More Afghan children die in raids

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3305837.stm

The US military in Afghanistan has revealed that six children died in a raid on suspected militants in the eastern province of Paktia last week.

News of the deaths came shortly after the US apologised for killing nine children in a separate raid in the neighbouring province of Ghazni.

However, the US has warned it will not be deterred by civilian casualties.

15 children killed in 1 week, may be they were "terrorists" children... WHAT A FREEDOM !

i hate it how people that arnt from the united states dont understand why bush is doing this (no offence to u all.. i just dont understand).. in world war 1 and 2.. there were alot of deaths.. and half were civilian.. i think that our troops r doing a hell of a job over there.

i hate it how people that arnt from the united states dont understand why bush is doing this (no offence to u all.. i just dont understand).. in world war 1 and 2.. there were alot of deaths.. and half were civilian.. i think that our troops r doing a hell of a job over there.

Could be that when people view something from a diffrent point of view, they can maybe see the truth? Now I'm not bashing anything. I'm just stating a point. Now it's just wrong to just say something like "Sh** happens" cause you wouldn't be saying the same thing if that was your children or little brothers and sisters. Sadly it's things that happen. I just hope it's over fast.

"If non-combatants surround themeselves with thousands of weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammunition and howitzers and mortars, in a compound known to be used by a terrorist, we are not completely responsible for the consequences," he [uS spokesman]said.

I can't help but agree with that logic. I'm personally against the invasion of other countries but I agree with that statement 100%.

I can't help but agree with that logic. I'm personally against the invasion of other countries but I agree with that statement 100%.

Aha, the sweet sweet irony of the US government.

Just to sum up:

legal-illegal.gif

15 children killed in 1 week, may be they were "terrorists" children... WHAT A FREEDOM !
@Mosfet:

Man we are a horrible country. Fifteen children plus the rest are so much more then the 1.5 million that the Russians killed during their war with Afghanistan. Why do you always bring up what the US does and not what other countries have done? I love how some of Neowin members make the biggest deal over every little bad thing that the US does when other countries have done far worse.

Link

Lets see what Russia did to them:

- Approximately 90,000 Afghan combatants killed (mujahadeen and government), and 90,000 wounded. Including civilian casualities, estimates are that 10% of the total population and 13.5% of the male population was killed, 1.5 million killed overall.

- Approximately 22,000 Soviets were killed and 75,000 wounded.

- Approximately 6 million refugees were driven into surrounding countries.

- Damages of approximately $50 Billion USD to Afghanistan, about 1/3 to 1/2 the net worth of the country.

- Agricultural production reduced by 50%, livestock losses of 50%.

- 70% of paved roads destroyed.

- Of 15,000 villages in the country, 5,000 were destroyed outright or made economically unsupportable by destruction of all economic resources such as fields, wells or roads.

Oh this is interesting:

There was wide-spread use of chemical weapons behind the front lines by the Soviet Union. This was accepted practice for Soviet military units as reported by Soviet military journals.

And some of you people call us monsters. Let me guess what your response or someone else's response is going to be to what I have said. All of the facts I have brought up are all lies made up by the right wing republican capitalist pig dogs controlled by the George Bush regieme and the news source is controlled by the oil company that Dick Cheney owns or something along those lines. All lies!!! Is that going to be it?

Edited by jmole

jmole, you're arguements are so over-regurgitated that not even a baby bird would swallow your logic. :rolleyes:

as was said in another post, 2 wrongs dont make a right. justifying the killing of 15 children by saying that russians killed more, or terrorist killed more, or nazis killed more, thats the weakest form of an arguement. you'd get zero points if this was a debate contest. :|

let me kill one person and use the arguement "but Charles Manson killed more!" and see if i get off the hook. :wacko:

jmole, you're arguements are so over-regurgitated that not even a baby bird would swallow your logic.  :rolleyes:

as was said in another post, 2 wrongs dont make a right.  justifying the killing of 15 children by saying that russians killed more, or terrorist killed more, or nazis killed more, thats the weakest arguement.

let me kill one person and use the arguement "but Charles Manson killed more!"  and see if i get off the hook.  :wacko:

Then why make a big deal about 15 children getting killed by the US? If they are so worried about innocent lives being killed in Afghanistan then why bring up the US all the time when others have done far worse? All I hear is the US did this, the US did that, blah blah. It is getting really old, really fast.

jmole, you're arguements are so over-regurgitated that not even a baby bird would swallow your logic.
Wahhh you hurt my feelings. :cry:

Then why make a big deal about 15 children getting killed by the US?  If they are so worried about innocent lives being killed Afghanistan then why bring up the US all the time when others have done far worse?

argh!!!! because the Russians are not currently killing in afghanistan! the administration that caused the bloodshed is also not currently in power! you want me to blame russian people now for what was done in the past? why not keep blaming germany for the nazis while i'm at it? or protest against japan for pearl harbor?

the US is CURRENTLY killing civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq, and protesting this now is the correct action. protest against the current world aggresor.

the US is CURRENTLY killing civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq, and protesting this now is the correct action.  protest against the current world aggresor.

