EBOLA Outbreak

Clearly this was created by the US to bring down the population. And the reason why they say it started from Africa, is becuase what other continent has as many  deaths from infections as them. Its easy to pretend Africa got infected because its dirty and conditions are poor. But the reality is, that the goverment created it and now they slowly spreading it around the world, pretending that they trying to heal people and it spread out. The thing is they needed a way to spread it across the world, and what better excuse than they tried curing someone and failed. I am more than sure that there is a way to stop it, but why do that, if they want the population to decrease? I know for a fact that all the elite people have already been treated for all these infections.

I dont know if this is a joke, but if it isnt, please tell me how you KNOW the elite have all been treated.  Because, if you were in a postition where you had 1st hand knowledge of what the worl's elite were doing.... chances are you would have to be one of the elite....  So, tell me how you know these things.

If this is just kidding, then its a good one.

1976-2012 -1590 deaths from Ebola

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/  (scroll to bottom)

2014 - 4484 deaths

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/case-counts.html (diffrent strain?)

1976-2012 -1590 deaths from Ebola

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/  (scroll to bottom)

2014 - 4484 deaths

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/case-counts.html (diffrent strain?)

Past outbreaks were contained to small villages and groups with little contact from outside their immediate area, so the virus was died out with those that had it. This current outbreak is in a more populated area and as such spread further out making it much harder to control and keep confined. 

Past outbreaks were contained to small villages and groups with little contact from outside their immediate area, so the virus was died out with those that had it. This current outbreak is in a more populated area and as such spread further out making it much harder to control and keep confined. 

And what you said reinforced the opinion that more stringent isolation policy should be enforced on any Ebola stricken area.

• Like 3

Why are these viruses/diseases activating in a timed manner? Biological warfare is the new Purge! Get ready to get purged if you can't defend yourself.

Africa is a big , test lab.

Can Microsoft Kinect for Windows be used to detect Ebola with the infrared sensor? I am interested in creating an Ebola screening application.

Sure it is able too. When you fall down with fever, nose bleeding, trembling, it will auto-detect ebola based on your movement and .... fall. Before someone dies, they must try and say their last words... Xbox ON!

I am curious about the future with this disease being in the U.S now.

Will it continue to spread?

or will the disease be contained.

I am curious about the future with this disease being in the U.S now.

Will it continue to spread?

or will the disease be contained.

Judging by the way they have been handling things I don't see this ending anytime soon. Just yesterday when going to hospital to see my baby the nursing staff are stopping you at the door asking all these ebola related questions. Then we have this stupid airline who put the ebola patient on the same plane as a commercial flight. If its not supposed to be airborne (I think it is) that airline would not be putting up so much effort to contact all the passengers on that plane. The smart thing would have been to never put them on the same plane as the passengers. I give this one month before ###### spirals out of control to the point in which they cant handle it. Its gonna be just like the Strain minus the whole vampire part.

The flu kills more people than Ebola. By Fox News logic that means the US should shut down international travel to any country harbouring the flu.

The flu also does not have a mortality rate of 70%.

The flu is worldwide.  Ebola is not yet.  It has already hit nearly 10% of what the flu and pneumonia combined kill every year and it is extremely localized.  

Imagine if it was worldwide.  Suddenly you wouldn't be saying such silly things.

Judging by the way they have been handling things I don't see this ending anytime soon. Just yesterday when going to hospital to see my baby the nursing staff are stopping you at the door asking all these ebola related questions. Then we have this stupid airline who put the ebola patient on the same plane as a commercial flight. If its not supposed to be airborne (I think it is) that airline would not be putting up so much effort to contact all the passengers on that plane. The smart thing would have been to never put them on the same plane as the passengers. I give this one month before ###### spirals out of control to the point in which they cant handle it. Its gonna be just like the Strain minus the whole vampire part.

What evidence do you have that it is airborne?

The flu also does not have a mortality rate of 70%.

