Hand of God sent missile into sea

we are having a discussion. I hope an intellectual one. But if you don't like the subject, I kindly and respectfully request that you not read about these subjects then. I'm not hating on anyone. simply having what I hope to be an intellectual conversation.

i used to be atheist.  i come from science background (doctors/mathematicians/physicists). i like intellectual discussions!

nowadays, i do believe in universe being not empty, and in cosmic consciousness...  or spirituality... 

though both of those sound bad, like a new age hippy, so i don't like to use them.

but a creator, or intelligent design is a possibility. so is human soul.

but, even if i accept the possibility of entities outside of human realm....       THIS STORY IS NON-SENSE.

having an INTELLECTUAL discussion about this thread is impossible.   just as almost all religion is non-sense

Maybe god should actually try speaking for itself instead of intervening in asinine ways.

tumblr_inline_mfbpuo377i1qbd7br.jpg

• Like 2

Trick question, they are one and the same for the most part. The idea that god diverts 2 rockets but lets a thousand or so people die over this latest conflict is laughable at best. 

For Muslims, the god of Jews, and Christians is the same (one god) as the god of Muslims hmm.gif

My equally (initially) unsubstantiated assertion is that the Gods of Christians, Jews and Muslims are not the same. So easy to make random statements about monotheistic religions without actually researching their claims thoroughly eh?

My equally (initially) unsubstantiated assertion is that the Gods of Christians, Jews and Muslims are not the same. So easy to make random statements about monotheistic religions without actually researching their claims thoroughly eh?

If you read my sentence again. I know that god of Muslims, Christians, and Jews is the same, this is what Muslims believe in. I know this because the day I was born, I was labeled a Muslim.

• Like 1

Yes, but your unsubstantiated assertion is provably false, so there ya go.

All of those three religions are called Abrahamic religions for a reason. They all follow the same core belief and the same god.  Allah is not a name, it's literally Arabic for "god".

If you HAD some some actual research into those three religions, you would know this.

Yahweh and Allah are NOT the same! They translate completely different. I believe Allah translates to Baal. I'm sure you've heard of him. The Muslim Jesus is NOT the same either. That one's an executioner.

I don't know about "muslim" jesus....    but judaism christianity and islam,  all start with the SAME one god.

there are differences in later interpretations, but the original prophets are the same in all three religions.  and those prophets prayed to the same god.   

so don't tell me Yahweh and Allah are NOT the same!   By definition they are!   Just recent interpretations of people want to separate them...

and even without the evidence that all 3 religions started form the same source, the fact that they all pray to ONE and ONLY god should be a clue.

do you really think there are 3 different "One and Only" gods????

The one that prohibits worshiping any other...

PS.

How funny it is that Christians Jews and Arabs all think their GOD is the only one, yet think that the other two's GOD can possibly be different.

Don't you think. assuming that they worship other GODs, means there is more then one GOD?    This blows my mind.

Even bible mentions "Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

Seriously? After THAT statement, I am still to believe in ONE god???

Man...  It's like WAR OF GODS going on.  Who can pretend to be THE ONE.    (Neo????)

Yahweh and Allah are NOT the same! They translate completely different. I believe Allah translates to Baal. I'm sure you've heard of him. The Muslim Jesus is NOT the same either. That one's an executioner.

The Baal was worshipped by the Canaanites.

The Arabs aren't Canaanites.

If there is a god, I highly doubt he chooses sides in our man made wars.  If that were the case, he would not have allowed the Jewish people to be systematically massacred by the Nazis.  You cannot have free will AND a god that interferes every time things get inconvenient.

• Like 2

If there is a god, I highly doubt he chooses sides in our man made wars.

Quite the contrary. If there is to be a god, I insist he's a sadist of unsurmountable proportions. That's probably his favorite pastime after setting random things on fire.

Ugh... for every naturally explainable phenomenon you have a slew of idiots eagerly able to attribute it to God.

