Windows Phone strategy not working?

But what about the iPhone which is their 1st or 2nd large competitor. The iPhone 4s is still getting upgraded to iOS 8.

The people who bought WP7 devices are probably thinking .. Gee should have went Apple and got a 4s. They have more apps, and they are still getting new iOS versions

... Or they could have upgraded to a new WP8 device, as I've seen plenty do.

... Or they could have upgraded to a new WP8 device, as I've seen plenty do.

That's what I did. I used my 7-based  HTC Titan until my contract was up and I wasn't satisfied with it anymore, and then I upgraded my phone to a Lumia 1520. When most people replace their phones every 2 or 3 years, I don't see how being left behind is a big deal. You'll probably be upgrading to something newer before too long anyway.

And before anyone complains about the waste of "disposable" devices, I don't chuck them - I pass them on to relatives. I take care of my stuff, so my old phones still have some service life left in them. My 16 year old cousin got my Titan, and is quite happy with it, even if it doesn't run the latest OS.

And as an example of Windows Phone gaining users, After seeing my 1520, two of my relatives are moving to WP8 devices. It probably helps that I'm not shy about telling friends and family how much I like the device.

That's what I did. I used my 7-based  HTC Titan until my contract was up and I wasn't satisfied with it anymore, and then I upgraded my phone to a Lumia 1520. When most people replace their phones every 2 or 3 years, I don't see how being left behind is a big deal. You'll probably be upgrading to something newer before too long anyway.

And before anyone complains about the waste of "disposable" devices, I don't chuck them - I pass them on to relatives. I take care of my stuff, so my old phones still have some service life left in them. My 16 year old cousin got my Titan, and is quite happy with it, even if it doesn't run the latest OS.

And as an example of Windows Phone gaining users, After seeing my 1520, two of my relatives are moving to WP8 devices. It probably helps that I'm not shy about telling friends and family how much I like the device.

I still have my Titan II. It still serves me quite well running off wireless. My relatives, too, bought Windows devices after seeing mine. My Aunt bought both a Surface and a 920.

This whole arguing and complain and bashing on platforms is past getting old.  Use whatever you want and whatever you prefer and everything else doesnt really matter.  Why there are different platforms.  An iPhone doesnt suit everyone, neither does an Android.  If it did, then there would be no competitors.  I tell people who are torn from one device to try each out and see how they like it and then make a choice. Yes, I give my opinion but I dont push them towards a device.  Some have Androids, some have iPhones.  I just dont understand all this hate and anger towards electronic devices.  More important things going on in this word than worrying about whether or not your phone has a certain app.

Comments like this always strike me funny.  For everyone who who says, I know so and so who switched from such and such device, there are the same amount of people saying the same thing about a different platform.   Gaining users shows up in market share and whatever report you happen to believe.