caused by having not-default values in bios, it asked me to a) enter setup

b) set default values

i picked b) option, i checked it after and i think it was all fine...bi think values are same as they were before update

i need your advice im running memtest for about 4-5 hours but now all i see there is only w~o......around whole screen

Can you upload a pic of what u mean?