Also, I guess for the missiles that land and kill people God must have particularly hated them

Maybe god should actually try speaking for itself instead of intervening in asinine ways.

Go bash God,not me lol. I love you narrow minded self righteous types. I will go believe in my fairy tales now. Have a GREAT day

Yes, but your unsubstantiated assertion is provably false, so there ya go.

All of those three religions are called Abrahamic religions for a reason. They all follow the same core belief and the same god.  Allah is not a name, it's literally Arabic for "god".

If you HAD some some actual research into those three religions, you would know this.

Please do not disregard the use of Socratic logic in your ready dismissal of all things "Abrahamic", so conveniently categorised hmm?

Judaism: Only 1 God, YHWH, who is superlative and delivered their ancestors from slavery in Egypt. In their history, a man claimed to be God and they crucified him for blaspheming as such.

Christianity: One man, claimed to be God and spent the last year of his life proving it. He was crucified for his claim but was resurrected on the third day. On hindsight, we know his death to have paid for the sins of mankind and reconciled us to God. The history of the Jews is seen as a masterplan for the unveiling of the Messiah during pax Romana, and the Israelites serve as an example of stubborn rebellion for all of us.

Islam: One man in history, called Isa, was a foremost prophet of God, but is second to Muhammad and is not related to God. Allah (God) is superlative and ultimately unknowable. The Jewish scriptures are sacred, but not authoritative (the Quran is supreme).

TL;DR

Judaism: Jesus is a man, unimportant. Threatened the establishment but died. Disciples stole his body.

Islam: Jesus is a man, 2nd most important prophet. Already able to talk like an adult when newborn to Mary.

Christianity: Jesus is a man, God in the flesh. Body not found because resurrected.

It becomes laughable, in light of this direct comparison of a central character, to continue to lump the 3 faiths into the "Abrahamic" category so as to discard them into irrelevance in this Brave New (Atheist) World. ;)

Don't be the wise men who argue themselves right into an anti-intellectual position.

Allah is not a name, it's literally Arabic for "god".

actually no, the Islamic declaration of faith constitute: "No gods but Allah", (laillahailallah)

you see gods in arabic are illah, not Allah.

Allah is the PERSONAL name of that god.

while Yahweh is the personal name of jewish god.

Not once in islamic histories that particular islamic god are introduced in the name of Yahweh.

while both allah & yahweh share similar historical root, but they are different,

just like you and your sibling share similar root, but you're different entities altogether.

from an atheist point of view:

allah just an imaginary works of arabs who derived their imagination from existing jewish works.

But muslims wont affirm that if they have' been in contact with western christians,

simply because quran said that christian & jews & muslim's god are the one and same entity.

So true. Similar to how god protected the 6 million Jews killed during the Holocaust. Oh wait. He didn't.

Gods are no more real than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. Of course that means humans pretty much run the show on Earth. And we can see how well that's been working out. I'd give this planet 100 years max before humans exterminate themselves and all other life on it.

Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny aren't real?  Say it ain't so....   <sniff>     :cry:

j/k

but the religious minds fell for it in an instant and took it as proof... as with all other religious claims. I wish I could be immoral like them, i could be so rich collecting money from these people.

what can i say brother, religion is a complex issue, people find comfort in religion, and some of them live a very happy life.

some don't, same thing with atheists, some happy some not.

and i agree with you, as highly moral person, i get really angry when i hear that some filthy douches, deceit others: elderly people, poor people, desperate people  etc', i cant stand this kind of satanic behavior, and all in the name of the most powerful god on earth: money.

to be a good person, it's the most awesome thing in the world, even Although it's hard.

Its better to just go

"I am God, prove me wrong"

No one would be able to prove that I am not God, then again, no one would be able to prove that I am God either. 

Sooo.... all I can say is... 

