• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Hand of God sent missile into sea

Rippleman    3,851

My all powerful magical invisible purple unicorn I have tied up in my backyard created all past gods to give "some" humans meaning to their own pathetic miserable self loathing loneliness.

• Like 1

Phouchg    2,048

I believe Allah translates to Baal.

I believe Baal translates to Molag Bal. While we're at it...

There is no god.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" :whistle:

Luc2k    754

My all powerful magical invisible purple unicorn I have tied up in my backyard created all past gods to give "some" humans meaning to their own pathetic miserable self loathing loneliness.

Your all powerful magical invisible purple unicorn needs to step up and deflect some missiles. That or find some car keys.

• Like 1

ichi    359

It's interesting that the Jewish god is protecting Israel from the occasional rocket?though did nothing to stop the mass suicide bombings a decade ago?when the Christian god is killing people with ebola. That seems entirely contradictory, unless all religions are true - that would make them all irrelevant.

Ebola virus: Liberia church leaders claim deadly outbreak is 'plague' sent by God for 'homosexualism' and 'immoral acts'

Source: The Independent

No reasonable person can believe this.

It's kind of "interesting" that they'd want people to worship a god that would be sending a deadly plague over a whole country to punish gays while at the same time doing absolutely nothing about the overlords living with every imaginable luxury right next to a whole country living in extreme misery.

How about this: send those church leaders to assist the infected without any protective suit, praying to not get infected themselves. Let's see how that'd go.

*BTW, that must be a ######ing moron of a god if it's sending a plague to punish gays yet it's unable to create something that only kills gays.

• Like 3

FiB3R    1,663

Sorry Chris, but you may just become the first person I've ever blocked on neowin, in almost 12 years of being a member.

No offence, man, but you are gonna break my BS meter :/

• Like 2

pallipdrsn0    45

I think I'll just leave this here:

george-carlin-religion.jpg

• Like 3

Sszecret    2,530

I'm not going to comment on the subject, since it is of no interest to me, but IS THE CAPSLOCK REALLY NECESSARY, hand of God or otherwise? 

• Like 1

protocol7    549

Well if god is protecting you from all those missiles what's the point getting in his way?

Turn off that Iron Dome system and leave him to it.

• Like 3

Skwerl    561

People will *believe* just about anything (religion), but they will try to *understand* so very little(science).

• Like 3

Skwerl    561

The lord works in mysterious ways,not meant to be understood by all mankind.So unless you are God,you shouldn't speak for God.

Well, isn't that convenient!  If only more things operated that way!

• Like 2

COKid    875

Religion?the illogical and unsupportable belief in mythical sky beings and magical prophets?is the very reason the world is the mess that it is. If any God would protect Israel while allowing Palestinian civilians to be slaughtered en masse then that's not a God I would want to know.

So true. Similar to how god protected the 6 million Jews killed during the Holocaust. Oh wait. He didn't.

Gods are no more real than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. Of course that means humans pretty much run the show on Earth. And we can see how well that's been working out. I'd give this planet 100 years max before humans exterminate themselves and all other life on it.

• Like 3

bguy_1986    364

Interesting how all these atheists (?) dog pile on religion, yet many who are religious choose not to berate them, just either stand aside and not say anything or stand up for what they believe in. No athiest gives the benefit of the doubt. Except, I was watching Star Trek Voyager, and in quite a few episodes they (the writers) chose to incorporate Christian references even as Scientific and Futuristic a show as it is. Now, media, magazines, TV, and the Internet are afraid of Religion. Interesting isn't it? 

EDIT: And to those who choose to reply to this comment, please read it thoroughly.   :ike:

I also find it funny how Neowin allows all of this, while if anything is said about gays, ect. you get a warning...

• Like 1

0sit0    216

I also find it funny how Neowin allows all of this, while if anything is said about gays, ect. you get a warning...

What part bothered you? There's nothing offensive there lol

TPreston    5,389

That's because beliefs can be challenged people and their rights arnt up for debate. I know the posts in this thread are as offensive as "kill all gays" to you but that's your problem.

If you guys can challenge the points made in response though feel free

Did they teach you in theological college that you have just shot yourself in the foot by voiding the free will defence to the problem of evil and now everyone is perfectly justified in asking why he chose to do this instead of helping children working in the sex trade or starving to death. Is he a racist who only helps hs 'chosen people' ? Has he finally got over his social anxiety?

Kindergarten theology is embarrassing.

(You cant)

• Like 1

chrisj1968    1,417

I think I'll just leave this here:

george-carlin-religion.jpg

Well the bible does ring true. after Adam and eve sinned.. GOD told them since they disobeyed. 
Genesis 2
:17   But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, 
        thou shalt not eat of it: 
            for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
So George Carlin himself is dead. we all die. It's where you go afterwards is what makes the difference.

