Windows XP for sale....again

Didn't you know people should lay every purchase decision solely on the way the box looks? I think free shipping really is the kicker...Well, only if the receipt is nice looking...otherwise it's going back?Oh, and the box must be able to walk and talk on its own. OH! - and julian(sp) fries...those are good.

Personally i think paying $299 (i think) for XP Pro is stupidly expensive. I mean its like $199 just for the Home edition (full) and $99 for the upgrade, i tell you what i think i'll give it a miss.

I am from the UK in the XP Preview Program, and guess what (you will all probably know already but what the hey) i will get a 120 day evaluation version of XP (RTM) :), Then when it is about to run out, replace files with the corporate ones and bish bash bosh, an essentially legal copy of XP for ?18 LOL

Plus they are aiming to get it out to us before the end of September, I know i have spoke to a XP Preview Program bloke and thats what he said.

Hmm, so living in the UK is slightly good after all, even though MS didnt intend for this to happen.

Anyway, thats enough rambling from me and will enjoy my LEGAL copy very much :))

Taking the evaluation (which is legal) replacing files from the corp (which is illegal) and using another warezed installation key (which is illegal) .... yeah LEGAL corp go man :s

Don't think you are going to be able to call Microsoft for technical support with those credentials, do you?

Kheldar I thought that because my copy would be registered as a legal one and if theres no need to activate it via WPA when its corporate then i would assume it would stay registered as "legal".

I do have a question though, when the 120 day eval. is up do you reckon i could format my hard drive, re-install and the 120 day thingy will be reset, or do you think that the WPA registration via the internet will return a command that it should not work cause its past the eval. date and it WILL NOT activate?

Or what

Thanks mate.

I've just started to clean up my computer to get ready to install RC2 that they are sending me soon, and its running alot faster, so maybe re-formatting wont be so bad by getting rid of everything.

I have a CD burner as well so I can burn all that i want to it and not worry about getting/downloading stuff again.

BTW, one more thing, do you reckon that MS could find out about that by looking at the logs, and see i have activated it a number of times where i should not have from there end?