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Interesting how all these atheists (?) dog pile on religion, yet many who are religious choose not to berate them, just either stand aside and not say anything or stand up for what they believe in. No athiest gives the benefit of the doubt. Except, I was watching Star Trek Voyager, and in quite a few episodes they (the writers) chose to incorporate Christian references even as Scientific and Futuristic a show as it is. Now, media, magazines, TV, and the Internet are afraid of Religion. Interesting isn't it? 

EDIT: And to those who choose to reply to this comment, please read it thoroughly.   :ike:

Par for the course.  There is intolerance for religion, between religions, and against those who choose not to believe in religions.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

• Like 2

Religion is that oh too tricky subject that when it comes up in situations like this, well.. just look at this thread for further evidence.

Could the creator himself have spared the people of Israel?  I'd believe it

Could the fog have been the same situation, sure.

Now this is coming from a Catholic, and I am sure that there is someone whom would like to take a crack on explaining how the ###### poor quality of the Hamas rockets caused the rocket's trajectory to deviate and thus cause to land in the sea. Furthermore also have a crack at explaining the fog.

As the saying goes, the dance floor is yours.

Go bash God,not me lol. I love you narrow minded self righteous types. I will go believe in my fairy tales now. Have a GREAT day

How did I bash you? Im more than tolerate of other people's views, that in no way equates to not having an opinion as well has having an equal right to express it. If anything god is the self righteous one here expecting the world to accept it based on faith alone. Your god gave man self awareness, the ability to use logic and reason, created a universe that could be broken down and understood by man and all by the evidence that is presented to us. So if you have an issue with narrow minded self righteous types, you're clearly pointing in the wrong direction. 

Par for the course. There is intolerance for religion, between religions, and against those who choose not to believe in religions.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

Where's the hypocrisy?

Please do not disregard the use of Socratic logic in your ready dismissal of all things "Abrahamic", so conveniently categorised hmm?

Judaism: Only 1 God, YHWH, who is superlative and delivered their ancestors from slavery in Egypt. In their history, a man claimed to be God and they crucified him for blaspheming as such.

Christianity: One man, claimed to be God and spent the last year of his life proving it. He was crucified for his claim but was resurrected on the third day. On hindsight, we know his death to have paid for the sins of mankind and reconciled us to God. The history of the Jews is seen as a masterplan for the unveiling of the Messiah during pax Romana, and the Israelites serve as an example of stubborn rebellion for all of us.

Islam: One man in history, called Isa, was a foremost prophet of God, but is second to Muhammad and is not related to God. Allah (God) is superlative and ultimately unknowable. The Jewish scriptures are sacred, but not authoritative (the Quran is supreme).

TL;DR

Judaism: Jesus is a man, unimportant. Threatened the establishment but died. Disciples stole his body.

Islam: Jesus is a man, 2nd most important prophet. Already able to talk like an adult when newborn to Mary.

Christianity: Jesus is a man, God in the flesh. Body not found because resurrected.

It becomes laughable, in light of this direct comparison of a central character, to continue to lump the 3 faiths into the "Abrahamic" category so as to discard them into irrelevance in this Brave New (Atheist) World. ;)

Don't be the wise men who argue themselves right into an anti-intellectual position.

They are all different branches off the same tree, creating their own views over a period of time.

• Like 1

Where's the hypocrisy?

Everywhere?

Religions and follows of them often preach tolerance, but don't tolerate atheists.

Atheists want others to tolerate them but don't tolerate religious people.

Religious people don't tolerate other religions, regardless what their faith teaches.

Its not hard to find.

Everywhere?

Religions and follows of them often preach tolerance, but don't tolerate atheists.

Atheists want others to tolerate them but don't tolerate religious people.

Religious people don't tolerate other religions, regardless what their faith teaches.

Its not hard to find.

I tolerate religious people just fine.  I don't, however, tolerate religion itself, which is not hypocritical, as I don't expect religious people to tolerate atheism either.

Hypocrisy is in the eye of the beholder.

TL;DR

None of which alters the fact that they all share the same root belief, and they all pray to the same god. That they call it different things is irrelevant.

As Mudslag says, they're all branches from the same tree.