Psalm 14:1 To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, ?There is no God.? They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

some worldly people 

People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.? 
? Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

?Five percent of the people think; 
ten percent of the people think they think; 
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.? 
? Thomas A. Edison

?I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.? 
? Abraham Lincoln

?Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.? 
? Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

The sin which is unpardonable is knowingly and wilfully to reject truth, to fear knowledge lest that knowledge pander not to thy prejudices.? 
? Aleister Crowley, Magick: Liber ABA: Book 4

pallipdrsn0    45

Well the bible does ring true. after Adam and eve sinned.. GOD told them since they disobeyed. 
Genesis 2
:17   But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, 
        thou shalt not eat of it: 
            for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
So George Carlin himself is dead. we all die. It's where you go afterwards is what makes the difference.

Psalm 14:1 To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, ?There is no God.? They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

some worldly people 

People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.? 
? Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

?Five percent of the people think; 
ten percent of the people think they think; 
and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.? 
? Thomas A. Edison

?I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.? 
? Abraham Lincoln

?Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.? 
? Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

The sin which is unpardonable is knowingly and wilfully to reject truth, to fear knowledge lest that knowledge pander not to thy prejudices.? 
? Aleister Crowley, Magick: Liber ABA: Book 4

1082025-face_palm.gif

• Like 3

R1pper    80

i never heard of such thing, so i did an inquiry with some people, and those are the real facts!

this story is fake, it never happened.
it's been denied by top rank officials, it's bogus claim.

started as a whatsapp rumor, and end up in some local, small time news papers.
if anything, you saw the HAND OF WHATSAPP.

but all in all, irom dome is a miracle of itself, one of a kind superb piece of technology.

• Like 3

Rippleman    3,851

i never heard of such thing, so i did an inquiry with some people, and those are the real facts!

this story is fake, it never happened.

it's been denied by top rank officials, it's bogus claim.

started as a whatsapp rumor, and end up in some local, small time news papers.

if anything, you saw the HAND OF WHATSAPP.

but the religious minds fell for it in an instant and took it as proof... as with all other religious claims. I wish I could be immoral like them, i could be so rich collecting money from these people.

FloatingFatMan    20,950

<big snip>

Kindly do the preaching elsewhere, thanks.

• Like 3

chrisj1968    1,417

Kindly do the preaching elsewhere, thanks.

we are having a discussion. I hope an intellectual one. But if you don't like the subject, I kindly and respectfully request that you not read about these subjects then. I'm not hating on anyone. simply having what I hope to be an intellectual conversation.

• Like 1

eddman    446

simply having what I hope to be an intellectual conversation.

There is NOTHING intellectual in insisting in the existence of imaginary beings.

Next people are going to claim the gods in elder scroll games are actually real.

I'd say get real, and no offense, but I don't think it'd work since you've let yourself to be brainwashed by the religion disease.

What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate.

• Like 4

FloatingFatMan    20,950

we are having a discussion. I hope an intellectual one. But if you don't like the subject, I kindly and respectfully request that you not read about these subjects then. I'm not hating on anyone. simply having what I hope to be an intellectual conversation.

Then discuss the actual topic, and don't preach your beliefs.

Riggers    204

I thought Maradona had this whole "hand of God"? thing patented :p

Order_66    948

Interesting how all these atheists (?) dog pile on religion, yet many who are religious choose not to berate them, just either stand aside and not say anything or stand up for what they believe in. No athiest gives the benefit of the doubt. Except, I was watching Star Trek Voyager, and in quite a few episodes they (the writers) chose to incorporate Christian references even as Scientific and Futuristic a show as it is. Now, media, magazines, TV, and the Internet are afraid of Religion. Interesting isn't it? 

EDIT: And to those who choose to reply to this comment, please read it thoroughly.   :ike:

I am 100% athiest and I have to agree with you on this.

I have read many topics and posts, not just on neowin, where someone who has religious beliefs would write about it and get attacked left and right by alleged athiests, I call them "alleged" because why on earth would a real athiest go out of their way and spend time to ridicule beliefs that someone else has?

Or do these alleged athiests have a fear of being called out on beliefs that they are trying very hard to keep buried within themselves? kind of like the whole 'closeted gay' thing.

Being athiest I will gladly read stories by believers if something catches my eye and claiming that a god changed the path of a missile definitely caught my attention.

Personally I don't believe the story at all, but if someone else decided to believe it and write about it then who cares? if you don't believe it's easy to move on and find something more constructive to do with yourself instead of wasting time ridiculing others because they believe in something that you "claim" not to believe in.

• Like 3

mudslag    10,754

The lord works in mysterious ways,not meant to be understood by all mankind.So unless you are God,you shouldn't speak for God.

Maybe god should actually try speaking for itself instead of intervening in asinine ways.

• Like 1