EBOLA Outbreak

The people most at risk are those who come in to direct contact with a person who is infected.   I think hysteria around this could be warranted in about six months to a year.  Right now it's not much of a problem but it could be. It certainly a greater threat then ISIS.  

I have three words on how to control Ebola anywhere anytime " Fuel Air Bombs" and those caught trying to escape get the free lead vaccination and quicky cremation  

It's all about those FEMA camps baby..... seriously the entire time Obama has been in office it's been this wacko talk of "FEMA CAMPS".... with no proof of anything

Exactly !

Im sure Fox News is behind the rumor spreading LOL

My father's ex- best friend is a firm believer wackjob in all of these conspiracy theories.  He was never very bright which is ample breeding ground for this silliness, but he has gone over the deep end with the Illuminati, the NWO, and global economy, etc.  Unfortunately my father is a devout watcher of Fox News so he has some naivity issues as well (he believes anything he gets in an email if it is anti-Obama, or pro-Tea Party -- when I show him how all of these things are complete BS, usually on snopes, he then replies, "well its still good propaganda" -- Uhh no its not.  IMO if your opponent has to resort to lying , doesnt that mean they cant find anything truthful that is bad ?

Anyway, my fiance is a pediatrician in Southlake (30 miles from Dallas Presby where this is taking place) -- she says this is very serious because we are in uncharted territory and people make mistakes.  Especially people who are overworked, overstressed, and/or have agendas, or being directed by someone who has an agenda other than medical safety....

I hope Ebola spread all over the world... then we will appreciate our life better.

I don't know man, there are other ways to appreciate life more.  :cry:  Keep that Ebola away from my family and I.  :angry:

The collective IQ drops considerably when you venture outside of Hardware Hangout, or networking threads

why do you think it's rare to see Budman outside of the hardware and networking threads?  :woot:  :rofl:

1 - It's a highly contagious disease.

2- Dealing with the outbreak, mostly means isolating people that were contaminated.

Things can still go out of control.

1. It's highly contagious if you come into direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids....in other words, it's not highly contagious at all.

2. That's not very hard to do.

1. It's highly contagious if you come into direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids....in other words, it's not highly contagious at all.

2. That's not very hard to do.

1. So when that ebola carrier doesn't wash their hands and they get their fecal matter on door handles and you touch it and eventually rub your eye, you can enjoy your ebola.

2. So why was it so hard to keep that nurse with ebola from getting on a commercial flight?

1. So when that ebola carrier doesn't wash their hands and they get their fecal matter on door handles and you touch it and eventually rub your eye, you can enjoy your ebola.

2. So why was it so hard to keep that nurse with ebola from getting on a commercial flight?

In Spain the number of suspected cases are growing, because people touch their hands and cough everywhere; just today a nurse that travelled in the same ambulance with the infected nurse that contracted Ebola a few days ago went into the hospital with the same symptoms.

I'm stumped because this is a high rate disease, highly infectious with no know cure but still people travel into the high risk countries, don't get screened at the airport (or if suspected illness they don't get into quarantine) and travel by bus, spreading the disease everywhere.

btw: how did this outbreak started? I thought Ebola was very restrictive...

• Like 2

Clearly this was created by the US to bring down the population. And the reason why they say it started from Africa, is becuase what other continent has as many  deaths from infections as them. Its easy to pretend Africa got infected because its dirty and conditions are poor. But the reality is, that the goverment created it and now they slowly spreading it around the world, pretending that they trying to heal people and it spread out. The thing is they needed a way to spread it across the world, and what better excuse than they tried curing someone and failed. I am more than sure that there is a way to stop it, but why do that, if they want the population to decrease? I know for a fact that all the elite people have already been treated for all these infections.

You should join the Flat Earth Society, you will do well.

Clearly this was created by the US to bring down the population. And the reason why they say it started from Africa, is becuase what other continent has as many  deaths from infections as them. Its easy to pretend Africa got infected because its dirty and conditions are poor. But the reality is, that the goverment created it and now they slowly spreading it around the world, pretending that they trying to heal people and it spread out. The thing is they needed a way to spread it across the world, and what better excuse than they tried curing someone and failed. I am more than sure that there is a way to stop it, but why do that, if they want the population to decrease? I know for a fact that all the elite people have already been treated for all these infections.

What? I didn't get treated at all! SOME HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL!

Ok then explain to me why the isolation unit is at most 2 whole rooms away from the Cafeteria of that hospital? I have a reliable source that works there that has seen the patients. The area they are kept is not far enough away from the rest of the hospital. Not sure if thats a design flaw or just they chose to put them there. When the ###### hits the fan we shall see. Also to those who keep mentioning zombies, you do know that the ebola virus was used to create the T-Virus in the resident evil/bio hazard game series. http://residentevil.wikia.com/Ebola_virus I am not saying thats going to happen but you never know.

Those two are, by far, the most amazing posts on Neowin in 2014....amazingly bad, that it.

Neobond, please give them a level 2 subscription, they won it.

With this string of comments it leads me to call BS on you having any medical related role what-so-ever and also as stated various times before the Ebola virus can only spread from bodily fluid transfer (e.g intercourse) or them having a open wound (likely due to the symptoms of the virus) and you having an open wound and then you both rub each others open wounds transferring blood and other bodily fluids. (e.g In some tribal burials its customary to touch the dead persons body, if the person doing the touching has an open wound on their hand like a small cut of some sort they are likely to also catch the virus).