And neither does Ebola, if you're talking about western healthcare standards. In Liberia there are 150 doctors for a population of 4 million people; in Sierra Leone there are 120 doctors for 6 million people - clearly that is inadequate for controlling an outbreak like this. We don't know what the mortality rate is for comprehensive healthcare systems like those in the UK and US. It's also worth pointing out that Ebola is less contagious than most diseases, including the flu.

Fox News is doing what it does best - peddling fear. Ebola isn't currently a serious threat to the western world but it could be if more isn't done to control it at source. Closing the borders with West Africa would actually be counter-productive and stymie efforts to control the disease at source. It might sound logical but it's actually the worst thing that can be done.

And neither does Ebola, if you're talking about western healthcare standards. 

We have had so few infections here so far that you cannot calculate it accurately and you know it.

Of the three known cases, one has died.  Its already higher than the flu and pneumonia.  It might be considerably higher here very soon depending on outcome of the other two.

Germany has had one case so far, and they died.  So thats 100% mortality rate there.  Again, its too few for you to accurately say that 70% is not correct.

Fox news has nothing to do with this, you are just looking for a scapegoat.  

Ebola isn't currently a serious threat to the western world but it could be if more isn't done to control it at source.

So by your logic we should just ignore it until its spread out of control, because its not a serious threat?  Any illness with no cure or proven treatment with a high mortality rate and is infectious is a threat.  We should have quarantined everyone who helped fight the disease in Africa until the incubation period was over and they were proven not infected.  

We have had so few infections here so far that you cannot calculate it accurately and you know it.

Exactly, that's my point.

Of the three known cases, one has died.  Its already higher than the flu and pneumonia.  It might be considerably higher here very soon depending on outcome of the other two.

Germany has had one case so far, and they died.  So thats 100% mortality rate there.  Again, its too few for you to accurately say that 70% is not correct.

Many of those cases the disease was contracted in West Africa and the individuals were only shipped back later. The situation may have been very different with a native outbreak. The healthcare systems in West Africa are beyond breaking point and that, along with cultural traditions, is why the outbreak has been so deadly. That won't be mirrored in western countries.

Fox news has nothing to do with this, you are just looking for a scapegoat.  

Freedom to travel is the primary transport for Ebola spreading worldwide.

All the experts agree that travel bans would NOT stop the spread of the disease and WOULD impede efforts to contain the situation in West Africa. Therefore it is extremely irresponsible for Fox News to be pushing travel bans when that would only exacerbate the situation. I'm not looking for a scapegoat - Fox News is just an irresponsible broadcaster.

Exactly, that's my point.

Many of those cases the disease was contracted in West Africa and the individuals were only shipped back later. The situation may have been very different with a native outbreak. The healthcare systems in West Africa are beyond breaking point and that, along with cultural traditions, is why the outbreak has been so deadly. That won't be mirrored in western countries.

All the experts agree that travel bans would NOT stop the spread of the disease and WOULD impede efforts to contain the situation in West Africa. Therefore it is extremely irresponsible for Fox News to be pushing travel bans when that would only exacerbate the situation. I'm not looking for a scapegoat - Fox News is just an irresponsible broadcaster.

Use a little logic here.

Travelling is what spread the disease to the western world in the first place.

How much resources would a goverment spend, to treat and cure, African poblation?, they just isolate them, how many Patients have been cured in Africa?. So Mortality Rate will stay high in there, they might use them as guinea pigs for an experimental cure, saving thousands of desolated africans, wont bring any kind of benefit to any nation interest.

Use a little logic here.

Travelling is what spread the disease to the western world in the first place.

Use a little logic here.

What will happen if you implement a travel ban? Infected people will simply find ways around the ban and lie about their conditions, making it impossible to track those infected; it would also prevent the necessary medical staff from reaching the country, impeding efforts to contain the outbreak. That actually INCREASES the risk to countries like the UK and US. To ignore the opinions of experts is simply foolish.

