Trying to boot from usb..weird behaviour.

yeah you can defrag your D, c shouldn't even be listed as option to defrag OS should detect that its ssd and not list it.

I take it you didn't delete the partition on the ssd when you reinstalled is why it didn't create your 100MB part and then use the rest of the disk. Then you could use your ssd software to create the overprovision unallocated space at the end of the disk.

well.. C: appears.. some vodoo procedures over here I quess :D

I take it you didn't delete the partition on the ssd when you reinstalled is why it didn't create your 100MB part and then use the rest of the disk. Then you could use your ssd software to create the overprovision unallocated space at the end of the disk.

Benefits for this ? (..at the end of the disk.)

post-18459-0-29790800-1407435982.jpg

Well with SSD wouldn't really matter where it is. Just mentioned it because that is the common/normal config.

click to enable your schedule for defrag and C should not be listed if windows sees it as SSD. You could always run in manually sure.

post-14624-0-00071600-1407437956.png

Is there some specific reason why you have it turned off?

Yes.. just to avoid defragging ssd :rolleyes: .. the wierd thing is that D partition after analyze seems to be at 0%..even a lot of data has been transfered there :D

also..regarding that usb stick with W7 iso..I should simply erase those files and use it for other storage or..it remains bootable ? Any other tricks that must be done previously?

post-18459-0-80619900-1407326341.jpg

But it can't defrag the SSD, when you schedule it because the disk is not even listed for defrag.

As to why it would show zero when you copied files there, because it was empty and the files did not have to frag when copied there.

Got it.. :) .. as for the usb stick..should I simply delete it's contents (W7 install files) and use it for regular storage or the boot attributes should be erased too?

Highly appreciated support.