So the likeliness of Ebola spreading throughout the US just because the two US citizens were brought back for better medical care is basically zero even if the hospital staff are completely incompetent.

It's not like the flu where it is airborne and you can sneeze on someone and they can catch it also, its similar to HIV(AIDS), Hep A, B and C, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea and many others.

As for the Resident Evil comments. Zombies are a story plot created for entertainment, not a real life scenario governments are trying to recreate...

Ebola spreads throu body contact and it's pretty simple: since the incubation time is pretty large, you could be infected and don't even know it and every single thing that you touch (door handles, all the people you hand shake, touch, all the transportations you get into, etc.) increases alot the chances someone will get infected, because unless that person washes her hands alot or uses bleach in her clothes, it will put her hands in the mouth, rub her eyes and so on, passing the virus.

And there's an area hospital here whose morgue is 3 doors down from the kitchen entrance. That doesn't mean that the recently deceased Uncle Charlie is on the Monday Special platter. "2-3 doors" on a hospital service floor can be >100 feet or more.

This; I know a major hospital in my country who had (a few years ago) the kitchen entrance just 10 meters away from the morgue, it was confusing to see food deliveries cars right next to funeral cars, but that doesn't mean anything at all.  :)

Stop it. You're just being ridiculous.

:laugh:

What? I didn't get treated at all! SOME HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL!

You must have missed the memo. We also have the cure for the flu and AIDS.  :laugh:

• Like 2

You must have missed the memo. We also have the cure for the flu and AIDS.  :laugh:

Nah, those i've already toke it with my friends Michael Jackson and that old fart, Elvis.

• Like 4

more people die from the flu each year than Ebola - you don't see airport customers being screened for that ...

Are you comparing the "normal" flu with Ebola?  :s

Did you see what Ebola does to a person?

• Like 2

Ebola spreads throu body contact and it's pretty simple: since the incubation time is pretty large, you could be infected and don't even know it and every single thing that you touch (door handles, all the people you hand shake, touch, all the transportations you get into, etc.) increases alot the chances someone will get infected, because unless that person washes her hands alot or uses bleach in her clothes, it will put her hands in the mouth, rub her eyes and so on, passing the virus.

From CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/qa.html

Are people who were on the plane with this patient at risk?

A person must have symptoms to spread Ebola to others. The ill person did not exhibit symptoms of Ebola during the flights from West Africa and CDC does not recommend that people on the same commercial airline flights undergo monitoring. The person reported developing symptoms five days after the return flight. CDC and public health officials in Texas are taking precautions to identify people who have had close personal contact with the ill person and health care professionals have been reminded to use meticulous infection control at all times.

Now stop talking out of your ass.

What Ebola does to a person doesn't change the fact that more people do in fact die of the flu in one year than have died in total from Ebola in the since it was discovered in the 70's.

The flu kills more people than Ebola. By Fox News logic that means the US should shut down international travel to any country harbouring the flu.

The flu kills more people than Ebola. By Fox News logic that means the US should shut down international travel to any country harbouring the flu.

Ebola isn't the flu though, it's in a completely different classification of viruses, a much worse classification in terms of mortality

Ebola isn't the flu though, it's in a completely different classification of viruses, a much worse classification in terms of mortality

So is HIV, mortality should be considered after rate of infection. The flu has the ability to infect and spread much more rapidly. Do I want to be on a flight with someone who has Ebola but isn't yet showing signs...not really, but I would take that over being on a flight with someone who had the flu.

Such as AIDS as well, but classifying AIDS and flu in the same level as Ebola is nonsense.

What Ebola does to a person doesn't change the fact that more people do in fact die of the flu in one year than have died in total from Ebola in the since it was discovered in the 70's.

Geez, lots of experts on the matter. Well then, how come in Spain the nurse that travelled in the same ambulance with another nurse (now confirmed with Ebola) is right now considered a high level suspicious case of Ebola? And the ambulance driver as well?

Peter Piot, one of the co-discovers of the Ebola virus, made a very interesting interview to BBC regarding the discovery and his comments on this new outbreak; with proper care this outbreak should be more easy to contain (because in the Western countries the hygiene habits are better then in those African countries and the infected person dies very quickly without great care, reducing the contagion period - comparing with AIDS where a person that has AIDS can live years); still it's not a easy task because the high density of the population and, in my opinion, the disregard and lack of proper care in the know infected cases.

funny that, in that same link you posted, you missed this:

• Do not handle items that may have come in contact with an infected person?s blood or body fluids.

so if a infect person coughs or sneezes (because right now is Fall and many people are getting sick with allergies), there's a high chance of passing Ebola. Again, body contact and touching items/materials that an infected person has, somehow, contaminated, is playing with fire.

funny that, in that same link you posted, you missed this:

• Do not handle items that may have come in contact with an infected person?s blood or body fluids.

so if a infect person coughs or sneezes (because right now is Fall and many people are getting sick with allergies), there's a high chance of passing Ebola. Again, body contact and touching items/materials that an infected person has, somehow, contaminated, is playing with fire.

The point remains that, according to the CDC...not me, people are not contagious until they start showing symptoms. After that point all bets are off, but if you're on a flight with someone who was infected and they have not yet started to show signs you most likely have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1