'EA Access' subscription on Xbox One brings all-you-can-eat gaming for $5 per month

Sounds better to me, once it's grown more with even newer games and so on then the deal just gets better and better.  I see this working out for EA in the long run, and MS by extension.  After this I don't see how other big publishers don't jump on and try the same model, I'm ready for that Ubisoft sub, if the price is the same.

My only "concern" about this is the price.  It seems to me that the price is just too good to be true and I wonder if they will raise it after if goes out of beta.

anyone have an ea access code they aren't going to use? my ea access hub and ea access games disappeared :| . I can get the hub app to show in the store by going to the xbox preview app,and doing the ea access quest, but the app says unavailable and I cant redownload it. Microsoft says talk to ea,and ea says talk to Microsoft.

anyone have an ea access code they aren't going to use? my ea access hub and ea access games disappeared :| . I can get the hub app to show in the store by going to the xbox preview app,and doing the ea access quest, but the app says unavailable and I cant redownload it. Microsoft says talk to ea,and ea says talk to Microsoft.

If you go to my games and apps, it's no longer in the apps section?...

Odd that it would just vanish...

If you go to my games and apps, it's no longer in the apps section?...

Odd that it would just vanish...

its back to normal now, it was a sync issue on ea's end. told me not unexpected in beta.

It's possible their intentions are to keep them in the Vault forever, but there are things that could be out of their control. Perhaps an IP license changes hands or something of that sort and their forced to pull a game, etc.

^ Exactly.

This a win-win for consumer/EA. For EA you get a steady income revenue stream where you understand based on solid numbers due to subscription. You get consumers trying out games 5 days early for free which will entice more people to purchase the full-game and pro for consumer due to it being a free full game for 5 days. You've also got the discounts and vault which comes in with it which is hardly a hit for EA but entices consumers. Especially micro transactions like in PvZ which cost them nothing.