No it is not time for protest, it is time to be quiet and let the US get their job done in rebuilding a country. And it is a war, innocent civilians always get killed during wars, get over it. No one listens to protests anyway, they are just annoying. If the protests against the war worked then there would have been no war.

No it is not time for protest, it is time to be quiet and let the US get their job done in rebuilding a country. And it is a war, innocent civilians always get killed during wars, get over it.

oh, i give up. :rolleyes:

same logic could apply to Sept 11th. Al Qaeda was at war with US. 3,000 dead civilians were part of the war. so get over it.

oh, i give up.  :rolleyes:

same logic could apply to Sept 11th.  Al Qaeda was at war with US.  3,000 dead civilians were part of the war.  so get over it.

I do not recall bringing up Sept. 11th in this thread so I do not know what I should be getting over.

I do not recall bringing up Sept. 11th in this thread so I do not know what I should be getting over.

it was a comparison. say it with me. c-o-m-p-a-r-i-s-o-n. good.

you gave complete disregard to dead iraqi and afghani civilians. so i compared it to someone giving complete disregard to sept 11th casualties. saying 'get over it' when referring to 15 dead innocent children is just plain f**king rude on your part. if you wanna talk that way, go to afghanistan and tell their grieving parents to 'get over it'.

my gf is pregnant, and if anyone touched a hair on my future child's head, it'd lose it if someone said "get over it".

it was a comparison.  say it with me.  c-o-m-p-a-r-i-s-o-n.  good.

you gave complete disregard to dead iraqi and afghani civilians.  so i compared it to someone giving complete disregard to sept 11th casualties.  saying 'get over it' when referring to 15 dead innocent children is just plain f**king rude on your part.  if you wanna talk that way, go to afghanistan and tell their grieving parents to 'get over it'.

my gf is pregnant, and if anyone touched a hair on my future child's head, it'd lose it if someone said "get over it".

I am not trying to disrespect the dead children, but people here seem to make a HUGE deal about things like this when the US is invovled and something goes wrong. You mentioned before that the US is currently killing innocents and that is why we should be concerned about it and not what Russia has done in the past. Well here is a news flash: THE US IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN THE WORLD CURRENTLY. Why not start threads about the civil wars and genocide that is going on in Africa? And I am certain that there have been a lot more innocent children killed there. You and a few members only seem to be concerned with who the US is killing and not who other countries are killing. I do not see posts about other countries such as that train getting blown up in Russia that killed a lot more innocent children then the US did in Afghanistan. Oh wait that is right, the US is not invovled in killing them so it is not worth mentioning. And even if I did post a thread about that train or genocide it is almost certain that someone would post something about how many people the US kill because anything that goes wrong in the world there is always a reference to something the US has done wrong.

Edited by jmole

It is obviously a shame that these children died and saying "get over it" is callous.

The United States Army however did not set out to kill these children; the Sept 11th hijackers did intend to kill all of the occupants of the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, & a third unknown target, civilian or otherwise. This is clearly the difference between these two acts.

One was a horrible accident while the other was a deliberate atrocity, a difference of astronomical proportions.

Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi Health Ministry officials ordered a halt to a count of civilian casualties from the war and told workers not to release figures already compiled, the head of the ministry's statistics department told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

we can all relax. there wont be many more "US kills civilians by accident" figures for us to discuss on here.

we can all relax.  there wont be many more "US kills civilians by accident" figures for us to discuss on here.