Do you honestly think your more informed or smarter than experts in the field? Fox News peddles fear because it drives ratings and makes them money.

How much resources would a goverment spend, to treat and cure, African poblation?, they just isolate them, how many Patients have been cured in Africa?. So Mortality Rate will stay high in there, they might use them as guinea pigs for an experimental cure, but saving thousands of desolated africans, wont bring any kind of benefit to any nation interest.

I don't agree with this at all.

We should still try to help, but limit travel to authorized people only, and they are not allowed to come back in until they have passed through the incubation period and shown no infection.

Use a little logic here.

What will happen if you implement a travel ban? Infected people will simply find ways around the ban and lie about their conditions, making it impossible to track those infected; it would also prevent the necessary medical staff from reaching the country, impeding efforts to contain the outbreak. That actually INCREASES the risk to countries like the UK and US. To ignore the opinions of experts is simply foolish.

Do you honestly think your more informed or smarter than experts in the field? Fox News peddles fear because it drives ratings and makes them money.

Are you implying we can track infected without a travel ban, but cannot with one?  LOL. 

I am not smarter than experts in the field, no.  Of course neither are you, and that has never stopped you commenting.

Why do you constantly fall back on blaming Fox news when you don't have a solid argument?

Are you implying we can track infected without a travel ban, but cannot with one?  LOL. 

I am not smarter than experts in the field, no.  Of course neither are you, and that has never stopped you commenting.

Why do you constantly fall back on blaming Fox news when you don't have a solid argument?

The evidence says that a travel ban would exacerbate the situation. You haven't addressed that. As for Fox News, it is promoting an irresponsible agenda and it is perfectly reason to point that out. My argument is solid and supported by experts - yours is not.

The evidence says that a travel ban would exacerbate the situation. You haven't addressed that. As for Fox News, it is promoting an irresponsible agenda and it is perfectly reason to point that out. My argument is solid and supported by experts - yours is not.

Show me where a global outbreak was made worse by a travel ban and I will address your comments.

Show me where a global outbreak was made worse by a travel ban and I will address your comments.

You're deflecting. You have yet to demonstrate why the experts are wrong and why you are right.

You're deflecting. You have yet to demonstrate why the experts are wrong and why you are right.

You have done the same thing by not showing why the experts are right.  Lets see that example of where a travel ban helped spread a disease??  You call it a deflection.  I call it showing that you have no evidence to backup your own claims other than cite "experts".

Experts once called the world flat...

Please show me how authorized travel and quarantines to control spread of an outbreak would not work.  Deferring to something like "the experts said it would hurt things, therefore it must be true" is not a valid defense.

And neither does Ebola, if you're talking about western healthcare standards. In Liberia there are 150 doctors for a population of 4 million people; in Sierra Leone there are 120 doctors for 6 million people - clearly that is inadequate for controlling an outbreak like this. We don't know what the mortality rate is for comprehensive healthcare systems like those in the UK and US. It's also worth pointing out that Ebola is less contagious than most diseases, including the flu.

Fox News is doing what it does best - peddling fear. Ebola isn't currently a serious threat to the western world but it could be if more isn't done to control it at source. Closing the borders with West Africa would actually be counter-productive and stymie efforts to control the disease at source. It might sound logical but it's actually the worst thing that can be done.

Its actually a 90% mortality rate if you do nothing and fight it on your own.

I do wish folks would stop dragging that tired old argument out.  It is not, and never has been, true.

History books say otherwise.

No way to prove or disprove it at this point (you certainly cannot prove that it was never true), but the ultimate point was that experts aren't always right.

History books say otherwise.

No way to prove or disprove it at this point (you certainly cannot prove that it was never true), but the ultimate point was that experts aren't always right.

Actually, no. "Common belief" says otherwise, the history books, don't.

It was only ever a belief amongst a -small- number of the peasant class.

• Like 1