Thank goodness, I think I got my daily dose of posts on what the US and only the US is doing wrong in the world for today on the forums. Nevermind other countries had or have done the same things yet are not allowed to be mentioned because they are "things of the past." I like how when chemical weapons are brought up in threads it is alright to mention how in the past the US sold Iraq weapons when they were fighting Iran. But when I bring up what Russia did in the past...OH NO you are not allowed to bring up that information here!

i think everyone picks on the US because of the hypocracy. they call it freedom ©, democracy ©, saving the iraqis, saving the world from the eeeeevil saddam and his eeeeevil WMD, and they say all that with a straight poker face.

if Bush just said honestly that "we want Iraqs oil, so to hell with you all, we need it, we will take it", there'd be nothing to debate. they're strong, let them take all the oil they can. we'll just watch.

i actually liked how Bush decided to keep contracts for US and C.O.W. members only. and he didnt try to hide it either. "you didnt join our war, you get none of the goodies. tough". and when asked about if its against international law, Bush said sarcastically "well, let me just go call my lawyer". i actually found that funny. coz really, what the hell will any of us do if US decideds to rob Iraq and screw everyone who's not joining into the gang rape of other countries? i admire the recent honesty. but the arguements about WMD and freeing iraq, hell, not even Bush is on that topic anymore. i'm amazed so many people still believe in WMD when not even Bush and Co. are arguing that point anymore. Rumsfeld said "nope, i dont think we'll ever find the WMD. next question, please."

Why are you worried about the US and hypocracy? Shouldnt you be worried about marrying your girlfriend if shes pregnant?

I dont pick on the US because of the hypochrisy, I pick on teh Shrub because of the hypochrisy. Call it what you will. If he hadnt been so overbearing in all his iterations about all the good reasons we had to go into Iraq, about all that Saddam was guilty of, and all the crap he fed the US public to feed it, I may not actually care. Sadly, he did, and yes, I do.

Prelude made a good point there though. Basically, when US workers/citizens are killed in car bombs, attacks, etc it is all over the news, and most here at home go "Well DAMN!! Good thing we are over there kicking some ass, hope they get some more of those ******s!!" Meanwhile, the kids and innocents that are killed BY the US get very little to no coverage when they are shot down by our troops, who are, of course, under the blanket coverage of justified because "they are at war, doing a job of rebuilding" If it LOOKS like hypochrsiy, and it SOUNDS like hypochrisy, it probably IS hypochrisy. And telling someone to ignore it and "get over it" is about as ignorant as it gets. While there will be accidents with what is going on, there is NO reason that other people, with a different idea of what is good and bad shouldnt stand up and protest when these mistakes are made.

I am glad people have the right to protest these issues (even though by protesting they are now open to investigation, to find out what these evil liberal ******s are REALLY up to :pinch: ) and let thier opinion be heard. It gives me a certain amount of hope that we are not all just going to "fal in line" and accept what is happening as "GREAT!! WONDERFULL!! The US is doing a FABULOUS JOB here folks!!! Truely KICK ASS!!"

No it is not time for protest, it is time to be quiet and let the US get their job done in rebuilding a country. And it is a war, innocent civilians always get killed during wars, get over it. No one listens to protests anyway, they are just annoying. If the protests against the war worked then there would have been no war.

Somehow I dont think you would be so quiet if 15 American children had been killed by Afghanis due to "collateral damage".

Time to be quiet? Nice. Yeah. Over 5,000 innocent dead Afghanis and over 10,000 innocent dead Iraqis, but let's keep quiet eh?

And it is a war, innocent civilians always get killed during wars, get over it.  No one listens to protests anyway, they are just annoying.  If the protests against the war worked then there would have been no war.

Did you apply for a part in 1984 when they were filming it?

It is obviously a shame that these children died and saying "get over it" is callous.

The United States Army however did not set out to kill these children; the Sept 11th hijackers did intend to kill all of the occupants of the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, & a third unknown target, civilian or otherwise. This is clearly the difference between these two acts.

One was a horrible accident while the other was a deliberate atrocity, a difference of astronomical proportions.

It is of absolutely no difference to the innocent people that are dead, or their families. Absolutely none. This is the point that people seem to have a hard time swallowing.

IMHO this is possible the single most important reason for the global distaste of US foreign policy right now.

How would you like it if an Afghan jet fighter dropped a 500lb bomb on your house, killing your entire family, and then when you protested about it, they just turned round and said "Hey, sorry buddy, we didn't mean it, but these things happen, you know?".

"These things happen". Yeah, they do when you drop bombs on people.

How would you like it if an Afghan jet fighter dropped a 500lb bomb on your house, killing your entire family, and then when you protested about it, they just turned round and said "Hey, sorry buddy, we didn't mean it, but these things happen, you know?".

"These things happen". Yeah, they do when you drop bombs on people.

Ever wonder why RWI has become just so boring lately? Same ol. :x

Shouldnt you be worried about marrying your girlfriend if shes pregnant?

actually, we're engaged, but i hate the word 'fiancee'. they need a better word for that. maybe 'death row; ? :happy: